Technical and functional changes included in the Empxtrack build 7.07-7.10.3 releases.
Date: 10 Apr 2018
- Added capability to display a label in performance appraisal final score page instead of the calculated score. Configurations added to the final score page to allow this to happen.
- Added team view chart for HR Manager. It was disabled in the new version earlier.
- Added a drill down attendance analytics graph where a manager can drill down and view attendance on a day in the Process page itself.
- Added capabilities to store comments and ratings for relation 3, relation 4, relation 5 in performance appraisal. Added mechanism to map the relations to roles in the setup of the appraisal plan.
- Improvements in setup of visibility rules for appraisal plans. Much simpler and intuitive interface for view, edit rights for each role.
- Availability of comment helper in performance appraisal while simultaneously rating multiple employees on a single attribute in manager mode.
- Added capabilities to link training courses to skills and competencies in the manager mode and direct nomination of employees while viewing a course linked to the skill or competency.
- Added Career planning functionality at employee level. Employees can setup career goals by picking up the following options: Training, transfer, new qualification, promotion to a new title, role change. Also added capabilities to view progressions from the current job description to linked job descriptions.
- In performance appraisal setup, added a capability to copy form level permissions from one form to the next while adding a new form. This will allow an easier setup in copying visibility permissions across different roles.
- Removal of interview and test notification when a hiring manager has submitted a candidates interview feedback form.
- Added an option to allow HR Manager to update exit details. This was required because in many cases the last date of working was updated post the submission of separation request and led to back end database updates. HR Manager (responsible for exit) can update this any time.
- Update of user interface in Leave application to allow leave balance and pending leave details to display.Capability added to clear attendance status values such as holiday, shift, weekend off. This was required because in many cases the attendance records were generated even when holiday calendar or weekend roster were not generated or shift allocation was not done. Now HR can pick employees from Manage attendance page and clear data for selected employees. This allows self service at the HR Manager end and on clearing, all of this data will be regenerated automatically.
- Added a java utility to execute a file based calc engine template. Allow easier setup of attendance reading mechanisms from local databases and transfer of files to empxtrack ftp servers. The utility will support integration with local databases through JDBC, JDBC-ODBC connections, FTP to remote servers, file read-write capabilities, execution of database templates in case the template is to be run on empxtrack servers and all non-web server based activities.
- Improvements to layout of different widgets and icons in mobile mode.
- Added a workflow capability to associate a template file with a workflow. This will allow the creation of new object types on the fly using AbstractObject key-value pair, use the template for input of data, allow an approval process on the object and then associated persistence to any database table once the approval is given for storage. Empxtrack can link to any approval process now.
- Fixes to mail processor to allow outlook integration for events. Improvements in invite to allow HTML to go into the ICS file (with appropriate changes)
- UI improvements in the manpower planning module.
- Travel, Training, Leave, Interview & test events are now added to event calendar for an employee.
- Issue resolved related to flicker of tooltip when a mouse hovers on a tooltip.
- Chart freezing issue resolved when we click on an element the second time.
- Support added in salary transaction table, payroll master table to handle 3 decimal places to assist in payroll processing for Middle East regions.
- Fixed payroll issue where employees could view their pay-slip even when a stop-payment was done for them.
- Immediate update of message count on message icon when a message gets hidden or added.
- Added support for google app integration and SSO with empxtrack. SAML integration is enabled in empxtrack as an additional SSO option. We are now integrated with OAuth2, SAML, ADFS, LDAP, Okta, LinkedIn
- Upload employee data widget has been removed from the Process menu and is available in settings only.
- Fixes to appraisal notification reminder functionality based on the workflow selection.
- Fixes on identifying the total claim amount and its integration with payroll.
- Fixes to setup of salary structure when new heads are added or moved up/down. Recalculate did not work correctly after 1 such movement.
- Change of navigation architecture. We no longer open pages in pop-up mode and instead open it inline or on the same page. This is for an improved user experience.
- Added option to allow user to define their own landing page.
- Fields hidden from specific roles during HRIS field setup were visible in reports. This has been fixed.
- Added pagination on help desk, promotion and career widgets implemented.
- Added collapse capabilities for report menu structure.
Technical and functional changes included in the Empxtrack build 7.04-7.06 releases.
Date: 15 Feb 2018
- Functionality added to handle training nomination requests at manager and employee end with options for workflow setup with each training course.
- Training nomination now allows a search of appropriate training program on multiple criteria.
- Release of calendar functionality.
- Improvements in user interface for Task and event section for calendar. Capability added to view another persons calendar and conversion of user time zone to GMT for global ICS file compatibility. Event and Task acceptance messaging linked in the application.
- Added capabilities to view gap between job description and current skills at employee and manager section. This will help employees setup their development plan in relation to their career goals.
- Improvements in ADP data import. Issues resolved related to, removal of underscore from URLs, identifying correct email, manager name and employment status id from the parsed record, scrolling across results where multiple result sets may be returned by ADP during a data import.
- Improvement of widget rendering process.
- Issue fixed related to view of wrong employee profile from Login section.
- Added capability to BCC each system email to a specific address
- Fixed errors related to copy of appraisal, onboarding and feedback plans.
- Optimization in setup of filters for the different pages.
Technical and functional changes included in the Empxtrack build 7.00-7.03 releases.
Date: 11 Jan 2018
- Launch of empxtrack 7 to improve user experience https://empxtrack.com/global-hr-software/
- Completely new portal with an engaging and user-friendly design and one-click access to functionality.
- Widgets for each module with easy to view dashboards and links for accessing deeper functionality.
- Easy access to commonly used widgets such as Chat, Time cards, Messages & Notifications, Polls, 360 Pulse
- On page filters and role changes for easy scrolling to prior time periods and viewing details for a specific group of employees.
- Cascading goals and real time visibility on check-ins for employees, managers, management and HR.
- Managers can add team goals for their direct and dotted line and view the achievements. Auto linkage of parent goal to child goal.
- Added capability to setup targets and associated labels for goals. As an example, a target of 100 New Customers can be setup for a goal where the goal is Increase in customers and target is 100 and label is New Customers.
- Ready to use informative dashboards in all modules. We have dashboards for goal achievements, appraisal status, leave history, attendance, timesheet, travel, expense, exits, salary and increments, spend – both at an employee level (where applicable) and manager / hr level.
- Significant improvements in reports. All reports are displayed in the correct category and easy to view the other reports.
- Calendar capabilities for setting appointments with employees and non-employees. Full integration with external calendar applications.
- Social feeds for higher employee engagement.
- View of skill inventory and allocation of training programs on gaps
- Integrated goal management with a much easier mechanism for managers where they can view their own goals and employee goals on 1 page.
- Added options to goalsheet to allow a non-workflow based goal setting mechanism. This will allow companies to setup a more flexible goal setting and achievement tracking process.
- Capability added to design the home page.
- Text configuration capabilities added for 360 report. Each section of the report can be enabled/disabled on an as required basis
- Linkage of goal sheet, appraisal, 360 feedback, compensation, variable pay, training, rewards, performance improvement plan, promotion, increments to application time periods
- Linkage of travel, expense, timesheet, attendance, leave, help desk, payroll, exit, loan, benefits to financial periods.
- Capability to create or view multiple goal sheets.
- Options added to goal configuration to allow control of the view of different dashboards.
- Fixed issues related to view of reward comments
- Fixed issue related to download goal-sheet.
- Breadcrumbs of all pages are corrected
- Manage goal sheet status link will be only visible when workflow based goal setting process is used
- Implemented capabilities to enable or disable widgets in the new design based on Roles, Groups and specific employees.
- Fixed issues related to capture of geo-location in attendance.
- Query optimizations on rewards module.
Technical and functional changes included in the Empxtrack build 6.45 releases.
Date: 29 Sep 2017
- Added a mechanism to download and upload forms in onboarding. This will allow an organization to save a PDF/word document with an onboarding form, the employee to download the same, fill in the fields and upload the saved document.
- Added capability to add many more fields to project allocation
- Added capabilities to add competencies based on employee fields in the competency form for appraisal. This will help in reducing the number of forms being used in performance appraisals.
- Capability to add a projects description that will be visible to employees.
- Resolved issue of visibility of employee custom fields on company directory.
- Credit visibility of disabled leave types has been resolved.
- Shift allocation on projects has been implemented.
- Page rendering improvements has been done for my profile,career profile page
- Separation of travel and expense configurations.
- Issue resolved on copy prior appraisal goals for next year goal setup.
- getAllLeaveRecords api method to get leave records on all the selected states.
- Issue fixes on salary structure while assigning employee on bucket heads.
- Resolved code issues in attendance for improving performance of displaying monthly employee attendance dashboard for one or more employees.
- Removal of usage of custom fields in the expense application. New fields have been added in the database to handle custom requirements.
Technical and functional changes included in the Empxtrack build 6.42-6.44 releases.
Date: 18 Sep 2017
- Home tab visibility has been changed. We are trying to incorporate a mobile look and completely remove tabs. The shortcuts for various pages such as leave, expense, My salary details and others have been changed as well.
- Appraisal dashboard has been implemented on team appraisal.
- Goalsheet dashboard has been implemented on team goal.
- Download/upload concept has been implemented for onboarding forms. Now you can attach a document with an on-boarding form. The candidate can download the document and upload the filled in document. This will be specially useful for onboarding forms that need specific formats, mandatory employee signatures etc.
- Performance appraisal competency form has a new option of allowing a mapping of competency attributes to employees (based on specific search criteria). As an example, all employees with specific department can have a specific competency set using this feature. You will not need to create multiple forms to handle these scenarios.
- Printable form of PIP has been implemented.
- Allocation of shifts based on projects has been implemented. This is a very significant change that will allow organizations to implement employee scheduling based on multiple criteria. A project configuration section added to enable this feature with a number of configuration options.
- Added an option to set calendar invite event in employee communication functionality. HR Manager while making an announcement on Employee Communication functionality (say a company party announcement) can setup a calendar invite. This will send an invite to all employees to whom the communication has been sent.
- Assign employees to project has been changed. Now its stores more information like %age utilization, hourly rate and many other fields.
- Added Project description field in the project. This can contain details on the project that may be made available to employees too.
- 360 Feedback and Surveys had a common rating for all attributes. This has been changed to allow individual ratings for attributes, if required.
- Multi workflow appraisal plans (such as PIP) have added support for different visibility right with respect to workflows.
- Significant improvements in page rendering and optimization in code for My profile, Career Profile and Edit profile pages.
- Custom fields visibility has been enabled in Company Directory.
- Issue resolved where HR (with full edit permissions) could not edit multiple employees via Multiple Employee Update.
- Disable leave types were visible while crediting leave manually. This issue has been resolved.
- Separation of configurations for Travel and Expense settings.
- Displaying job request in descending order of created on by default in manage applicant tracking page.
- Bug resolve on print appraisal form. Template name now its driven by form id.
- Handling custom workflow messages had bugs in specific cases. This has been fixed.
- Issue resolve on copy prior appraisal goals for next year goal setup.
- Issue on manager initiated 360 feedback resolved.
- Encrypted Links in notification emails had challenges in specific browsers. Added UTF-8 conversion to the encrypted links for browser compatibility. Impact: Encrypted links in emails sent prior to this release will not work any more.
Technical and functional changes included in the Empxtrack build 6.33-6.41 releases.
Date: 08 Aug 2017
- Changes to compensation planning and management module with capabilities added for allocation of budgets to managers.
- Capture of all employment related fields when an on-boarding is initiated by HR. This will allow the setup of the fields prior to the employee getting inducted into the company.
- Movement of offer letter salary structure to HRIS automatically when an offer is made in applicant tracking module and the employee is on-boarded.
- Options added in exit management page to display exit data by last date in company or resignation date. This property will be setup based on individual client requirements.
- Added the concept of tracking sheets in Goal Setting module. Goals can be marked as trackable and associated tracking can be associated with each goal. A tracking sheet can be created for a frequency (say monthly) that will contain all the goals associated with the tracking frequency. The employees can fill in their achievement and this will remain stored on the goal sheet and also imported into the performance appraisal.
- Attendance page allows a pop-up for leave application. This is allowing an integration between leave and attendance.
- Validations added for compensatory off leave type in the default product which includes no of days allowed, application date cannot be before the acquire date and locking of an acquired leave when a compensatory off has been applied (to prevent duplication)
- Dashboard on My Leave page has been mapped to the same dashboard as Manage Leave page.
- Added automatic mileage calculator in expense that will allow the automatic reimbursement to be calculated when an employee selects a mileage type.
- The goalsheet page for managers now display goal achievement charts. Clicking on the individual bars displays all goals related to the specific level of achievement. Further, added charts and graphs for each individual employee to allow the manager to identify the achievement for each employee on a single page. The user interface for goal setting and tracking has been completely revamped.
- For a dual workflow process such as performance improvement plan, added workflow based permission and visibility rules instead of global visibility rules. This will allow different edit and view rights while setting the performance targets and capturing achievements.
- Upgrade of JDBC Connector
- User interface improvements (mobile access enablement) for Employee advanced search page.
- Added a new filter in advanced search that displays all the global groups. This will allow the identification of all employees belonging to the specific group.
- Improvement in user interface for report attributes selection on the mobile mode.
- Improvements in the layout of the payslip design page.
- Improvements in the user interface of Add new employee page.
- Configuration settings added to Goal Sheet configuration to enable/disable the fields capture expected and actual completion date of goals.
- Default selection of current performance appraisal when more than one appraisal is available in a given time period.
- Addition of Edit and View controls on the My Career Profile page mapping to the functionality already available in the My Profile page.
- Fixes of some candidate selection issues in the search resume and short list candidates functionality.
- Major improvements in customization capabilities on the java script level. The customized functions will only need to be overridden for the specific customer instead of update to the entire JS file. This decreases maintenance issues and allows easier upgrades when new functionality is added.
- Added property display progress bar in goal sheet form of performance appraisal configuration that can allow the display or hiding of this property based on customer needs.
- Improvement in performance of attendance reports and leave reports by adding parameters to interim persistence table for attendance regularization and leave requests. This significantly decreases the loading time for the attendance and leave pages.
- Optimizations on the different fonts to allow caching and easier access. Helpful during low bandwidth situations.
- Added leave status field in getAllLeaveRecords API call.
- Fixed issues related to manage expense records in Employee Exit functionality.
- Candidate resume was not getting uploaded for certain file sizes and formats. Fixed the issue.
- PDF report being sent on email had some document format issues. Resolved these.
- The user interface for job description KRAs has been improved to match the user interface for goal sheet. The attributes set for the goal sheet are mapped to the attributes for KRAs in job descriptions.
- Fixes to View achievements report
- Performance improvements in saving of property files whenever these are changed because of setting changes. Only updates will be persisted to the database (instead of full files) and direct updates of cache for significant increase in performance.
- saveAndSubmit action added as a default action in the workflow creation.
- Succession planning and Training management URL and sandwich icon issues have been fixed. Encrypted URLs were creating issues on these pages.
