Once you have taken and explored all the functionalities of Empxtrack Free Payroll Trial, you are now ready to use Empxtrack Free Payroll Software. You need to clear pre-populated trial data and setup your company information.
This help page gives you step by step instructions to start using Empxtrack Free Payroll.
Clear Trial Data
To clear pre-populated dummy trial data, you need to:
- Log in to the Free Payroll trial as shown in Figure 1.Note: The question mark symbol shown adjacent to the Clear Trial Data button redirects you to FAQs and Online Help website. You may like to refer it to learn how to run functionalities in Empxtrack Free Payroll software.
- Click Clear Trial Data button that converts your trial into Free Payroll edition. A pop-up window appears for confirmation of deletion of trial data (see Figure 2). You can now setup your company information to start using the free software.
- The Setup Application page appears as shown in Figure 3. This page displays steps required to setup your company information. Upload your employee data and fill up some necessary details in the application.
Upload Company Logo
- Upload the company logo to begin the process. Browse the company logo by clicking Choose file and click the Upload button (see Figure 4). Or you can choose to do it later by clicking Complete it later.The default size supported for the logo is 250px x 60px and the application supports gif, jpeg and png files.
The logo is uploaded as shown in Figure 5. Click Next button to move to the next step.
Setup Company Details and Its Financial Information
- On the Company Wise Settings page, fill in the company details and company’s financial details to setup your company information as shown in Figure 6. This information is required for generation of various statutory forms. In the Company details section, provide company address details. All details apply to the default company and you can update the company name by going to Settings / Setup Masters / Location related masters. In the Company Financial details section, select the default bank account and provide details of GST (for providing you GST credits). Enter NA if GST credit is not required.ESIC: Select Yes, if your company is registered for ESIC and provide the enrollment number for your company. All employees who are eligible for ESI will have automatic deductions.
Provident fund: Enter Yes, if your organization is registered for provident fund provide the establishment code. Also specify the maximum PF contributions and deductions for employees and employer. If you leave this value blank, 12% of the employees salary would be deducted and an equal amount contributed as employer contribution.
Note: Empxtrack allows data storage for multiple companies and you can set different payroll configurations and data elements for each company. Select a company and then setup the configurations for it.The fields displayed here change on the basis of the region and are automatically mapped to the payroll processing.
- Click the Update button. A confirmation message appears on the screen as shown in Figure 7. Click OK.
The company details are saved successfully. Click Next button move to the next step.
Generate Pay Periods
- In the next page, you will view options to manage and automatically generate pay periods. To generate pay period, Select a financial period from the dropdown and Specify the start date for the pay period as shown in Figure 8. Pay periods once generated cannot be removed, but they can be edited.
Note (a): The values of Period (financial period starting from Apr’20 to Mar’21) and Pay Period Type (Monthly) fields are already fixed. The option to customize these fields is available in paid edition of Empxtrack payroll software. You can choose to payout your employees on Monthly, Fortnightly or Weekly basis, or modify the start and end time of the financial year in the paid edition.(b): If you enter 25th March as the start date, 12 pay periods will be generated starting from 25th Mar – 24th Apr and onwards.
- Click the Generate button. A confirmation message appears on the screen to ensure if you want to generate 12 pay periods as defined in the pay periods page. Click OK as shown in Figure 9.
- Pay periods are generated successfully as shown in Figure 10. You can edit the pay period by clicking the Edit button given at the bottom of the page. Click Next.
Setup Attendance Rules
- You can now create attendance rules on the Attendance Configuration page to capture attendance and calculate regular work hours, overtime, under-time, weekend and holiday, and perform shift based calculations. Filling in this data automatically fills the attendance of employees and allows accurate calculations of days worked for payroll.Note: Advanced and paid versions of Empxtrack allow significant configurations in each of these fields.Select weekend 1 and 2 in the Weekend Import Rule section from the dropdown as shown in Figure 11. By default, the weekend days are selected. You can change them as per your company requirements.
