Setup Variables for Payroll Reports
Setup Payroll Variables for payroll reports functionality allows you to setup the payroll heads used in your company to generate reports. You can customize variables by activating or deactivating them, modifying their labels, and setting their order of appearance.
To setup payroll variables for payroll reports, you need to:
1. Log into the system as Administrator.
The My HR tab displaying your home page appears, as shown in Figure 2-3-1.
2. Rollover mouse on the Settings tab and then select Payroll option from the menu that appears, as shown in Figure 2-3-2.
Alternatively, click on the Settings tab and then click on Payroll section heading, as shown in Figure 2-3-3.
The Payroll Setting page appears, as shown in Figure 2-3-4.
The page displays all the functionalities that you can perform to customize the payroll module according to your requirements.
Help on each functionality can be seen by just clicking on the help icon ( ) next to it. The left navigation bar opens up the Payroll node and displays all the subnodes under it.
3. Click Setup Variables for Payroll Reports link.
The Setup Payroll Variables page appears, as shown in Figure 2-3-5.
The page displays a list of variable types. Each variable type has a list of variables that can be customized according to the specific requirements of your company.
4. Click on the variable type that you want to configure. For this example, click Consolidated Earnings Report.
5. A list of variables for the selected variable type appears in the right side of the Variable Type list, as shown in Figure 2-3-6.
In this case the variables of Consolidated Earnings Report variable type appears. The variable type list displays two types of variables, Active and Inactive. The Active variables are the selected variables for the selected variable type. These variables will be used while showing payroll reports. The Inactive variables are the variables that are not used by the system in payroll reports.
6. Activate inactive variables that you want to use in your payroll reports by clicking Inactive button.
A list of Inactive variables for the selected data type appears, as shown in Figure 2-3-7.
7. Click on the variable that you want to activate.
The edit screen for the selected variable appears on the extreme right section of the page, as shown in Figure 2-3-8.
8. Modify the label of the variable by providing a new variable label in the Variable Label text box, if required.
9. Select the Active checkbox to activate the variable and provide the description of the variable in the Description field.
10. Click Update.
The variable is successfully modified and a message suggesting the same appears, as shown in Figure 2-3-9.
11. Click Active button to see the variable successfully added to Active variables list, as shown in Figure 2-3-10.
12. Deactivate the active variables that are not required and modify the labels of the Active variables by following the same steps (7-10) that you followed to activate and modify labels of the Inactive variables, if required.
13. Click on up and down arrows to move the variable up or down respectively, if required.
The up and down arrows allow you to modify the order of appearance of variables on the payroll reports.
You can now follow the same steps mentioned above to customize the variables of each variable type.