- While updating other employee details, the correct HR manager was not getting selected. This issue has been resolved.
- Property added to the application to avoid display of charts – if required. Without charts, the data for the entire year will display automatically, instead of the data to be displayed for a specific month.
Technical and functional changes included in the Empxtrack build 6.30-6.32 release.
Date: 21 June 2017
- Added options to add multiple candidates in applicant tracking to allow mass recruitment (say open-house or college level recruitment).
- Added various options to letter templates viz. Marking template as inactive/active, download generated letter, filter of letters by template.
- Options to change template based letter while generating letters has been removed. This will be only possible from the letter master.
- Added options to initialize payroll constants based on financial year. This will allow easy incorporation of rule changes from the front-end.
- Upgrade of API to conform it to the standard API output standards. Added support for earlier API calls too
- Addition of 4 new methods in API viz getAllLeaveRecords, getAllTravelRecordsInDateRange, getAllExpenseRecordsInDateRange, getAllTimesheetRecordsInDateRange. Added a calendar option in the Test API Invocation mechanism.
- Changed to API URL generation based on new tomcat URL rules.
- Setup the mechanism for dynamic code injection in client request upgrades and implementations. This new mechanism will allow dynamic-code-injection without any impact to underlying business logic files for customer implementation and help in the rapid deployment.
- Added an option in HRIS employee basic details that will ignore email sending to the selected employees. This is typically required when the employees do not have a valid email id and/or the organization does not want to send an email to them through notifications.
- Removed all the edit options from the HRIS employee profile edit or add new employee functionality. On the desktop, mouse hover will allow the edit button to display. On the mobile, the tap option will display the edit button. This greatly improves the user experience in using empxtrack.
- Upgraded the manage exit dashboard to reflect exit trends in a monthly manner. This will allow a month-to-month analysis. Further, one can drill down and view the exit details for each month and the status for the same.
- Employee userName field added to reports. It was only accessible via employee profile.
- Improvements in user interface of organization chart.
- Fixes to issues in download of payslips (PDF format) in Google Chrome.
- Significant improvements in letter generation and email sending. All letter templates will now be stored in the database (instead of in xml files). Letters can be given options for both emails and/or letter generation functionality.
- Addition of functionality in 52-week goal sheet. Added options for managing state of goal sheets.
- Changes in code for executeCall and viewRecordForEdit method to support Filetransfer object used to upload and download files
- Payroll investment head issue not being visible in some specific cases has been resolved.
- Fixes to head count report. Accurate data will be displayed on different dashboards (main dashboard on home page, exit dashboard)
- Major code revamp with centralization of all DWR calls to one class. While this is an internal code level change, it helps implement centralization of all calls and increases security. All different methods and calls have been eliminated. This will also allow the invocation of different methods without the calls to respective java script files.
- User interface improvements to header section for all pages. Now only 3 lines will show up with an option to display the entire section (if required).
- Upgrade of application to work on Tomcat 8, Java 8. Upgrade of all the associated Jar files and libraries.
- Recruitment: Unable to download JD has been resolved.
- Issues in moving onboarding data from onboarding system to HRIS has been resolved.
- Issues while creation of time period in special cases has been resolved.
- Fixed issues in compensation functionality. Now in the budget mode, managers can be allocated split budgets.
Technical and functional changes included in the Empxtrack build 6.28-6.29 release.
Date: 28 Apr 2017
- Added upload functionality for Job Description goals. This will allow companies to quickly setup JDs.
- Added options to Job Description goals for the addition of tasks and measures.
- Monthly House Rent Allowance values can now be saved and updated in the investment declaration. This will allow employees to change their HRA values on a monthly basis and is helpful for the correct calculation of tax deductions.
- Added fields cost center and reservation category fields in HRIS.
- Navigation and UI fixes on the Job Portal application.
- Added visibility of restricted holidays on the employee view of holiday calendar.
- Added options in Attendance for different workflows for different groups of employees. This will allow senior management to regularize their attendance without any approvals.
- Updates to India Payroll to support taxation changes for 2017. Full list of changes will be available on a blog.
- Added functionality in HR Manager options that will allow HR Manager to make state changes to any workflow from a single screen. (Note: we are working on the leave application state changes since it has leave balance implications).
- Added the expense type tag for each expense item.
- Added options for auto-sending of emails to candidates, recruitment agencies when appropriate events happens in the applicant tracking system.
- Added features for increasing security on web-pages. Code review to remove any hidden field that may identify non logged-in users data.
- Incorporated code and system changes to map to ADP security and compliance requirements. Update of Tomcat to latest version (with associated changes to Jar files and java code). Update of apache setup.
- Hardening of all application servers to meet stringent penetration test requirements
- Changes to logging to prevent the saving of employee credentials during login (SSO, SAML, direct login)
- Improvements in application performance in context of many criteria.
- HRIS Fields, that are marked as visible to HR Manager, will be accessible in the API and reports automatically.
- Fixes to cookies when the login cookie was not getting updated when user changed their password.
- Added an option to optionally prevent the display of full employee data on pop-up view when we hover the mouse on the employee record. This is helpful in cases where a large employee population is seen on a page. Rendering of the page is delayed.
- Improvement in the hopscotch implementation with introduction of inter-page navigation in the Free Trial. Also enabled the same in the Free Trial.
- Rendering of employee fields through an iterator instead of hard-coding them on a page. This will allow us to set the order of the fields and custom fields can be put alongside fixed fields by the implementation teams. This has impacted View Personal Profile, Career Profile, Add new employee, Edit Employee, View Career Profile pages.
- Fixes to update multiple employee functionality. Specific fields were not getting updated.
- Changes in the creation of tenant from ADP. Added options for clearing test data, import of ADP data and automatic import of manager relationships as also import of active employees (instead of all employees).
- Fixes to timesheet when an error was displayed when an employee submitted a blank timesheet.
- Update to stylesheets in mobile mode. The sandwich menu icon was not showing correctly in multiple pages.
- Added Calibri font to the system – This font is being used by multiple customers in the design of payslips. Also added options for introduction of new fonts as an when required.
- URL with parameters (within the application) cannot have special characters such as carat, pipe etc as per the new tomcat specification. Fixed all areas where these strings were getting generated.
- Improvements in multiple functions of calc-engine. getEmployee can read an employee on various employee fields (such as user name, email, emp no), added function getCSVData to allow the reading of specific column of a CSV file. This will be used for mail-merge functionality for letters and emails.
- Fixes to group creation functionality. Error was showing up in specific cases.
- Pagination has been added in promotion and transfer page.
Technical and functional changes included in the Empxtrack build 6.26,6.27 release.
Date: 25 March 2017
- Restrictions added to paid time off to restrict a leave to be applied (or leave days) in a given period (time period, calendar year etc.)
- Leave has options for enable and disable. This will allow you to disable specific leave types for a given timeframe. Employees will not be able to apply for a disabled leave. Helpful during end of the year when new balances are getting uploaded.
- Updates to WFH (work from home) logic. Integration with attendance to show availability (rather than time off).
- Added options for different leave categories: Regular leave, Leave without pay, Work from home, Compensatory off, Restricted holiday.
- Employee salary structure addition or update is now workflow enabled.
- Improvements in user interface for leave from both employee and manager end.
- Added options for tasks and measures in goalsheet form in appraisal.
- Improvements in timesheet. Managers can create and setup timesheets for employees.
- Copy option added in timesheet. Employees or managers can copy time from an earlier period to the current period for an easy timesheet entry.
- Added options for capture of monthly HRA (house rent allowance) values. This will allow employees to enter variation in their monthly rental values. The system will automatically calculate the appropriate HRA deductions from the salary while calculation of taxes.
- Fixes to ADP WorkforceNow integration. Complete buy, subscription updates and changes, ADP SSO enabled, integration with both worker and credential api for data gets.
- Multiple security fixes in application. Removal of redundant classes, hidden fields
- Auto backup (audit trail) of appraisal ratings whenever a save happens to prevent an inadvertent loss of data.
- Enabling of specific field updates on Save / submit based on employee role in an appraisal
- Extensions added to workflow code and introduction of a new calc-engine function to allow extensions to be used in any template.
- Improvements in user interface of the menus with cleaner interface and standard sizing options.
- Fixes to manage ratings
- Enablement of custom workflow on 360 Feedback appraiser selection process.
- Fixes to applicant tracking module – candidate communication had some issues.
- Additions to custom workflows. Added options for messages (conditional and calc-engine code) and state change (direct or conditional calc-engine code)
- Fixed some issues in sorting and other calc-engine functions.
- Optimization to struts config file. Removal of all legacy entries.
- Data importer will store all the old data import values to maintain audit trail of all data uploaded in empxtrack. Earlier, the data was overwritten.
- Improvements in user interface on goal sheet form in appraisal.
- Uploading of Job Description goals has been improved and bugs removed from the same
Technical and functional changes included in the Empxtrack build 6.24,6.25 release.
Date: 09 February 2017
- Employee can view their past 360 feedback on the My performance page.
- Options for addition of customer logo and formula fields in payroll template using user interface.
- View achievement report for specific date range and selected employees has been implemented for managers roles. The report will allow managers to view employee achievements for a given date range.
- User interface improvements in printable goal sheet page.
- Added remember me functionality and this feature is enabled by default for all clients. The logoff button and the help page are now available next to the employee photograph thereby preventing a user from clicking Logoff.
- Improvements in leave dashboard page.
- Performance improvements in trial tenant creation by using direct linux insert commands on the database.
- Fixes to expense records. Total amount was not reflected correctly if the manager or hr made changes.
- ADP WorkflowNow integration enabled. Subscription, Credential API invocation, Worker API invocation and invocation of OpenId based SSO are all enabled for ADP marketplace purchase.
- Fixes to holiday calendar where different regions may have differently name holidays on the same date.
- Fixes to shift allocation.
- Fixes to view of job description by external candidates in applicant tracking module.
- Fixes to Empxtrack API methods to provide cleaner JSON. Fixes to some methods such as identifyEmployeeIds
- Saigun Support help desk will be able to login as the employee who has masquerade permissions.
- Employees using Saigun Support Desk will have to provide a reason for access to a client tenant. Also provided an audit trail for this.
- If there is no data for a given date on scheduled reports, a blank report was being dispatched. Now no report will be sent in this case.
- Significant improvements in the pop-up dialog box code and jquery classes. The new dialog boxes are more responsive, have a faster display time and accommodate to size requirements more easily.
- Read-only permissions for CEO and other roles were not displaying employee records. This has been fixed.
- User interface improvements for printable view of expense and travel records.
- Separation of trial and live databases. Now the Free trial will run on a separate server and database allowing higher capacity for live customers.
- Mechanism added for moving a trial account to a live account on the purchase.
- Added 2 filters in reports – next month and next month (ignore year)
- Fixed the issues with display of country and state in address report.
Technical and functional changes included in the Empxtrack build 6.23 release.
Date: 23 December 2016
- Improvements in leave dashboards. Monthly view added for easy display and analysis.
- Improvements in view attendance dashboards.
- Added options for next year goal sheet in performance appraisal. The goals added in this form will automatically populate in the current goals in next years appraisal. Added options in the goal setting configuration to allow this to work.
- Travel, Expense, Leave: Record sorting order has been implemented. The latest records show up on the top. Earlier the order was by employee names.
- Expense applications are completely integrated with travel and the two can be linked together. Further, when a travel has been linked to an expense request, the travel request cannot be used again for expense submissions.
- Display of yearly and monthly values in salary structure.
- Calculation of performance appraisal score was incorrect when weights of goals were disabled. If weights are disabled, each goal will have an equal weight automatically and appropriate scores will be calculated.
- Addition of Indian rupee symbol for payslips and other monetory reports. Changes to the Database to allow extended UTF-8 charset for this.
- Significant performance improvements in the creation of a new tenant.
- Improvements to user interface of company goalsheet page and smoothening
- Fixes to module display (and hide) for HR Managers when specific modules are setup in HR Manager groups. There were some conflicts in module allocation because of which the HR Managers could not view their entire allocation. This has been resolved.
- Fixed issues in multiple tables such that extended UTF-8 char set can be loaded correctly. This was leading to issues in data import.
- Improvements in benefits user interface
- Fixed issues in 360 Feedback reviewer page. The page did not refresh correctly when a time period changed.
- Fixed issues in payroll pay-slip view. Payslips were visible partially when salary was uploaded manually.
- Fixes to travel and expense module where total values were not being updated correctly post approvals.
- Display of leave status on attendance and timesheet dashboard was not happening correctly.
- Fixes to travel and expense configurations which were not saving correctly.
- Generation of excel files names was failing in reports when an invalid name was provided by customer. Appropriate name changes have been done during generation.
- Improvements in report generation and download with correct stylesheets for headers.
- Issues resolved in hourly leave encashment.
- Fixes to compensation module where some exception were showing up when a performance appraisal did not exist for employees.
- Corrected the display of user comments on various pages. In case user added HTML in their comments (by using the rich text editor), the display used to break up.
Technical and functional changes included in the Empxtrack build 6.22 release.
Date: 25 Nov 2016
- Major improvements in user interface for payroll processing. Added a single page interface that allows a very intuitive and easy to use view for both pre-processing and processing of payroll.
- Addition of editable goal sheet in the performance appraisal that can capture achievements throughout the year – both by employees and managers. Goals added in appraisal can further be linked to company goals.
- Achievements can be captured on goal sheets with an on-page view and edit. Employees can capture their achievements throughout the year.
- Options added to remove weights and pretty much any field on the goal sheet through configurations. The goal statement field has been changed to allow unlimited text and we can avoid the description field altogether.
- Added option for 3 mode performance appraisal plan. The 3 modes are: Rating only, Rating and achievement capture mode and achievement capture mode only. Also added rights for hr managers (and employees, managers) to optionally change the mode for the performance appraisal. This feature will allow the performance appraisal to be in achievement capture mode throughout the year and be converted to rating mode at the end of the year. Achievements can be captured for both goals and competency sections through configurations.
- Added a next-year goalsheet option in performance appraisal. The new performance appraisal, while initialization will copy the “next-year” goalsheet from the prior appraisal if this option is selected. Now we offer 4 modes for goal sheet setup in performance appraisal. Goals created within the performance appraisal, Goals from goal sheet, Goals from employees job description and Goals from prior appraisals “next-year” goal sheet.
- Performance appraisal goalsheet form has many new configuration options including the option to decide on attributes, selection of time periods, achievement capture.
- HR Managers will have the option to change the state of performance appraisal, goalsheet from the all employee view. They will not need to go to the Manage processes tab.
- Performance appraisal initiation was associated with the current time period automatically. The HR Manager (or whosoever initiates the appraisal) now has the specify the time period during the appraisal initiation.
- Manager has an option to add goals for all his team members at one time and also linking it to his personal goals or company goals. The option is available on the Manage/Goalsheet option and is available when the equivalent configuration options are checked. This option when enabled ignores the state of the goalsheet while adding the goal.
