The Upload Relationship Data functionality allows you to upload the managers of the employees.
It is important to set the relationships between employees because managers approve requests for their subordinates. Setting managers will help this task be done easily.
To upload relationship data, you need to:
- Log into the system.
- Go to Settings ->Employee Records Settings-> Upload reporting relationships.
The Upload Employee Relationships page appears, as shown in Figure 1.
- Click icon from the step one mentioned on the page as Download data the file to identify the upload format.
The download window that allows you to save the employee data format file on your computer appears, as shown in Figure 2.
- Click OK.
The file will be downloaded on your computer.
The Opening <import master> page may or may not appear in your browser because its appearance depends on your browser version and your browser settings. If you do not see this dialog box appearing, you can save the target file on your computer and then change the extension of the file to .csv. To know more about saving the import file on your computer, click Save .CSV File.
You can now open the file in MS Excel. To know how to open the file in MS Excel, click Open .CSV File.
Once the .csv file is downloaded, you have the format in which the data needs to be put. You can now put the salary structure information in the file, as shown in Figure 3.
Upload the CSV File
Once you have added the data of all the employees in the csv file, you can upload the file to Empxtrack system.
To upload the file, you need to:
- Browse the .CSV file from your computer in which you have put data.
- Click Upload button appearing next to Upload the same file here text box, as shown in Figure 4.
The fields of the CSV file appear with dropdowns having the field name suggested, as shown in Figure 5.
- Deselect the non-mandatory field names for the fields for which you have not provided information or don’t want to upload information of those fields even if the CSV file has data for those fields and then click Go.
The data that you have uploaded through CSV file appears for you to check and confirm upload, as shown in Figure 5.
The upload status for each record appears, as shown in Figure 6.
An employee can have only one manager in Empxtrack. If you setup the relationship 2 times, the first one would be made inactive.
Click on each of these links to know more about them:
- Setup Company Information
- Configure Time Settings
- Uploads of employee data
- Upload Relationship data
- Update/ map HR Manager Information with already existing HR Manager role
- Setup of HR Managers and other senior managers
- Migrate from Free Trial to Purchased Version