Empxtrack offers the functionality to setup multiple roles and groups. Users can use this functionality to define important roles in the organization, such as CEO (Chief Executive Officer), HOD (Head of Department), and HR Manager. An employee may have more than one role in the organization. One role can be assigned to multiple employees.
Note: This functionality to Setup roles is not available in Empxtrack Free Payroll and HR software. Upgrade to the paid edition to avail this feature.
To setup roles, you need to:
- Log into the system as HR Administrator/ HR Manager.
- Go to Settings page and go to General Settings section. Click Setup Roles link. The Setup Role page appears, as shown in Figure 1. The page displays the existing roles in the system.
- Click Add new role to setup a new role in the system.Figure 1The Add role window appears as shown in Figure 2.
- Select the preferred option for Type of role. Choose Relationship for the new relationship role. You will have to upload the employee relationships using the upload functionality. The person who would be assigned the role would be the manager column in the upload. The role identifier will be used in the relationship column.
Select Implied radio button if implied roles are setup using the Setup group functionality. Each implied role shows up in the role chart and you can set a span by identifying different fields such as location, department, employee status etc. All employees that match the span will automatically have a relationship with the employee(s) identified as the group owner.
- Input the name of the label in the Label textbox.
- Provide a description in the Description box to define the role.
- Click Save button as shown in Figure 3.Figure 3The new role is added successfully and a message suggesting the same appears on the screen.
- Once the new role shows in the list, you can modify or copy access permissions whenever needed.
Click on each of these links to know more about them:
- Setup Company Information
- Configure Time Settings
- Uploads of employee data
- Upload Relationship data
- Update/ map HR Manager Information with already existing HR Manager role
- Setup of HR Managers and other senior managers
- Setup Empxtrack Free Payroll for Your Company
- Migrate from Free Payroll to Paid Version