- Option added for ignoring workflows in Goalsheet module. We observed that workflows, when enabled, are fairly restrictive in editing permissions based on states and have added an option where workflows can be ignored completely. Goalsheets can be edited any time by the employee or manager when this choice is enabled.
- Display of the new currency symbol for Indian Rupee.
- Payroll configuration settings improvements with choices for company specific settings added to configurations. Also separated the employee payroll preferences to the hr manager tab.
- Closing of dialog box issues on mobile phones has been resolved. The dialog box did not close some times when the action was completed.
- Major improvements in user interface on appraisal and goal setting.
- Fixes to enrollment where timeout issues led to an error post enrollment.
- Improvements in User Interface on the home page. Now we are offering complete control to enable/disable the widgets through home page layout settings.
- Improvements in user interface of performance appraisal. The form tab now displays in a static mode to allow users to navigate more easily among the different appraisal forms.
- In payroll processing, only the active variable will be displayed in the adjustment options. Earlier all variables that were setup were displaying although they may have been marked inactive.
- Added custom workflows (non xml based workflows) for all objects in the default product. Also enabled an option in workflow to make it a global workflow such that it is accessible by all objects.
- Added checkboxes on all messages on home page for easier hiding of notifications.
- In scheduled reports, if there is no data, the system will not send an empty attachment. It now sends an email indicating that there are no records.
- Improvements in user interface of expense sheet.
- View attendance dashboard has been converted to a line chart instead of bar chart for improved visibility and analysis.
Technical and functional changes included in the Empxtrack build 6.20, 6.21 release.
Date: 21 Oct 2016
- Goalsheet in the employee career profile will not display the individual goals. Instead the profile displays all the goalsheets of an employee that can be individually viewed by clicking on them.
- Option added in user-created report to filter on set of employees or groups. This will allow you to intersect data in the custom reports in your desired manner.
- Allowed the application of restricted holiday on a weekend since weekends could be defined for a different group of employees and restricted holiday for a different group.
- Optional display of weekends on the holiday calendar by the introduction of a checkbox.
- Filters added to the exit module to allow filtration of employees by resignation date and last date in company. This will allow HR to manage the exit process more effectively.
- Goalsheet in performance appraisal now follows the same format as the goalsheet module.
- Deleted record (during workflow approval) now explicitly displays the deleted record icon. Earlier HR was not clear on what change was made.
- All date fields in reports have additional values now such as This week, Previous Week, This month, Previous month, This month (ignore year), Previous month (ignore year), This year, previous year, Current Financial Year, Current Time Period. This feature helps in scheduling reports that will automatically calculate the dates for the relevant period and extract the report.
- Added functionality to edit user created custom reports.
- Added functionality to custom workflows such that these can be applied to all object types. Introduced addition of global workflows.
- Updates to payroll with rework on variables for display in payslip design, addition of PAN#, PF# as confidential ids, addition of new variable gross earnings.
- In the appraisal multi-employee select mode, the attributes are now displayed in a sorted order.
- Improvement in mobile user interface and bug fixes the multi-employee mode appraisal.
- All uploads and downloads are now mapped to the HRIS field mapping. This ensures that the uploads and downloads conform to your data fields.
- Fixed issues in the custom workflows where the module applicability of a role was not checked. As an example an HR Manager was picked up in the custom workflow for leave when the HR Manager did not have the leave module permissions.
- Improvements in user interface of the career page.
- Removed the options of creation of travel requests and expense requests from the career profile page.
- Added a new calc engine primitive !isType(“number|decimal|string|array|date|AbstractObject”, object) to calc-engine. This will allow the parsing and checking of data while doing API integration.
- Optimizations in running of the filters. These were typically being run multiple times in the dashboard screens leading to performance bottlenecks.
- Fixes to opening of a goalsheet (by employee or manager) when the total weight was not 100. The system was giving an error earlier.
- Improvements in running of quartz scheduler and debugging its output.
- Improvements in user interface during workflow approvals of employee hris data changes. Some fields did not reflect as changed when submitted by employees.
- Improvements in user interface for disciplinary incident. Further, selection of employee on whom discipline is to be tracked can now be selected through a common search.
- Leave encashment display record issues resolved.
- Bug fixes on hobbies and language section of employee details.
- Improvements in User Interface for attendance configuration.
- Setup of groups had an issue where a space character was added when modules were setup for group assignment. This has been resolved and fixed.
- Improvements in user interface of the benefits module. Also improvements in the layout of the benefits enrolled by the employee and life event based changes.
- Validation added on Add weekend and Add holiday sections of Setup Holiday Calendar.
- UI improvements to Add Sub-category of Setup Ticket Help-desk Configuration
- UI improvements to Expense configuration in travel and expense module.
- Added functionality for setup of common group of properties through a common user interface that can be easily setup through properties.
- Fixed issues associated with attendance regularization when 2 requests were getting submitted for the same date (when the first one was rejected by the manager).
- Fixed issue related to date of birth field for an employee. If the field was disabled in HRIS, the edit of an employee was restricted.
Technical and functional changes included in the Empxtrack build 6.18, 6.19 release.
Date: 16 Sep 2016
- Significant improvements in user interface for free trial functionality.
- Completion of correction action / PIP modules.
- Archival of disciplinary incidents added to allow these to be hidden from view.
- Exit option added to Corrective action module that will directly link the 2 modules.
- Fixes to on-boarding module layout and user-interface. The functionality is much simpler to use and follows the standard button layout. Further during candidate on-boarding, Next form option added for easy navigation on mobile.
- Added functionality for identifying user location (geo-tagging) when they logon to empxtrack. This can be enabled as a property for specific tenants – on an as required basis.
- Manage requests page removed and instead added links View updates to personal data.
- Attendance regularization requests sub link added in view attendance page for managers to approved pending requests.
- Attendance dashboard will not display incomplete status for future dates. Will only show leave states.
- SSO integration with okta has been implemented and is available for all customers.
- Improvements in the sandwich menu button. The first item shows as a clickable link and other options if available will show in the drop down.
- Improvements in capture of goal achievements. Now a clickable box allows the pop-up to show up.
- Reward page has been improved with merging of links on a single page for easy access.
- All goalsheets display in the My Career and View Career Profile pages instead of just the current goal-sheet.
- Introduction of a new grey theme
- Security and access rights added to disciplinary incidents.
- Corrections in custom workflow creation. Breadcrumbs fixed, Step 5 (persistence capture) removed for workflows that do not require temporary serialization (such as goalsheet, performance appraisals),
- Corrections to attendance where it could not be updated when marking a day on holiday or weekend.
- On-boarding – fixed email id of sender (hr manager) who sent a request to the candidate for on-boarding.
- Corrective action – user interface fixes when single form view was used.
- Mobile mode – logoff button displays in the pop-up menu now instead of as a button on the logo bar.
- Rating options issue resolved if we selected only 2 rating options.
- Issue regarding visibility of weekend/holiday/leave count in manage employee timesheet has been fixed.
- User interface improvements in creation of travel and expense. Instead of 2-level pop-ups we now go to a new page and have a 1 level pop-up. Will assist in travel and expense creation on mobile mode.
- Message options added for custom workflow settings. Email messages can now contain custom subject lines. Significant improvements in custom workflow messaging.
- Improvements in user interface for performance appraisal when ratings are not available for attributes.
- In leave dashboard the compensatory off acquire was displaying as leave records. Has been fixed.
- Goals in dynamic goal form in performance appraisal were not saved in correct order. Now they will be saved as per order of creation.
- Improvements in user interface for interview/test capture
- Improvements in user interface for training management pages for employees and managers.
- Significant improvements in scheduler jobs to ensure no hanging job threads.
- Issue related to employee status changes during resignation capture has been fixed.
- Corrections in employee selection errors during rewards and recognition
- Improvements in user interface for View payroll reports functionality.
Technical and functional changes included in the Empxtrack build 6.17 release.
Date: 19 Aug 2016
- Options added to initiate goalsheet, 360 Feedback and appraisals by managers and other roles (including employee). You can setup different workflows for each role.
- Improvements in goal sheet achievements capture. Now the achievements show as a continuous flow (instead of in a pop-up report)
- Weekends were auto-setup for different groups of employees. This was proving to be a challenge for larger organizations where multiple rules existed on weekend setup – say half day for one group, working for another group and full day off for yet another. We have added a weekend generate functionality that will generate group wise weekends for the entire calendar year.
- Added option for holiday and weekend allocation in the Shift mapping UI. This will allow national holidays to be allocated to shift based employees.
- Improvements in the drag-and-drop functionality for shift allocation and mapping. Now shifts, holidays, weekends, shift patterns can be dropped on specific dates for all employees or a specific employee and automatic allocation will happen. The shift allocation can also go across month boundaries.
- Setup of Automatic shift mapping using shift patterns. One or more employees can be selected (as a part of the group), setup of start-day-of-shift-pattern, shift pattern, start date and end date. Based on the start-day-of-shift-pattern, automatic shift allocation will happen to the employees between start date and end date and the start-day-of-shift-pattern field will be updated appropriately.
- Data gap report for leave balance implemented. All employees who do not have a specific type of leave balance will show up.
- Competency title was limited to 25 characters. Restriction has been lifted and now 255 characters are allowed.
- Improvements in user interface of setup benefits page.
- Manage attendance was not displaying all leave records for employees. Issue has been resolved.
- Selection of one attribute for all employees was creating an issue when one of the attributes was not available for a selected employee. The entire attribute set (for all employees) was not showing up either. Both issues resolved.
- Issues associated with advanced search on payslip generation has been resolved.
- Comment helper UI improvements in performance appraisal both during capture of comments for competencies as also during manager inputs.
- Development plan form in appraisal to have configurable labels.
- Option added in appraisal configuration to (dis)allow creation of a new appraisal when an existing appraisal exists.
- Printable view of appraisal will start using the forms available in the plan. Earlier it was displaying all the forms available.
- Improvements in appraisal configuration page.
- shiftApplicable field added to employee master. If set to yes, the shift mapping, holiday and weekend for an employee will be picked from the shift allocation functionality.
- Google analytics event tracking disabled for improved page load performance.
- Property mappings added for empxtrack masters. This will allow the capture of extra fields in masters.
- Code optimizations in holiday calendar view
- Messaging fixes in custom workflow.
- Functionality added to convert any xml data object (as retrieved from an API integration) to JSON and AbstractObject format for consumption in empxtrack calc-engine.
Technical and functional changes included in the Empxtrack build 6.16 release.
Date: 26 July 2016
- Addition of Gap Reports to HRIS and other modules. Various data gap reports are now available to the HR manager where they can identify the absence of data. Absence of data can be identified for Photographs, Relationships (such as manager, reviewer), Current address, Permanent address, Emergency contact information, Education and certifications, dependent details, beneficiary information, all confidential ids setup by you(such as license, government id, experience, hobbies, languages known.
- Leave dashboard for managers has a scroll function. Managers can view leave trends for past years.
- Custom workflow enabled for many employee processes. Customers can build their own workflows. The processes for which this has been implemented includes: Employee exit, Goal setting, Appraisal, all employee data update sections, Leave, Travel, Expense, Attendance regularization,
- Improvements in employee shift allocation process. Options available for adding colors to shifts, drag-drop option for shift patterns improved, added a weekly off option and faster assignment of shifts with a common save option.
- Conversion of weekly shift allocation to monthly shift allocation. Further, if a pattern is dropped on a day such that shifts exceed the monthly boundary, the shifts will be automatically assigned in the next month.
- Printing of employee shift allocation enabled.
- Grouping allowed on shift allocation to allow users to group / filter employees and then allocate shifts.
- Automatic shift allocation process improved with merging of 2 different pages and simplifying the selection of employees.
- Copy option created for custom workflows to allow easier duplication of workflows.
- Migration of the application to Java 8 with updates to many internal components including Log4J (version 2), JQuery, Encryption and Decryption.
- Conversion of many java objects to properties for easier API access. This includes: Exit, Events, Employee details, Leave, Travel, Expense, Address information, Confidential IDs, document information, miscellaneous details.
- Mapping of all user controls and buttons in a workflow to a common methodology that can be invoked through user created workflows.
- Display of different employee fields (such as title, department etc.) on the top bar based on employee visibility permissions.
- Fixes to manage travel and manage expense pages where correct data was not visible.
- Improvements in user interface while setting up access rules permissions.
- Fixes to report data when a PDF report was generated by scheduler and sent on email.
- Issues resolved for travel leg regeneration during persistence.
- Movement of all messages to multi-language options.
- An exited HR Manager was still showing in workflows and has been resolved to the new HR Manager.
- Improvements in User interface on Appraisal Comments rating helper.
- Improvements in user interface for Recruitment agency portal.
- Travel time options in Travel module are now coming from the database. They were hard-coded earlier.
- Fixes to attendance status visibility issues on the cancellation of leave.
- Options added for displaying the name of the user who sent a message. So if an employee applies for leave, the system can optionally display the name of the employee as an alias. This setting is configurable.
- Added ADFS logon properties that will allow setup of ADFS by customers.
- Button navigation issues fixed for timesheet module.
Technical and functional changes included in the Empxtrack build 6.15 release.
Date: 24 June 2016
- Movement of all uploads to one common settings menu.
- Improvements in user interface for 360 Feedback submit page.
- Display of language specific workflow states. Now the workflow state will be displayed in the specific language of the user.
- Implementation of Rating comments Helper in Performance Appraisal. Users can specify comments in rating during the setup of the appraisal competency page. When enabled, this option will be visible to managers and above for filling in their ratings.
- If a pop-up blocker is enabled in the users browser, they could not view pop-up reports or advanced search pages. Functionality has been added to notify the user to disable the pop-up blocker for empxtrack application.
- Display of attendance raw data for periods beyond 1 month has been enabled.
- Improvements in the custom workflow creation with options for multiple messages, validations, notifications.
- Enablement of Leave, HRIS objects, Expense, Travel, Exit objects on properties for easy enabling of custom properties during implementation / customization.
- User interface improvements in employee advanced search options.
- User interface improvements in employee checklist pages in HRIS.
- Bug fixes in leave workflow when employee cancels and applies leave on the same date.
- User interface improvements in the Personal Details view page.
- Leave status update in attendance table was not happening on cancellation. Fixed.
- Improvements in user interface for loans and advances page.
- Selection of rich text comments option in performance appraisal ratings was not enabling correctly. Fixed
- Fixes to menu enablement for specific roles. Added administrator role.
- Fixes to upload of dependent data has been resolved.
Technical and functional changes included in the Empxtrack build 6.14 release.
Date: 07 June 2016
- Enabled functionality for employee status change from employee edit profile when the exit module has not been purchased.
- Improvements in attribute creation user interface in Performance appraisal module. The old interface did not map to the default method of attribute creation. Now the ratings will be mapped to the attribute during creation itself.
- Implementation of radar chart on the 360 report.