In the Holiday Import Rule section, select Automatically import holiday calendar in attendance option if you want to automatically import holidays in attendance, else choose the option Do not allow attendance creation if holiday calendar not defined. Select the country from Use holiday from dropdown.Note: If a holiday calendar does not exist for an year, the system can automatically import the holidays for the selected geography for the given year. This can avoid challenges in attendance setup for an employee if you forget to setup the holidays. You can always edit holidays post their import or even manually import these.
Now go to the Under Time Calculation Rule section. In Empxtrack, you can specify Time calculation rules that would help in calculation of number of hours an employee has worked. The calculation is based on the hours logged in the application by the employee. Eg. If the employee logs between 0 and 4 hours, the system will mark 0 day worked with a status of MIS.
Fill the values in From, To, Percentage of day worked and Status fields. You can change them to map your company requirements. Click the Update values button to save the changes made in attendance rules. The message suggesting “Attendance configurations are updated successfully” appears.
Upload Employee Data
- In the Uploaded employees page, you can upload employee data in two ways. Upload data and Add employees one-by-one.(A) View steps to upload employee data in one go as shown in Figure 12. Click the Upload button.
The Upload employee data page appears as shown in Figure 13. You can download the file to identify the format in which employee data needs to be uploaded. Fill the downloaded file with employee data and upload it in the application to map the fields.
Map fields in the Fields Selection Mapping page by clicking Continue button as shown in Figure 14. Make sure all the Empxtrack and User fields have the same format to avoid data discrepancy.
Click the Confirm button after verifying the employee data as shown in Figure 15.
The employee data is uploaded successfully in the application as shown in Figure 16.
(B) You can also add a new employee one-by-one by clicking Add new employee button. Input all the personal and employment details of an employee. Remember to fill in the fields marked with asterisk (*).
Select the checkbox in front of the in front of the Email field to send a welcome email to the new employee as shown in Figure 17. Once the employee record is saved, HR or employee can fill the remaining information in the application.
Assign Salary Structure
- Now assign salary structure to employees for smooth processing of their salaries. Refer to Assign Salary Structure help page to learn how salary structure is assigned to employees.A salary structure is a template that contains salary heads that may have formulas or dependencies among each other. Initially salary structure is not assigned to any employee. You can either assign salary structure to each employee individually or upload a common salary structure for selected employees at once.Note: Multiple salary structures with editable options are available in Empxtrack paid editions.
To assign a salary structure to a specific employee, click Assign salary structure icon shown in front of that employee’s name. Or select all employees and click the Upload salary structure button to update their salary structure as shown in Figure 18.
Download the csv file to identify the format in which salary structure is required to upload. Browse the formatted file and click Save as shown in Figure 19. A message appears showing that the salary structure for all employees is updated successfully.
A message appears showing that the salary structure for all employees is updated successfully as shown in Figure 20.
Credit Leave to Employees
- The Credit Leave page appears as shown in Figure 21. You can set values for leave that needs to be credited to employees. All the employees selected by you show up here with the selected leave types and the credit value. You can input any value if required and click on the Credit button. Next page will display a confirmation report.Tip: Once the leave is credited, the credit will immediately show up as a credit transaction in employee leave transactions.
Complete Application Setup
- You have reached the Setup Configuration page where updated information for all the page can be seen. Click Proceed as shown in Figure 22.
- As shown in Figure 23, you are now ready to start using Empxtrack Free Payroll to manage and process your payroll cycle efficiently without paying a single penny.
Purchase Empxtrack Paid Edition
- To upgrade the application into a paid edition, click on Purchase Now button as shown in Figure 24. This will help you get more functionalities and customization options.
Click on the following links to know more about them:
- What happens when I register
- Providing initial information
- Selection of functionality
- Initial Registration and creation of your application
- Initial Test Data vs empty data
- Setup Company Information
- Time Settings
- Uploads of employee data
- Upload Relationship data
- Update/ map HR Manager
- Information with already existing HR Manager role
- Setup of HR Managers and other senior managers
- Migrate from Free Trial to Purchased Version
- Setup Payments
- Clear test data
- Moving from Free Payroll to Empxtrack Paid Edition