- External participant validations in 360 have been added. If an employee is marked as an external participant, a new user is not created in the system.
- The name of the sender of the email is added as an alias while sending an email from the system. Hence when an employee applies for a leave (or a manager approves), their name will show up in the from address.
- Improvements and bug fixes in variable compensation module.
- Improvements in display of tables in various modules for mobile compatibility.
- Improvements in user interface for page view of quick links tab.
- Improvements in leave application form and add new employee settings.
- Fixes to compensation and increment module for the calculation of the correct increments and mapping to the validation rules.
- Improvement in user interface of many forms in performance appraisal.
- Fixes to Single Sign on and support for many additional SSO options.
- User interface improvements to the benefits enrollment module.
- User interface improvements to 360 reports and their access by different stakeholders.
- Menu access control now enabled in the front-end. Customers can setup access rules for individual menu items based on roles, groups and individual employees.
- Fixes to life event changes in benefit enrollment and mapping to relevant plan rules implemented.
- Fixes to main menu. Now the overlapping menu items have been removed by allowing a larger menu.
- Dependent upload issues resolved when partial data was being provided for dependents.
Technical and functional changes included in the Empxtrack build 6.11 – 6.13 release.
Date: 20 May 2016
- Functionality added for HR Manager to send email to candidates while on-boarding them. Further, HR Managers can cancel on-boarding requests or move the request back to initiated state for further changes by the candidate.
- Added functionality in upload data (for all data types) that would prevent data updates for existing records.
- Option provided to send the existing or new password to an employee. New password would be generated on the basis of the password rules.
- Issues related to leave encashment workflow have been fixed and implemented.
- Implementation of complete succession planning module including survey, critical pipeline definition. Addition of on page help as well.
- Implementation of Variable pay module including upload / download functionality for employee KRAs. Addition of on page help as well.
- Implementation of Compensation planning module including generation of new salary structure, letter printing with the new salary structure for multiple employees.
- Added functionality to hide quick link bar for a wider screen view in desktop mode.
- Improvements in appraisal printable report with options for displaying partial employee data (instead of full data) and removal of redundant information.
- User Interface and functionality improvements in manager driven 360 feedback in appraisal module.
- User Interface and functionality improvements in payroll variable settings page.
- Fixed issues in FTP connection class for attendance uploader. If the file upload was broken (for whatever reason), the upload did not start again automatically. Further, provided a mechanism for secure FTP uploads.
- Flexi basket issue have been resolved where employees could not enter flexi basket variables if the salary structure was modified for flexi basket options post the allocation of salary structure to the employee.
- Radar chart rendering is now available on Chrome also.
- Moved the appraisal score calculation logic to templates. This will allow for very easy implementation changes for customers.
- Significant improvements in My team page.
- Mail attachment issue (where an attachment did not exist) has been fixed.
- Improvements in navigation of forms on Appraisal.
- Variable pay – copying of goals from the master plan to a time specific plan was not happening correctly. Fixed. Also now the uploads and downloads display additional attribute of type.
Technical and functional changes included in the Empxtrack build 6.8 – 6.10 release.
Date: 8 April 2016
- Employee and HR can view all changes (audit trail) to employee data.
- Improvement in attendance upload and processing both in performance and status changes. Also fixes to Attendance regularization when employees cross the day boundaries.
- Visibility right settings to all employee roles in performance appraisal. It was earlier limited to only those roles that were a part of the workflow.
- Significant improvements in user interface for Travel and expense, Paid time off, Help desk.
- Added printable options for current years investment declarations.
- Added the survey module in empxtrack and converted it to bootstrap.
- Leave records were not showing correctly in Attendance (for specific leave types when the leave request was rejected) has been corrected.
- Page filters for various pages were not initialized correctly. This has been fixed.
- Hierarchy chart user interface has been improved considerably.
- Performance appraisal page quick links were not selected automatically.
- Handling of extended UTF-8 has been implemented across the product.
- Quick links added to all pages where tabs were available. This enables mobile ready view.
- Significant improvements in Apply job page on the applicant tracking portal. Improvements in user interface for the entire applicant tracking functionality.
- All pages in the application converted to Mobile compatible pages.
- Multi-page view added to messages on the home page, company directory, applicant tracking and manage candidates
- Filters added to company directory page.
- Corrections in leave dashboard at manager end. The number of leave records was not showing correctly.
- Fixes for IE 10 and Chrome compatibility on some pages of the application.
- Added options for selection of multiple messages.
- Improvements in user interface of manager driven 360 feedback in performance appraisal.
- Employee goal sheet initiation issues resolved.
- Improvement in the user interface for Alert and Confirmation dialog boxes.
- Upgrade of CKEditor to the latest version.
- Corrections to shift assignment and re-assignment functionality.
Technical and functional changes included in the Empxtrack build 6.7 release.
Date: 17 February 2016
- Options to view employee hierarchy with multiple options: Employee (downwards), Login users manager (downwards), full organization view. Also linkage of company directory with employee hierarchy.
- The proxy approver for leave was set for each leave type. A new global property has been introduced that will allow all leave types to get a proxy manager at the same time.
- Added a new screen to allow HR Managers to mass regularize attendance of employees. This requirement came in from many customers post our removal of the same.
- Clear categorization of statuses on attendance with conflict situations clearly outlined such as a person have attendance and also on leave. Attendance report will give full details allowing payroll/attendance administrator to quickly resolve any issues related to the employee attendance.
- Added multi-page navigation for messages since in many cases there are 1000s of unread messages for employees. The home page loading time has improved significantly.
- Improvement in holiday calendar format.
- Scheduler management in servlet initialization improved. Helps in starting up the server faster after a shutdown.
- Fixes to style issues in overridden themes resolved.
- Improvements in attendance capture and regularization. There were issues when end-time was not entered or start time was overridden.
- Added external reviewer(non-employee) validations on 360 Feedback.
- Removal of travel, training icons from attendance when the modules have not been procured.
- Significant improvements in rendering of attendance reports.
- Redirection issues solved during the load of the login page. Currently client.empxtrack.com url did not take to the client login page by default.
- Improvements in User Interface for travel and expense.
- Chrome browser issues related to Leave module resolved.
- Goalsheet copy goal options was copying the achievements too (when the goals were being copied across time periods). This has been resolved.
- Special code added to handle errors during auto email dispatches.
- Removal of unnecessary script load calls.
- Resolved issue in clearing employee filter when the manager has only 1 role.
- Issues resolved in attendance when intervening holidays/weekends were present.
- Attendance status to be marked empty when an employee cancels a leave request has been implemented.
- Improvement in user interface for quick menus in the mobile mode. The menu will now come collapsed instead of opening at the top.
- Fixes to multi-language display. In specific cases, the UTF-8 code page was not getting selected automatically leading to a display of ISO character set.
- Improvement in user interface for Benefits management.
Technical and functional changes included in the Empxtrack build 6.6 release.
Date: 25 January 2016
- Significant improvements in the printable views for performance appraisals and goalsheets.
- Conversion of My team attendance dashboard to Bar charts for quick analysis and actions by managers. Quick views for employees on leave, incomplete attendance, non-availability.
- Customization options added for beneficiary fields.
- Addition of apply for leave for employee and managers (on behalf of employees) from the attendance dashboard.
- Visibility of holiday calendar on the attendance page.
- Significant improvements in attendance reports.
- Career profile to display leave history of employee for the past 12 months.
- Improvements in single page scrollable view of employee appraisal.
- My attendance widget has been implemented on the home page. Employees can enter their time on the home page without going to the My attendance page.
- Improvement in persistence for leave, travel, expenses allowing a quick retrieval (instead of converting the persisted record to data). Significant reduction in query time related to dashboards.
- Settings page converted to mobile friendly layout.
- Implementation of API methods getRelationship, setRelationship, getConfidentialIds and getDocument, getSalaryDetails, updateSalaryDetails.
- All records that support a document type will now display an additional field documentId during the API get call. A getDocument(documentId) API call will allow you to download the document as well. Full document integration is now available in empxtrack API.
- Additional security implementation in API invocation to allow only the authorized user data to be downloadable.
- Improvements in user interface for attendance regularization.
- Improvements in mobile view for My Salary Details page. Employees can now view their complete payslip on the mobile.
- Improvement in mobile view for exit pages.
- Improvements in user interface of goal sheet settings.
- Fixes to Secure FTP mode when it was invoked in the calc-engine.
- Major improvements and enhancements in scheduler to make it instance specific and invoke tenants for which the tomcat instance is supposed to work.
Technical and functional changes included in the Empxtrack build 6.5 release.
Date: 30 December 2015
- Improvements in printable view of goalsheet
- Improvements in printable view of appraisal
- New attendance dashboard added at manager level to quickly understand the pattern of leave, travel, incomplete attendance, regularization entries
- Clickable view on attendance dashboard to allow drill down by days with different status.
- Improvements in attendance reports and easy view of attendance entries for employees.
- Introduction of landing page in on-boarding that will allow customers to display a branded on-boarding page to the new joinees.
- Improvement in manager view of team availability for specific leave days when a subordinate has applied for leave.
- Revamp of the login page both in employee and on-boarding modes.
- Addition of parameters in serial values for faster reporting in non-approved leave, attendance, expense and travel workflows.
- Significant improvements in API interfacing and on-line help for each API method.
- Compensation management pages converted to mobile friendly responsive mode.
- Payroll pages converted to mobile friendly responsive mode.
- On-boarding forms converted to mobile friendly responsive mode.
- Corrections of issues in 360 Feedback form in performance appraisal
- Significant improvements in HRIS field configuration and Payroll field configurations. All roles show up in this to allow for granular access.
- Fixes to tooltip issues
Technical and functional changes included in the Empxtrack build 6.4 release.
Date: 12 December 2015
- Improvements in API calling, design of API exchange object with display of API URL and a cleaner test-bed. Implementation of the following methods identifyEmployeeIds, getEmployeeDetails, updateEmployeeDetails, getAllDependents, updateDependent, addDependent, getAllBeneficiaries, getCurrentAddress, updateCurrentAddress, getPermanentAddress, updatePermanentAddress, getEmergencyContact, updateEmergencyAddress, getAllQualifications, updateQualification, addQualification, getAllCertification, updateCertification, addCertification, getAllEmploymentHistory, updateEmploymentHistory, addEmploymentHistory.
- Improvements in candidate management User Interface (added mobile friendly features).
- Creation of unique forms when we create new forms in Appraisal, 360 feedback and On-boarding. This helps to avoid duplication and sharing issues when same form is used in multiple plans.
- Conversion of employee letter generation and view to mobile mode.
- Improvement in user interface for selection and setup of forms. Title setup has been moved to form configuration for Appraisal, 360 feedback and on-boarding.
- Improvements in goal-achievements capture user interface.
- Converting menu to buttons in cases where we have only 1 button on menu.
- Conversion of setup job description page to mobile format.
- Enabled field control tips for the mobile mode and in bootstrapped mode for quick access to field level help.
- Improvements in course management user interface.
- Improvement in User interface for HRIS masters.
- Improvement in User interface for group creation.
Technical and functional changes included in the Empxtrack build 6.3 release.
Date: 04 December 2015
- Inclusion of an employees manager in company directory as an additional variable. Currently company directory can display all enabled variables on employee basic details and employment information.
- Capability to hide the inbox message count through a setting available with the administrator.
- Inclusion of format field for all HRIS fields. You can specify format for each HRIS field that will force the format on the users making edits to the field. Formats could be set for fields such as phone number, social security number etc.
- Downloading of salary for a selected (or all employees) for a specific pay period with selection options enabled.
- Top level categories for expense and travel can be associated with global employee groups. An employee who is filling in a travel request or expense request will only view those categories that are applicable to them. This allows setup of expense and travel categories for different types of employees in the company.
- Sub-categories in expense and travel now have an option of a maximum value. This ensures automatic validations when a person feeds in a larger value.
- Option to mark a Project (in activity tracking/timesheet module) as auto-assignable to all employees. All employees would have a view of the said project even when it is not assigned to them explicitly.
- Improvements in user interface on custom workflow creation.
- Display of API field name for each HRIS field. Earlier the fields were based on titles of fields and this created issues in multi-language usage.
- Enabling of the HRIS configuration for basic details and employment related details when basic HRIS is purchased.
- Improvements in leave setting.
- Bug fixes and UI improvements in leave credit and download leave functionality.
- Improvements in travel and expense settings UI.
- Improvements in 360 Feedback settings UI.
- Fixes to the masquerade mode. When an administrator or HR Manager closes the browser when in masquerade mode, the system did not allow them to login again for some time.
- Improvements in user interface of course management, training management settings, skills and competencies management
- Improvements in user interface for recruitment settings.
Technical and functional changes included in the Empxtrack build 6.2 release.
Date: 20 November 2015
- Completely revamped product with major changes to user interface and fully responsive design.
- Revamped attendance(time tracking) module and integration with activity tracking(timesheet), shift management and allocation, travel, paid time off (leave), training and improved design and reporting at multiple levels.
- Improvements in candidate view of job portal and ease of integration with web-sites by using a very simple url and elimination of frames.
- Complete revamp in employee portal with a new and mobile friendly design to allow all approvals on the mobile.
- Options added to enable/disable callouts, feedback, help section, quick links, FAQs at the administrator level.
- Employee profile and career profile is now completely responsive. Employees can update their data on their mobile phones or any device.
- Movement of filters to the bread-crumb bar to conserve space and for quick access.
- Leave page will contain 1 year of leave details as a dashboard for both employee and manager modes. Also includes unapproved leave.
- Introduction of quick link pages for multiple modules to remove the usage of tabs.
- Addition of multiple fields on the employee database shift pattern(id of an existing shift), weekly off (0 – 6), start shift pattern (date) (for shift allocation), government id, alternate email id, social ids, mobile no, home no, office no, tax id, primary currency and timezone. These fields can be enabled on an as required bases and will be directly accessible in company directory and other areas where employee records are accessible.
- Employee wise timezone setting. Now employees can have their own timezone that overrides the tenant timezone. Attendance, timesheet and messaging will be based on the employees timezone.
- Employee messaging will use the employee language preferences. So if a system message is sent to an employee, the receipt will be in the language of the recipient.
- Holiday calendar enabled for employees.
- Revamped design of appraisal pages with quick links for easy access, better navigation and on page help options.
- Improvements in time period functionality and generation for trial setup. Significant improvements in the trial completion functionality.
- Revamped design of goal setting and 360 feedback pages.
- Company directory to support custom fields as well with inclusion of upto 10 fields.
- On page help added for settings of most modules to help administrators self manage the configurations.
- Fixes to upload and download salary fields. The fields available in the payslip are downloadable and uploadable.
- Option added in leave to allow applied leave to be deducted in the month of leave (rather than immediately). This allows for accurate Leave without pay calculations
- Complete revamp to implementation in bootstrap for responsive multi-device access compatibility.
- Fixes to employee filter – exclusion of employees not working in all cases.
- Fixes to mail messages for incorporation of custom subject lines.
- Separation of actionable and non-actionable messages for ease in filtering.
- Fixes to recruitment dashboard.
- Option to create multiple signatures in a single form.
- Fixes to tenant clearing when a new tenant is created.
- Inclusion of on-page callouts
- Implementation of responsive menu structure.
- Added options to export PDF, CSV and Excel on export report data option. Earlier only PDF export was allowed.
- Fixes to user data display when data was ` in HTML editors. Extra lines were added in the editor. Separated the text area and html editor capture modes.
- Fixes to the upload/download functionality for HRIS. Only the selected fields will download and upload. Further, automatic mapping of fields.
- Fixes to download salary structure format file. The functionality was downloading the existing salaries of all employees – leading to security gap.
- Fixes to the entire product in complete prevention of cross-site-scripting issues. Applies to all input variables, static fields, hidden variables, controls etc.
- Fixes to vlookup in calc-engine to allow non numeric values to be looked up in the first column.
- Fixes to timezone issues. Now the employee could have an override to the default tenant timezone.
Technical and functional changes included in the Empxtrack build 5.60 release.
Date: 14 July 2015
- Complete revamp of the career job portal and simplification in display of jobs. Significant improvements in user interface.
- Integration of jobs posting with Indeed and Monster API. Available to paid subscribers of monster only.
- Functionality added to filter jobs by various parameters such as location, experience, job function. This will allow different sections of customer career sites to display different jobs. Multi-location companies may display section headers such as location names where they exist and clicking on each one of them will display the jobs for that location.
- Payroll configuration allows a setting – Allow relationships between salary heads. This will allow multiple heads to be combined under one salary head and allow employees configuration of these heads as per the selected workflow.
- Capture of PAN Id of company in company settings page for payroll. This will be used in payroll reports such as Form 24Q.
- Fixes on team profile page to allow CEO and HOD to enter employee notes irrespective of the modules purchased. Notes (or manager diary) added as a default feature in the product.
- Validation added for goalsheet initializations if the employee authorized working set is invalid. i.e an error message will show up if an HR manager tries to initiate a goalsheet of an employee they are not authorized to access.
- Added an optional new tab for documents and quick links. The tab can be configured from the Portal configuration section. This will allow companies to add all the policy documents on one page and even allow sections.
- Functionality added in expense module to allow each expense a separate attachment. This will allow mobile based uploads for each expense item where employee can take a photo of their bill and attach it to the expense item.
- Functionality added to travel module to allow each travel item separate attachment. This will allow HR / travel desk to attach separate tickets for hotel bookings, travel tickets and also save paper (where printouts are not required).
- Fixed URL in payroll approval workflow.
- Fixes to role visibility issues.
- Improvements in mobile version of pricing page.
- Improvements in the rendering of menus and cleaner linkage with roles.
- Conversion of menus to properties to allow faster rendering and easier changes for customers.
- Fixed the validation of leave dates if leave overlaps with an existing leave record.
- Performance improvements in Applicant Tracking and Candidate view functionality.
- Implementation of custom workflow. Will allow users to create their own workflow through a customization workbench. Note: This functionality is not available for free trial users.
- Fixes of issue when an apostrophe was in the employee name.
- Fixes to empxtrack usage report. The date range functionality was not working correctly.
- Improvements and fixes in goalsheet configuration.
- External 360 users (non-employees) could view some internal empxtrack pages. This has been fixed.
- Fixed exit report.
- Fixes to recruitment side tab that did not open completely in specific cases.
- Fixed issues to salary structure sequencing that gets disturbed when the size of structure exceeds 20 salary heads.
- Fixes to performance appraisal read only view when comments were captured in text areas. The end of lines were not preserved leading to clumping of text. Now the end of lines are shown as HTML breaks making the comments much more readable.
- Help desk labels needed correction. Has been fixed.
- Adding new attributes to 360 form was missing. The functionality has been added.
- Validation checks on mandatory fields for applicant tracking has been added.
Technical and functional changes included in the Empxtrack build 5.59 release.
Date: 29 May 2015
- Goal achievement rating made configurable. Now customers can identify their own rating scale for goal achievements.
- Implementation of plan-wise on-boarding. Hence you can display a different set of forms for different kinds of employee onboarding that may happen when you are hiring across different countries or different kinds of employees.
- Improvements in user interface for the Travel & Expense modules.
- Integration of applicant tracking – candidate application with LinkedIn API
- Added functionality to add roles from user interface. Customers can now themselves setup roles (5 relationship based and 15 implied roles) and link these to HRIS fields, HR section view functionality and group functionality.
- Implementation of statutory updates for India payroll (Female exemption of PT, New investment limits and others).
- Improvements in user interface for HRIS Section visibility and update rules. This has been linked to the roles. User interface is more intuitive and easier to manage.
- Options added in Payroll configuration to allow salary structures to have master-dependent relationships. This will allow HR to setup salary structure with say 1 allowance and allow employees to configure their salary as per their specific needs. As an example, employees who stay in their own house need not use the House Rent Allowance variable but instead use it for some other tax deductible salary head (say telephone allowance – if required in their job).
- Quicklinks title can contain upto 255 characters.
- Addition of FTP download and upload function to allow download of attendance and project data from remote servers / applications. Required for attendance integration and project integration.
- Fixes to head count reports which was not accurately identifying the absconding cases.
- Corrections to the download file format and upload field matching on the basis of the dynamically set properties.
- Beta release of travel and expense on Mobile version of empxtrack.
- LDAP integration functionality moved to a generic level.
- Significant performance enhancements in calc-engine by improvements in the parsing and rendering processes and memory management. Page load time has decreased by about 70%.
- Improvement in performance of search functionality.
Technical and functional changes included in the Empxtrack build 5.57 & 5.58 release.
Date: 7 May 2015
- Task and measures in goalsheets have additional attributes – target completion date, actual completion date, completion comment and status. This will allow you to breakdown goals into more granular part allowing better planning and tracking.
- Onboarding will allows the selection of documents that are available in HRIS. During the movement of candidate from offered state to employee state, the documents will directly move over. Aadded capabilities of setting a document template and signature capture in the documents.
- Appraisal layout options (tabbed vs scroll view) added to plan settings. HR can enable the options and hence set the visibility view. Added responsiveness to the evaluation.
- Implementation of tagging in Feedback. This will allow multiple feedbacks to be run for an employee in a given time period.
- Significant improvements in usability and user interface of Applicant tracking – candidate management, job requisition management, interviews and tests. Addition of a menu item Tests and interviews in My profile section to allow easy access to interviews and tests assigned to an employee as also view of past interviews and tests.
- Setup of a configurable rating to capture the goal achievements. This was a fixed value not editable from the user interface.
- Multi-currency option added to expense sheet with configuration options added during expense setup.
- Check list concept added to masters. A check list can be setup during recruitment that will ensure that all check list items will move to the HRIS during the candidate to employee transformation. This will ensure that all the time bound items (such as reference check, document checking, past employer salary details, resource allocation etc.) are managed. Employees who will handle the responsibilities can be assigned and a workflow to track the status.
- Improvements in tile layout on My team page.
- Capability to change password and admin detail independently.
- Survey initiation message were not being sent on email. Resolved
- Added mechanism to check for existing feedback when a new one is initiated.
- Removal of external users (non-employees) while initiation of a new feedback.
- Improvements in functionality of filters. Visibility of selected employee name, clear button improvements.
- Tax advice visibility for prior financial years added.
- Added visibility of goal achievements at management level (CEO role)
- Pagination added to bradford formula.
- Removal of inactive employees in timesheet module
- Validation issues fixed when managers were initiating employee appraisals.
- Improvement in user interface while capturing in-application customer feedback.
- Improvements in user interface in pricing on mobile applications. Added responsive features.
- Fixes to skill data sheet when updating skills from job description.
- URL redirection handling during session timeout has been implemented.
- Option added for custom logout page – if required for specific tenant.
- Optimization in 360 feedback page rendering.
- Resolved problems in payroll calculation for new Financial year.
- Compensatory off calculations fixes when partial days were entered.
- Improvements in mobile user interface for leave and timesheet.
- Pagination concept added across multiple high volume pages such as candidates, manage requests, messages etc.
- Issues resolved in copy of declaration for prior year.
- Resolved issues of view of some internal employee fields on pages in training. Fixed issues in storage and display of place of birth.
- Improvement in user interface for manager notes when the note size is large. Also fixed the ordering issues.
- Encryption of candidate access URL for security.
- Improvements in user interface for candidate management with a single page view and edit option.
- Implementation of custom workflow messaging and validation. (Custom workflow is still in beta mode)
- Improvements in user interface in adding skills and competencies in employee career profile page.
- Addition of job code filter during in the test and interview section.
- Significant improvements in user interface and usability of Travel and expense.
- Fixes to masquerade functionality when a pop-up is open.
- Fixes to advanced search where the employee name search was failing in certain cases.
- Fixes to password setting security options not being set correctly.
Technical and functional changes included in the Empxtrack build 5.56 release.
Date: 3 April 2015
- Data improvements and synchronization (to admin settings) of Employee profile form in appraisal.
- Goalsheet constraint on 100% total weights on submission has been made optional (default value is 100% weight). This will allow employees to create goalsheet for smaller time periods (say quarter), capture achievements, and then open the goalsheeet in the subsequent time period and add goals for that. This will allow easier goal setting.
- Field level visibility added in Empxtrack. Now individual fields in HRIS can have visibility rights for Managers, Reviewers, Employee and any other roles. The fields are visible to HR always. The visibility is applicable in employee profile, employee career profile, employee pop-up display, appraisal details and reports.
- Implementation of Scroll view in Appraisal. All forms can be displayed on the same page instead of a multi-form display. This is typically useful when the appraisal plan is simple and has a few forms only.
- Display of all goalsheets for an employee that are in non-set aside state. Earlier, only the current sheet was showing up.
- Tasks and measures in goalsheets have the following additional attributes: Expected date of completion which is available when goalsheet is in edit mode and Actual date of completion, completion comments, completion status that are available when goalsheet is signed off. These can be optionally enabled and allow task level tracking.
- Resolution and optimizations in synchronization read of masters and caching.
- Managers-manager (reviewer) name was being set incorrectly. This has been fixed.
- Creation of time periods. If the start year and end year was the same, the system used to give error. Fixed.
- Configuration options added for logout, session time out and error pages for redirection. This is helpful when SSO / ADFS / LDAP integration is done with Empxtrack and the person is logged into the external system but cannot enter Empxtrack – say because of record not being available in Empxtrack and/or its being invalid.
- Identification of correct tenant during a purchase. Wrong tenant name was getting set sometimes.
- Integration of Mandrill templates with Empxtrack. Appropriate API linkages developed. The API can be invoked on completion of any activity.
- Fixes to prior investments download in payroll.
- Goal edit and achievement entry is now on pop-up with significant improvements in user interface in goalsheet display.
- Improvements in rich text editor (CKEditor) usage and functionality including setup of most used icons, removal of help messages, better paste from word/excel documents, color capture and retention functionality.
- Improvements in UI for signature capture.
- Setup of candidate questionnaire to separate tab during application process. Improvements in User interface.
- Improvements in external user (non-empxtrack user) login – added encryption settings for 360 feedback.
- Performance improvements in display candidate page and searching by many times.
- Fixes to multiple employee, single field update functionality. Some HRIS attributes were not showing up.
- Movement of the feedback button to the bottom right corner.
- Improvements in the rendering of tables. The display used to hang when the number of rows exceeded a count of 1000. Multi-page concept implemented with a per page display of 250 rows.
- Improvements in employee reading when messages are initialized.
- Improvements in user interface when ratings are selected to be of radio button or slider type.
- Optimizations in leave record display during the display of leave balances and leave records for employees. Significant improvements in sorting with an O(N2) to O(N) improvement.
- Fixes to attendance that were identified during capture of in-time in specific cases.
- Server redirection encrypted URL did not have correct timeout capture and could compromise security. This has been corrected with a 30 sec timeout.
- Synchronization of all empxtrack servers to Network Time Protocol such that all servers will be synched to each other.
- Message was not being sent during the initiation of Survey. Fixed.
- Validation added to check if a 360 feedback exists for a user before initiation of a new one
- Removal of external users from the 360 reviewees list box was not happening. Fixed.
Technical and functional changes included in the Empxtrack build 5.55 release.
Date: 26 February 2015
- Users (employees, managers and HR) can now provide feedback on any page in the product. This will help in product improvements and new suggestions capture.
- The first column in any table view will now be clickable with the first action on the menu list. This will reduce the number of clicks required for default actions.
- Completion of ADFS integration with setup of custom redirection pages.
- Improvements in reminder mechanism and notifications for 360 feedback
- Improvements in User Interface in marking an employee record deleted. Checkbox changed to secondary URL.
- Implementation of radar chart in 360 feedback report.
- Scheduling of report in PDF format added. The scheduled report will be dispatched in PDF format as per desired frequency.
- Addition of template based forms for collection of data from employees. Now HR can create a questionnaire in a word processor, copy the same to a personal document and optionally add a signature option. When the employees fills in the same, the details are stored on employee personal documents.
- User interface improvements when an external user logs to the system for a 360 review.
- Added feature to allow employee communication feature to send messages to managers, reviewers, head of departments of the selected employees.
- During job publishing, a recruiter can add a formatted questionnaire that a candidate has to fill in while applying for the job. This includes signature options. This can be used to shortlist candidates. When such a form is available, the candidate will have a 2 step application process.
- Integration with Mandrill API enabled.
- Improvements in employee career profile and mapping to appraisal form settings such that only selected elements show up in the appraisal.
- Image will now be stored in 2 modes – Thumbnail and regular size. Thumbnail size will be 154 x 53 and image will be resized and compressed to decrease bandwidth utilization. Thumbnail image will be generated on first get.
- Signature panel improvements.
- DWR requests are now being put into audit trail.
- Corrections in page numbering on PDF reports.
- Masquerade functionality support added in ADFS.
- Removed the case-senstivity from the username field.
- Options to redirect users to specific site address on log-off. Useful in ADFS/SSO based sign-out.
- Improvements in user interface of on-boarding setup
- 2 level drill down design implemented for settings page in Self Service and Performance Management. This will save clicks.
- Added JSON support to httpPost to allow entire java classes to be sent across during API invocations.
Technical and functional changes included in the Empxtrack build 5.54 release.
Date: 30 January 2015
- Implementation of user-level dashboard customizations. Each user could configure the dashboards (which charts to show and in what order) for themselves.
- Archive candidate functionality added in applicant tracking. Archived candidate resumes will not be visible during searches.
- Candidate create date and jobs applied for now show up in the View candidate list in Applicant tracking.
- Dashboard added in manager services tab
- Recruitment dashboard visibility added for CEO role
- Capability to add a document to a confidential ID that can be downloaded by a user. They can fill in the document and upload it back such that it can be stored in the database.
- Support added for capture and use of e-signature. An employee could create/upload a signature and then paste it on a document. This feature has been enabled for on-boarding.
- Capability added to generate new on-boarding forms that can support new-employee signatures and can be directly imported from word documents.
- Capability added to configure custom logo sizes in the logo bar area of product. This will help maintain the customer logo in the correct sizing.
- Improvements and consolidation of filters in dashboards.
- Improvements in user interface on links for filters.
- Confirmation message positioning improvements.
- Fixes to attendance upload process when multiple entries exist for the same day.
- Fixes to employee selection filter in Travel and expenses module.
- Fixes to closure of multiple messages
- Integration of Empxtrack login with ADFS (Active directory Federation Services)
- Fixed issues with document download in News and events section.
- Description field from confidential ID did not show up in on-boarding. This has been fixed.
- Support of formatted text in email messages.
- Support for ordering of confidential IDs on onboarding forms.
- Fixes to appraisal score calculation logic that was seen when a specific order of forms was used.
- Added Math functions such as square root, log, sin, cos, tan, power functions in the calc engine.
- Fixes in leave reimbursement baseline calculations that are configurable for each customer.
Technical and functional changes included in the Empxtrack build 5.52, 5.53 release.
Date: 9 January 2015
- Manager can view goalsheets for multiple employees simultaneously. Employee selection and view option added on Manage goalsheet view
- Training to allow multiple workflows
- Resume parser functionality added to Applicant Tracking module.
- Addition of Recruitment dashboard with various graphs that include recruiter performance, Job Requisition, Job Requisition Status,Resume Source.
- Administrator can view the status of all scheduler based jobs and their outcomes
- Options added to add non employee based users in 360 feedback module. Now an employee / manager / HR can invite non-organization people to conduct a 360 review on an employee.
- Addition of job requisition plan (manpower budgeting) in the recruitment module.
- Addition of succession planning module (beta mode)
- Addition of leave dashboard in Manage leave section with Bradford factor, number of days of leave and occurrences.
- Implementation of multiple currencies in Expense module with front-end configuration capabilities added
- Implementation of multiple currency advance in travel module.
- Addition of leave taken graph in Career profile page
- Integration of rchilli resume parser with Empxtrack
- Payment finalization issues resolved
- Payroll statutory reports – CSV generation issues resolved
- Improvement in goalsheet form in Employee evaluation(appraisal based goalsheet)
- Qualification update and dependent update issues resolved when special characters were entered.
- Issues in saving of Applicant Tracking — agency detail resolved.
- Options added to eliminate sending of bad emails to avoid bounces.
- Issues related to download/upload of monthly data for exited employees has been resolved for payroll.
- HR Manager employee visibility access when payroll and loan module were assigned to the HR manager resolved.
- Options to redirect users to specific inner page when they login to Empxtrack from an email message.
- Implementation of a new login page that is completely responsive.
- Fixed issues related to update of employee data when some specific fields are disabled.
- Leave encashment during exit issue when decimal value was entered has been resolved.
- Duplicate candidate check in applicant tracking has been moved to template to allow different candidate duplicacy checks to be implemented based on customer requirements.
- Improved all the bread crumbs and standardized the tip and bread crumb values.
- Capture of referral source by candidate during resume addition (by candidate) was not happening correctly. Fixed.
- HR Manager could not mark an employee resigned when exited.
- Fixed data issues for performance potential dashboard.
- Leave, attendance, applicant tracking and on-boarding code optimizations and removal of duplicate code
- Fixes in auto-generation of timeperiod in Timesheet application.
- Fixes to disbursement and repayment issues when we disburse the loan amount in more than one transaction.
- Added filters for travel and expense page
- Improvement in filter buttons. These now appear as URLs and show highlighting.
- Bug fixed on attendance regularization on submit back to employee mode.
- Bug fixed on manage leave. Visibility issue if employee attendance is not present for the next month.
- Improvement in goalsheet code with number of optimizations.
- Career profile: reward data was not showing correctly in case US date format was used.
- Issue related to inadvertent dob update when personal data is updated has been fixed.
- Improvements in user interface for My profile, edit profile and career profile pages.
Go to Previous release notes
Technical and functional changes included in the Empxtrack build 5.51 release.
Date: 29 November 2014
- Addition of agency/consultant portal. A customer using the applicant tracking portal can share the job with an agency and they can add the resumes for the job.
- Added an exclude employee feature in group. This will help in excluding specific employees from access by HR managers and is useful if you don’t want management data access (say payroll or benefits) by all HR Managers.
- Improvements in appraisal module. Customers can setup a rating with rating only, comment only or both rating and comment option. This allows for capture of comments where required.
- Multi-language support added to appraisal and 360 attributes. Now the same appraisal plan can contain attributes in different languages – as specified by users.
- Exited employees did not show up in processed / calculated payroll earlier and this created issues in reporting and analytics. This has been fixed. Now all employees whose payrolls are calculated, submitted for approval, approved, finalized or disbursed will show up in the payroll irrespective of their status.
- Added an option for customized dates in My leave records. This way employees can view their records for next year as well.
- Added configuration option for leave that will allow customer to setup hourly leave for leave records.
- Options to allow global settings for appraisal form save instead of setting this for each form.
- Internal job posting enabled. Jobs which have the Internal job posting flag will be visible to employees as well.
- Cancel workflow implemented for Compensatory off leave.
- Linkage between appraisal, goalsheet, 360 modules and the employee communication link. HR Manager can select employees (with relevant status) and send them a reminder message directly through the portal. Earlier they had to explicitly enter the employee names on the employee communication functionality.
- Manager name included in appraisal reports.
- Filters setup for appraisals and 360 feedback. The filters will help in easily differentiation between different appraisals for the same plan.
- Option added to publish and cancel published letter as also print multiple published letters in one go.
- Training management allows the employees and managers to suggest new training courses that will be added to the database post approval of HR. Since training courses could be added only by HR managers earlier, this functionality will help HR to collect information on courses more easily.
- Implementation for multiple pay period types (weekly, bi-monthly) added to payroll and pay periods can be generated for each. One company could have multiple types of payroll run based on this functionality.
- All messages are completely encrypted. Empxtrack will not show any kind of IDs in messages or URLs making it completely secure and encrypted.
- Fixes to Stripe – update card functionality
- Insertion of attributes for promotion recommendation form.
- Fixes in statutory reports
- Added attributes for HTML mobile view to the application. This is getting ready for beta release by the next build and will be selectively enabled for customers.
- Recruitment configuration tabs will show up on single button instead of tab since this was flowing into multiple lines.
- Bug fixes in attendance page where manager could not apply for leave.
- Bug fixes in timesheet timeperiod generation where timeperiods were automatically generated for the default time period instead of the selected timeperiod.
- Custom report issues related to generation of PDF have been fixed.
- Implementation of scroll bar for candidate questionnaire during application process. When the number of questions was large, the candidates were finding it very difficult to fill in the answers.
- Bug fixes in audit trail on scheduler invoked jobs (such as leave credit and lapse)
- First time monthly processing of payroll sheet was not working correctly. Has been fixed.
- Payroll processing rule engine divided into 9 distinct templates to allow changes to specific templates only (during customization) and not the entire payroll engine.
Technical and functional changes included in the Empxtrack build 5.50 release.
Date: 13 November 2014
- Improvements in display of on-boarding forms and a more standardized and usability oriented user interface.
- I-9 Form has been divided into section 1 and section 2 as per the applicable standards and upload options provided in On-boarding such that I-9 can be directly moved to the database
- Fields visibility rules and validations of on-boarding forms(Address,qualification,dependents,confidential Ids,Experience) linked to HRIS fields configuration. Fields visibility rules removed from onboarding configuration of corresponding forms.
- Employee custom fields in to three sections (employee basic details, employment details and other details) and “add new custom field” option has been removed. This is consistent with the option of all other custom fields.
- Custom fields visibility for Address, qualification, dependents, confidential Ids, Experience has been implemented in reports. Now we have two reports for qualification (qualification details and certification details) and three reports for address(current address details, permanent address details, Emergency contact details).
- Training calendar Reschedule/Cancellation implemented.
- Payroll data reports now working on all employees who were disbursed a payroll. It was ignoring exited employees.
- Competencies form in appraisal will allow options for rating and comments for each competency. The default option picks the choice for the rating assigned to the competency form.
- Competency form will group competencies by Group name. This will allow the competency form to display a header for groups such as Leadership competencies, Behavioral competencies and so on. Ref property: view.attributeCategoryGrouping.InCompetencyForm=no|yes
- Goal sheet form will also allow groping by categories. Ref property: view.kraCategoryGrouping.InGoalSheetForm=no|yes
- Deletion of records allowed for HRIS records through an audit trail mechanism. An employee (or HR) can mark the record inactive and execute the workflow to allow deletion. This has been enabled for the following: Address, Confidential IDs, Qualifications, Certifications, Job history, Paper & publications
- Clean up on mark-exit process. If a customer does not have the Exit module, exit (and current) can be marked by HR from the Edit employee records section. If exit module is purchased, the exit will follow the workflow setup during configuration and rejoin will allow the employee to be marked current.
- Subject line of messages made configurable and module specific messages show up. The implementation is still a WIP.
- Fixes to handle the errors when on-boarding descriptions were getting lost.
- Fixes to job responsiblity masters to show up in the master setup page
- Synchronized on-boarding URL with the server URL
- Fixes to recruitment tab visibility for HOD.
- Fixes to email setting when user select the option I want to use Empxtrack as Sender.
- Bug fixes in activity calendar.
a) This week filter for inter month records.
b) Week and month days not calculated properly.
c) Event on last day of month was not captured.
- ESIC report page error fixed.
- Updating employee no was not working. Resolved
- Bug in setup menu access, non visible tabs for a particular role also being shown in page to manage the visibility.
- Login user password will not be stored on the object any longer. Security fix
- Duplicate day of leave applied issue resolved when leave is already applied from attendance regularization
- Added header and footer for PDF reports when data is downloaded in PDF format. Page numbering being displayed too.
- Appraisal tag issue on new enrollments has been fixed.
- Caching in messages for higher performance.
- Improvements in dao base class for allowing/disallowing update of null values to the tables.
Technical and functional changes included in the Empxtrack build 5.48 release.
Date: 29 October 2014
- Tagging introduced in appraisal while initiating an appraisal. This will help in separating different date based appraisals from each other.
- Moved manpower planning to a separate module
- In self appraisal form given an option to edit comment in plain/rich text mode.
- Reordering of forms based on the appraisal plan
- Copy of an exiting feedback plan option has been added.
- Payroll : Display of TDS advice to exited employees
- HRIS : Configuration options added for HRIS sections of Address, Qualification, Certifications, Dependents.
- HRIS: Added options for visibility of HRIS fields with respect to user based groups
- Clearing of company directory from cache when an exit, new joining or employee data update happens
- Capture of additional fields in new employee addition in HRIS (mother name, father name, marital status). These were only available when the record had been added.
- Fixes in validation rules when a leave could be applied from both attendance and leave record at the same time.
- Updates to training management module based on client feedback. New workflows, reports, screen changes.
- Default permission set (visibility, edit) for miscellaneous records set to HR Manager. HR Manager can setup different kinds of records for employees based on their specific organization needs.
- Encryption applied on plain url text to hide all ids that were showing up.
- Company directory data storage moved from session to cache for optimization
- Improvements in running java classes from calc engine by support of multiple creation mechanisms.
- Support help desk has been introduced for technical support team.
- Fixes to organization chart module when SBU was selected as a unit type.
- Updates to appraisal header template where redundant elements don’t show up any more.
- Issues in upload/download fixed that were showing up in legacy application.
- Improvements in dynamic redirection based on the login users tenant for dynamic load balancing
- Attendance issue fixes (that were reported by clients)
- Field visibility rules in HRIS are now based on a common template for code optimization and centralization.
- Quick links and news events will now provide scrolling options in case the number of links increases.
Technical and functional changes included in the Empxtrack build 5.47 release.
Date: 10 October 2014
- In leave validation, if leave was applied through attendance, there were validation errors that have been addressed.
- Mail settings can now be done from front end. This will allow users to enable / disable email as also setup custom headers, subject line and footers.
- Automatic server redirection added to the product to allow tomcat stickiness. Now, based on the users company, the user will be redirected to a predefined URL. This allows us to isolate problems in specific tenants.
- Fixes in Professional Tax calculations during payroll processing.
- Upgrade of product to map to Struts 1.3 and associated upgrade of all the libraries and dependencies.
- Fixes in auto-save for Appraisal and 360 module. This will remove the redundant auto-save calls that were being seen.
- On-boarding properties were not being mapped correctly to the HRIS (especially custom fields). This has been corrected.
Technical and functional changes included in the Empxtrack build 5.46 release.
Date: 26 September 2014
- An option to print employee goal sheet by employees and their managers is added.
- An option to calculate payment outside the payroll amount with respect to actual and declared investments declarations is added.
- An option to capture employee Miscellaneous information is added. A new section “Miscellaneous information details” is now visible to HR manager in view edit employee profile.
- The introduction of proxy manager in leave approval workflow is added. When a proxy manager relationship is enabled for a leave type then managers can specify the name of the proxy manager who would be responsible to approve leave of the subordinates in managers’ absence.
- Following new reports added to training module:
- Training completion detail
- Training nomination and allocation
- Training feedback details.
- The Organization chart functionality link is moved from Settings >> Employee management to HR Manager Services page.
- A property is added to provide an option to construct manpower org structure on the basis of unit/job position.
- Security is added on URLs. The URLs now display values in encrypted text instead of plain text.
- An option to apply duplicate validation on employees custom fields is added.
- The save report bug fixed for column order change on saving reports.
- Fixes in Employee wise Monthly Report to display complete data range.
Technical and functional changes included in the Empxtrack build 5.43 release.
Date: 5 September 2014
- An option to search employees by their date of joining is added to the advanced search functionality.
- An option to capture multiple sub-companies information under a company can now be captured on Company setting for payroll page. This information would allow various statutory reports to be generated for multiple sub companies for a company.
- An option to store more information about the confidential IDs, while adding the confidential id to the system is added.
- A fully configurable questionnaire form is added to the recruitment module. The questionnaire form, if enabled would be available on the candidate portal for the candidates to fill, while they apply for a job. This would help HR Managers to shortlist candidates more easily.
- Capability to integrate payroll module with external payroll system is added. Now the externally processed payroll can be displayed in Empxtrack. Further monthly sheet processing can be enabled with purchase of payroll module to allow it to become input for external payroll providers.
- A setting to show/hide the Encash button to employees for an encashable leave type is added. If a leave type is made encashable then Encash button would be made visible to employees in My leave section for that leave type.
- The Job description gap analysis functionality is added. The functionality allows viewing the employees for a JD and then find out the gap in the skills of employees with respect to that JD.
- A functionality to add a check list for each employee is added. The HR manager can create a check list for employees, which can be sent to the authorised persons of different departments for the allotment of various things to the employee, such as I-card, computer, laptop etc.
- Employee Skill Sheet functionality added. Employees/managers can add the skills on career profile page through approval workflow after the skill sheet functionality is enabled through Employee data view and update rules page.
- A new appraisal form called Skill sheet is added to the appraisal module. The form allows employee/manager to add and/update skills and skills ratings.
- Year wise tax slab management of TDS and Professional tax (PT ) is implemented in payroll module. Earlier, the TDS advise and PT were calculated on the basis of current year tax slab, even for the previous years.
- The gratuity amount calculation at the time of F&F calculation for an employee using a template is implemented. The calculation would be based on the standard formula for the calculation of gratuity.
- Bug fixes in exit module for investment declaration proof submissions.
- The F&F clearance form will now show the last working day of the exiting employee.
- Changes made to generate position based hierarchy in organizational chart.
- Bug fixes in training module for the:
- Message sent to the concerned HR manager for the initiation of self-nomination process for an employee in case multiple HRs exist.
- Addition of new training programs by HR after the self-nomination approval of an employee.
- Disallow employees to submit the nomination for the same course twice for the same time period.
- Validation of maximum participants in a training program.
- Rescheduling of training calendar.
Technical and functional changes included in the Empxtrack build 5.42 release.
Date: 19 August 2014
- Advanced search functionality is improved with options to carry out exact search on fields such as employee number and employee name.
- An option to view employee printable appraisal from employee side is added.
- An option to mark an exited employee as current employee is added for HR managers. This is especially useful for clients who have not purchased the EXIT module.
- An option to edit and delete notes by users is added.
- A functionality for employee configurable salary structure is introduced. This functionality allows HR Manager to set dependent heads for a salary variable, which may be modified by the employees also through the approval process. The employees in such a case will see their salary structure in My salary details tab with all variables and dependent variable and have the option to edit the dependent variable according to their needs. This is especially useful for tax saving.
- Properties added to set the search pattern options to allow exact search on fields such as employee number and employee name are added.
- Fixes done to goalsheet module to show only the non-archived goalsheet for employees on My performance page for a given time period. Also, when a goalsheet is initiated only existing goalsheets in the selected timeperiod will be archived now. Earlier multiple goalsheets were showing up for a given timeperiod and any one of the goalsheet (archived or non-archived) was being displayed randomly.
- Changes to My Approvers on employee portal page to display/ hide approver(s) and to show some specific text to the employees.
Technical and functional changes included in the Empxtrack build 5.41 release.
Date: 4 August 2014
- Time period and data table filters are added to the manage processes page of appraisal, goalsheet, and tracking sheet.
- A download option is added to configurable Saved reports in Reports >> My custom reports section.
- Rejoin functionality is added to the Full and Final functionality of Employee Exit module.
- Employee hierarchy is visually improved to show employee images and information.
- Improvements in organization chart where the structure is now being displayed like a tree. Options to traverse the tree, setup multiple job positions per unit, assign employees, budgets and vacant positions are added.
- An option to add comments in plain or rich text format is added to competency and goal sheet forms in Appraisal module.
- A property to update employee relationships at any stage of employee appraisal is added. The relationships were frozen in an appraisal post initiation. It led to problems if the manager exited or a relationship changed. This has been fixed and it can now be configured when the appraisal relationships will be finalized. Note, this can happen even at sign-off or acceptance stages although default is still initiation stage.
- A property to configure languages known to employees is added.
- The Setup monthly sheet process is merged with Run payroll process. The Back to run payroll button and upload / download monthly sheet data button are now available in Not calculated mode.
- Fixes done to show only the valid state employees as managers. Earlier, the employees could apply to the manager, who were marked exited from the system.
Technical and functional changes included in the Empxtrack build 5.40 release.
Date: 22 July 2014
- Graphical representation of Dashboard reports. The Dashboard reports can now also be seen as graphs.
- A functionality to allow Manager/HR manager to create a Loan request for their subordinates is added.
- The managers can capture notes for their subordinates and can control the visibility of the notes. Various categories for different notes types can be managed through masters.
- Fixes made to potential graph. The potential graph is fixed to show both the x axis and y axis values in increasing order with the lowest value indicated in the bottom left corner. Earlier the x axis values were in increasing order and y axis values were in decreasing order.
- The Loans and advances user interface changed with added functionality of role span changes.
Technical and functional changes included in the Empxtrack build 5.39 release.
Date: 11 July 2014
- Release of Training module.
- A new appraisal form called TNI (Training need identification) is added to the Appraisal module.
- Each dynamic reports and custom report will now show [Generated by <name of person> at dd/MM/yyyy hh:mm] line at the bottom.
- Fixed date formatted values of payroll report corrected in tenant format and excel download.
- Send reminder functionality for payroll run is now working.
- Employee based reminder functionality is added to Manage >> HR manager services >> Manage reminder.
- Employee hierarchy is visually improved.
- Default browser spell check is enabled in CK Editor.
- Fixes made in Attendance module to improve performance while processing attendance data.
- A workflow method is enhanced to allow submitting of an attached file without saving it first.
- Fixes made in Loan and Advances module to improve performance while viewing loan request of team members by HR manager.
- The Update employee data for multiple employees link is moved from Employee record settings page to HR Manager Services page.
- The Upload job descriptions goals link is moved from Employee record settings page to Setup Masters >> Setup Job description page.
Technical and functional changes included in the Empxtrack build 5.38 release.
Date: 26 June 2014
- New messages show up in bold style in Activities list >> Received tab of a user to show unread messages. On clicking View button, the message will be marked read (non-bold). The message can be marked as new again on clicking Mark new button.
- An option is provided in the Appraisal plan setting on the Competency form to create JD based competency attributes in the Appraisal module.
- Custom reports created for clients can be downloaded in CSV, PDF, and MS Excel formats.
- Fixes done to Payroll module to identify the valid salary structure for employees to process their payroll.
- Fixes made in Payroll module to show Gratuity variable as a salary variable.
- Addition of a function to mark messages read.
- Addition of a method to support report generation in browser, CSV, PDF, and MS Excel file formats.
- Changes made to top menu to improve the visibility in mobile and tab devices. The auto URL movement is removed from the top menus to avoid landing on specific page. The View Help and Explore menus are excluded from this change. Now a menu would open up on clicking top menu on mobile devices. The desired options can be selected from the menu that appears to move to specific pages.
- CK Editor upgraded to the latest version.
- Fixes made to correct the special character occurrence in CK Editor on pressing Enter key.
Technical and functional changes included in the Empxtrack build 5.37 release.
Date: 12 June 2014
- The extra payroll preferences variables can now be added to the payroll module, as per client requirements.
- The cyclic employee relationships can be created for employees for 360 feedback. An employee can now be a reviewer for another employee and also input the other employees’ feedback. This cyclic relationship was earlier disallowed in Empxtrack.
- Integration of messaging with calendar applications. Feature available in outlook and other email clients where calendar is supported.
- The functionality to import job description goals in appraisal forms is added to the Appraisal module.
- The functionality to update employee data for multiple employees is added to the system.
- Activity window will now allow multiple messages to be hidden in one go. This is especially useful for HR Managers who get lots of notifications and need to clear the messages.
- Addition of property that allows/disallows module wise cyclic relationships.
- Spell checking options have been enabled in rich text editor available in Empxtrack with both checking as you type and pop-up spell checker.
- The employee payslip and form 16 can now be downloaded in PDF and zip formats.
- The following links are moved from Payroll settings page to Manage payroll page. This would allow HR Managers to manage the processes and Settings will remain with a restricted set of employees only (typically Administrators):
- Setup salary structures
- Initiate investment declarations
- Payroll preferences
Technical and functional changes included in the Empxtrack build 5.36 release.
Date: 2 June 2014
- Login of external users is made possible in Empxtrack application.
- Functionality added to allow employees to provide their other income declarations.
- An option to set default theme for all the employees of a company is added.
- Employee search wizard added to Employee TDS advice and Form 16 statutory reports to allow individual records filtering for employees.
- Three optional sections: Birthdays, Doj anniversary, and News and events added to the Activities list tab on the home page.
- The ability to re-order the Activities list sections on the home page is added.
- ClearCacheValue bug fixed. The cache was not getting cleared for individual objects.
- The super tenant file can now be processed as required, even when overridden.
- Major performance improvement while reading employee relationship via worklfows. Now only the required relationship data that needs to be shown to the user can be picked up from the database instead of all the relationship data.
- Fixes related to the assignment of a new salary structure to newly added employees from View/ Edit Employee data page done.
- Issues in Exit details report fixed to display retired and absconding employees, which were not appearing in the report earlier.
- Fixes in payroll rule engine to ignore Monthly Sheet values while running TDS advice for employees.
- Fixes done to Form16 to show TDS details properly.
Technical and functional changes included in the Empxtrack build 5.35 release.
Date: 16 May 2014
- The functionality to send pay slips to employees through email is added to the payroll module.
- PT Challan report is added to payroll module.
- An option to add/update employee monthly sheet is added to the Full and Final functionality of Employee Exit module.
- Manage Company Goals functionality is moved from Goal sheet settings page to Performance management>> Manage processes page.
- A new functionality to capture payment details on approved expense request by HR managers is added to the Travel and Expenses module.
- Form 24 processing improved to support any new format changes to the form by the Indian government that occurs almost every quarter. The following changes have been made:
- Mapping of the file to the excel file shared by the government on every update.
- Fixes related to the handling of Section 16 deductions (PT).
- Proper handling of surcharge in case of very high salary.
- While setting up monthly sheet variables in payroll module, the extra parameters that are not a part of CTC can now be captured and managed.
- The design and position of the action button is changed for the full and final page.
Technical and functional changes included in the Empxtrack build 5.34 release.
Date: 2 May 2014
- New functionality to capture payments outside payroll (such as rewards, bonus, commissions) added to calculate accurate taxes for employees.
- ‘Input employee 12 B’ functionality is moved from Payroll settings section to Manage payroll section.
- The salutations of employees are now captured with their names on View / Edit employee and My personal profile pages.
- All Payroll reports are now downloadable in excel format.
- The payroll reports are now visible on the locked payroll time periods also.
- The managers can now view all the appraisals in the selected time period or the most current appraisal in the selected time period on the Manage Appraisals page. Earlier the managers could view only the most current appraisals of the team members.
- The option to view tracking sheets (associated with Goalsheet) moved from Goalsheet page to Manage goalsheet page. This will help the manager to quickly view tracking sheets associated with a goal sheet.
- Cache object get was returning original object in some specific cases. Fixed
- Fixes to Attendance module to:
- Capture the correct status of leave days while approving a leave request.
- Apply leave at the time of attendance regularization.
- Download leave transaction functionality issues resolved.
- Address Details Report to display contact details even if all the three types of address are not available for employees.
- Appraisal module to display employee appraisals to managers for the selected time period. Earlier only the appraisals for the current time period were being displayed.
- Conversion of all charts and dashboards to Google charts (from JFreeChart)
- Download of payroll reports in Excel (instead of CSV) – integration with POI.
- Issue related to saving expense sheet created by HR manager in Travel & Expense module resolved.
- Blank page issue on saving reasons for exit types in exit type master resolved.
- Wrong data issue and UI validations fixed in Download Leave details functionality.
- Notification messages issue fixed in Time period settings.
- Employee profile pages displaying a foreign character on user interface in IE browser resolved.
Technical and functional changes included in the Empxtrack build 5.33 release.
Date: 18 April 2014
- The Tracking Sheet functionality is added to the Goalsheet module to capture the goal achievements for the employees.
- A new report on the investment declaration for employees is added to the payroll module. The report is visible through Manage >> Manage payroll >> View statutory reports.
- Employee communication functionality is added under the HR manager services group to allow HR managers to send passwords and emails to employee(s).
- A functionality to view the Job description for an employee in printable view format is added. The job description for an employee can be seen through My profile and My career profile pages.
- A functionality to capture the overall comments by the employee /manager to the Submit form of the employee appraisal is added in the Appraisal module.
- The Employment Details Full data report can now be downloaded in Excel format.
- Bug fixed in payroll module for the wrong calculation of salary heads while assigning a salary structure to an employee.
- Bug fixed in payroll module for editing salary structure with new active heads. Earlier the active heads added through ‘Variables for payroll run’ functionality were not shown.
- Email ids of exited employees modified with ‘-exited’ phrase so that the email ids can be reused. The email id of the exited employee ‘abc’ would be modified from ‘email@example.com’ to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’.
- The pay periods in the payroll module can now be edited.
- Bug fixed in the Employee Investment Declaration functionality in payroll module. Earlier the actual amounts and proof submitted fields were also getting copied when previous year’s declarations were copied by employees. Now only the amounts greater than zero are copied to the current financial year.
- Bugs fixed and additions made in Exit module:
- Clearance status counter added for separating employees seeking clearance from different departments.
- F & F Report exception bug fixed.
- Saving Investment declaration authorization error fixed.
- Wrong calculation of final payout amount bug fixed.
Technical and functional changes included in the Empxtrack build 5.32_2 release.
Date: 03 April 2014
- The Employee Active/Inactive salary structure report improved to display active, inactive and all the employees.
- A new module called Ticket Help desk added to the application to handle employee complaints.
- A new Payment option called Stop Payment is introduced while saving payment mode in Payroll module to stop the salary payment of the employees, if required. The employees for whom stop payment option is selected will not appear in Bank report.
- Bugs fixed in employee letter generation functionality. The letters generated can be published when desired.
- Functionality added to manage post task completion activities in the system.
- New modules Claims and Loans & Advances added to the application to handle employees’ claims and loans and advances through workflow.
- Tenant creation code optimized with the removal of countrystatemapping at the time of new tenant creation.
- Bugs fixed in payroll initialization. Now the company name allocated to an employee can be retrieved to handle the employee’s statutory requirements (Form 16, Form 24), if the tenant used by the employee consists of multiple companies.
- Claim variables reserved for claim accruals handling. Now the claim value can be accrued for the employees to the next months for payroll purpose.
- Code optimized for wage variables handling for payroll calculations. The redundant value – ‘Yearly’ stored for the overtime wage variable is removed.
- Payroll rule engine bug fixed with the removal and movement of some pre tax benefit deduction variables.
- Code optimized with the removal of history taxable allowance variables from the default variable mapping, which were being calculated unnecessary.
- A property variable added to payroll module to handle payroll adjustments at the desired stage of payroll process.
- Fixed an issue in the Calc Engine code processor which occurred when a non-matching Else was found inside the comment and the comment was in an If block.
- During multi-language property reading, if a property value in a specific language is not available, the equivalent English value was not being displayed and a null value was being shown. This has been taken care of.
Technical and functional changes included in the Empxtrack build 5.32_1 release.
Date: 20 March 2014
- Leave encashment functionality added to the leave module of the application. A complete configurable workflow is available to allow employees to encash leaves and this can be setup during the setup of the leave type.
- Search functionality added to Help. On clicking Search, a search box shows up that allows you to type in your help query. As you are typing, all related pages show up and you can select them to jump to the help. This can help users to quickly find details on any feature.
- Direct help linkage of application with help.empxtrack.com using embedded views.
- Significant improvements in the initial enrollment process to make the process easier for new enrollees.
- Post purchase setup process simplified to allow clearing of trial transactions and employees very-very simple. The initial setup of HR Manager also improved.
- Fixes to attendance to not allow any changes (Start, Resume, Break) when the end time is specified during regularization.
- Cancellation of interviews and tests allotted to candidates being allowed now.
- Fixed the problem of incorrect recruiters showing up. Now all HR Managers with Applicant Tracking functionality will be treated as recruiters.
- Email templates and the login page improved to display the employee no automatically when a person clicks on the ‘click here’ link on their email.
- Added skill and competency masters to allow the development of a common skill bank.
- Fixes to shift display issues during shift setup.
- All message text moved to common database. Now messages can support multiple languages too.
- Upgrade of FCKEditor to CKEditor to allow a better user experience while capture of formatted text (office documents).
Technical and functional changes included in the Empxtrack build 5.32 release.
Date: 11 March 2014
- The help section on the application pages is improved with the addition of slideshare presentations. The help section on each page now contains a slideshare presentations link along with the FAQs and a detailed help link.
- Setup of customer company name as a part of try.empxtrack.com and live.empxtrack.com.
- Global Groups UI changed. Steps to create a global group added and label changes made for clarity.
- Capability to import goalsheet goals in the variable pay plan with options for customizations.
- Setup of I-9 form in US compliance section. Employees would be able to capture the I-9 functionality besides already capturing the W-4 functionality. This is applicable to the US based customers.
- Updates to the setup process post purchase to make it very simple and single click based.
- Beta release of Customer management module to allow invoicing and payments to be managed by Saigun accounts teams with Notifications, payment capture etc.
- Improvements in identification of duplicate candidate profile. Algorithm developed to identify candidates not only on Email basis (but additional fields such as location, past educational qualifications, past experience and score rating mechanism).
- Fixes to Job Descriptions to allow multiple deletions (if required).
- The search group creation limit increased. The user group limit is increased from 3 to 10 and the global groups limit is increased from 10 to 50.
- Capability to add 4 custom tabs (in case required as a customization) for each of the following sections My Profile, Manage, Settings and Reports. This will allow custom report creation and custom functionality creation for our legacy customers.
- Fixes in recruitment to correctly identify recruiters for job allocation.
- Attachment uploading issues in IE have been fixed.
- Redirection of help to the correct page within the application in the FAQ section.
- Consistency improvement in User Interface. All buttons and tables now follow a common stylesheet.
- Collapsible My Profile, View Career and View employee profile pages with improvements in User Interface.
- Sandwich style option button introduced on all pages.
- Mobile compatibility and style sheet improvements such that menus work on mobile devices.
Technical and functional changes included in the Empxtrack build 5.29 release.
Date: 22 February 2014
- Addition of thoughts for all the tenants.
- Appraisal UI improved:
- The appraisal header appears for the selected employee on clicking on the header icon that appears on My appraisal and My Team appraisal sections, when All attributes for an employee mode is selected (if applicable).
- A scrollable horizontal list of all the selected employees appears with images to a manager. The appraisal of the employee can be viewed by clicking on the employee’s image.
- Ticket functionality is introduced. The users can now login issues related to the product through the system itself.
- Ability to configure the Pre-payroll run report has been added.
- The activity page changed to allow the merging of quick links and messages. Also the quick link can be dismissed if not required.
- Searching and sorting capability on appraisal in the manager mode. This allows you to search for employees with specific statuses. Applicable to other roles such as HR Manager, HOD and CEO.
- The mechanism to manage roles and permissions in Recruitment module is improved. The recruitment management can be assigned to all the managers including HOD and CEO and can also be assigned to a group of employees, who do not possess any role.
- Dynamic report generation is now possible with different employee authorization sets that include: current, all, and valid employees.
- A provision to mark employee attendance as soon as an employee logs in to the system is introduced.
- Fixes of issues in appraisal where all attribute options were not available for all employees.
- Removal of role from an employee when their assignment is removed from a specific role. This was leading to incorrect roles being displayed for employees.
Technical and functional changes included in the Empxtrack build 5.25 release.
Date: 04 February 2014
- MyProfile report optimized to include valid employees only (Current, Resigned, on F & F). Earlier the report included exited employees also.
- Display and usability of buttons improved in Payroll module. The reports and buttons that used to come on the left hand side at the time of processing payroll are now placed in a much more usable fashion. Report pop-up indicates the reports available for a specific payroll tab and buttons come at the top and are always visible.
- Release of variable pay module.
- Option for allocation of modules to HR Managers (such that we can have separate HR Managers for payroll processing, leave, performance management, recruitment, travel and expense and so on)
- Release of ticketing system.
- Completely new User Interface with restructuring of menus for better space optimization, help tips, FAQs, and bread crumbs consistency.
- Company PF deduction rule corrected for override values. The changes can be made by going to Settings >> Payroll Settings >> Payroll Preferences. The settings can be made at the company level and also at an individual employee level.
- Super tenant upgraded to run some template code. This would help in support activities and would make changes or corrections faster for clients.
- Attributes can be added on default feedback form of appraisal for multiple clients.
Technical and functional changes included in the Empxtrack build 5.24 release.
Date: 23 January 2014
- Reports view and management improved.
- Reports can be viewed in multiple pages. Maximum 2000 records can be viewed in a browser
- You can see the selected number of records on a page
- Records can be searched on keywords at the time of viewing a report.
- Optimized HOD and other employee roles according to employee mapping.
- Improved group handling by separating spans and filters.
- Reports can be sorted in ascending or descending order on each field as well as combined with other fields at the time of viewing a report.
Technical and functional changes included in the Empxtrack build 5.23 release.
Date: 10 January 2014
- Attendance dashboard improved. The attendance dashboard now displays the monthly attendance of all the team members to the managers.
- Timesheet workflow enabled. The employees can now fill their timesheets and submit them to their managers. The managers can now approve the timesheets of the subordinates.
- Bug fixed for photograph upload. The employee/ HR manager can now successfully change the uploaded photograph. Initially, if an HR manager or an employee was changing the photograph, the page was not displaying the updated photograph of the employee.
- Home page improved for quick links management. The HR manager, manager and the employees can now manage their quick links. More than 30 quick link icons are now available for the quick links setup and selection.
- The Thought for the day, Today’s Poll, and Quick links and documents links now appear on the Quick links tab of the home page.
- Onboarding module improved with new forms and document attachment provision and inclusions of USA based compliance requirements. The W4 Form and I-9 Information forms are added to On-boarding module to cater to the needs of US based clients. In addition, the related documents can be attached to various on-boarding forms.
- Calc Engine Functions corrected. The parameters of all the calc engine functions are corrected for standardized calling convention.
- Modularization of filters. All the filters are now combined together to allow a common filter setup.
- Updates in default variable mapping of payroll variables. All the payroll variable labels are now picked up from the database. This ensures the synchronization of variables names among HRIS, Self Services, and Payroll (including salary structures) modules and the elimination of the need to rename the payroll variables among these modules.
Technical and functional changes included in the Empxtrack build 5.21 release.
Date: 19 December 2013
- Payslip view available in two different formats. The payslips can now be viewed in either Legacy or Lite application format.
- Use of scheduler for attendance uploads. The attendance can be uploaded and processed through the scheduler in the Attendance module.
- Use of different fields as an employee identifier. A number of different fields can now be used as an employee identifier instead of just two fields: empNo or email, used previously
- Home page customization improved. The ‘Thought for the day’ and ‘Quick Links and Documents’ sections can now be shown or hidden on the home page.
- Added option in Appraisal for HR Managers and Managers to print a specific form or the entire appraisal for one or more employees. This will help the managers to selectively choose forms for printing. For instance HR managers can print final scores or training needs only for a group of employees.
- Solved synchronization issue, which was causing blank page to appear arbitrarily anywhere in the Empxtrack application.
- Improved operator handling in Attendance module.
- Search process improved. The custom employee filters are no more associated with roles. They can be independently created and can be used in conjunction with any selected role.
- Fixed font for Help tips. A separate font was not matching with the rest of the application.
Technical and functional changes included in the Empxtrack build 5.19 release.
Date: 29 November 2013
- Option to avoid employee view and selection added in payroll. If this option is enabled, all employees that are the part of the group are automatically included in payroll run and reports. This helps while processing payroll for large employee sets.
- Option to hide and display side menu bar and tips on each page.
- Tips added on all pages of the product for self-training.
- On-boarding allows the addition of documents for each item in the on-boarding request. For instance a candidate can now add a document against each dependent (say birth certificate) or a document against each confidential ID (eg. visa, passport, driving license, …)
- Setup of variables for capture of 12B returns. Applicable to India payroll
- Option to print multiple Payslips.
- Updates to recruitment to allow candidates to submit profile without full registration. This should assist candidates to quickly complete the application process and also submit the resume. In addition, added feature to hide the Saigun copyright in footer when the job portal is displayed on customer career site.
- Addition of group-wise weekends in Attendance. For customers who do not use Shift Patterns but have weekends setup for Employee Groups, this option will easily help the definition of weekends and accurate calculation of leave days.
- Optimizations in data upload.
- Inclusion of bread-crumbs on all Settings pages for easy navigation. Bread-crumbs added for many user pages too.
- Label changes allowed tenant wise. A specific label can be changed for a specific customer.
- Addition of calc engine functions for reading excel files. This will allow Empxtrack to import data directly from Excel instead of CSV. Although this feature has been tested for 2 customers, it is still being considered in beta and will be officially released in a few weeks.
- Setup of descriptions for all on-boarding forms. This will be applicable to new tenants only.
- Bug fixes in employee selection, multi-page navigation, assign employee in salary structure, financial time period generation, on-boarding, user Interface and icon improvements across the site and adding consistency in fonts across the application.
Technical and functional changes included in the Empxtrack build 5.18 release.
Date: 20 November 2013
- Employee exit without F&F. Now the employee can be exited from the system without performing his/her F& F to calculate the final payments. This functionality is required in cases where we don’t want to process the final payroll. For example we do not want to process F&F in absconding employees cases and in a case where the customer has not acquired the payroll module.
- Improved employee name display. Now the employee name can be displayed in any format, such as: First Name, Middle Name, and Last Name or Last Name, Middle Name, First Name, or Last name, First name etc.
- Synchronization of Employee updates with Primary Organization Structure in Manpower Planning module. When fields of an employee are updated in HRIS, the employee details are automatically updated in the organization structure. This allows the employee to automatically become a part of a new unit in the organization structure.
Technical and functional changes included in the Empxtrack build 5.15 release.
Date: 12 October 2013
- Display of label on axis is controlled for dashboard graphs. The display of X axis or Y axis labels can be removed, if required.
- Two graphs in Bell curve. The Bell curve graph that is used in Performance management module to show the performance of employees can now show two graphs. One for the expected performance of the employees and other for the actual company’s performance. This allows you to see a clear difference between the actual and the expected performance of employees.
- Correct calculations of employee salary structures even when salary heads have cyclic-dependencies.
- Improved data upload mechanism. The data uploads are made faster by making use of a temporary storage space instead of using a data table, before uploading the data into the database.
- A number of performance and memory improvements for faster caching, clearing and finding.
Technical and functional changes included in the Empxtrack build 5.12 release.
Date: 13 September 2013
- The customized reports created by the users can be saved now. This will help HR and all other senior level employees pick and choose the appropriate fields in specific reports (Dashboards or detailed data) and save them with a new name. The reports will show up in My Custom Reports section.
- The centralization of text complete for My Profile, Leave, Attendance and some parts of Manage and Settings. This will help in the multi-language support.
- Improved caching. The cache need not be cleared every time there is a change implemented for a customer. This will lead to significant performance improvements in comparison to earlier version where the entire cache had to be rebuilt post a change – sometimes for all customers.
- Complete removal of support for Struts string handling. There were a number of duplicate strings that had come up in the product . Change to these was difficult since different modules handled these. By moving all text to database we now have capabilities to support multiple languages (9 + English) as also have a more centralized mechanism to store string data.
Technical and functional changes included in the Empxtrack build 5.11 release.
Date: 7 September 2013
- The Employee status handling is improved. The ‘report to’ and ‘reportee’ relationships of an employee can be made inactive whenever the status of the employee is changed.
- The payroll management is improved. The payroll preferences for a company and its employees and can be defined as follows:
- A company can define whether the employees of the company are eligible for ESI and PF.
- A company can define the maximum PF deduction amount for the company.
- A company can define the maximum PF contribution amount of the company.
- A company can define whether the investments of its employee should be considered for tax calculations or not.
- A company can define taxable and non -taxable payout rules.
- Whether the investments of an employee should be considered for tax calculations or not can be defined.
- Whether an employee is eligible for ESI and PF or not can be defined.
- The mode of house rent exemption can be defined for an employee.
- The maximum amount for employee PF deduction and maximum amount for company’s PF contribution can be defined for an employee.
- The taxable and non -taxable payout rules can be defined for an employee.
- The time capture/ display accuracy is improved. The time is now captured and stored in milliseconds and this will help in audit trails of any data changes.
Technical and functional changes included in the Empxtrack build 5.10 release.
Date: 23 August 2013
- The visibility of records on a page is improved. The number of records visible on a page can now be defined in the system.
- The visibility of records in a report can be defined. The default visibility of records in a report is 500. The value can be increased or decreased.
- The HR Admin and HR Manager roles are separated and can be distinctly defined in the system. The HR Admin can now see all the functionality tabs and make selected tabs visible to HR Manager.
- Improved query creation while creating global and local groups.
- Saigun API is improved for:
- encrypted strings creation
- returned function values
- reading of mass workflows
Technical and functional changes included in the Empxtrack build 5.9 release.
Date :19 August 2013
- Users can now try the selected modules during user enrollment. Earlier the users were not allowed to select the desired modules.
- New API objects are developed for the following modules:
- WS_Employee_Travel for Travel module
- WS_Employee_Expense for Expense module
- WS_Employee_SalaryStructure for Salary Structure module in payroll
- WS_Employee_PayrollHeads for payroll
- Added functionality to allow download of employees’ salary break up.
Path: Payroll Setting >> Upload Salary Breakup for Employees
- The date of birth of employees can now be displayed selectively.
- The employee number can be automatically generated by the system using template mechanism.
- HR Manager can see the hierarchy of employees in the company.
- Filters are improved to allow:
- Filtering of data on sub groups.
- Single and multiple employee search.
- Managers to find their subordinates.
- Improved workflow management. Multiple workflows can be managed easily by the application.
- Iterator is modified to make the processing of statements faster. This will result in performance improvement.
- Data security is improved to allow return of only required data by the queries.
- Improved message update. Latest and updated messages will be picked by the application.
View Previous Release Notes here.