The Setup roles functionality allows you to set roles for the employees in the system. This allows you to identify people on the important positions such as CEO (Chief Executive Officer), HOD (Head of Department), and HR Manager.
The employees can have multiple roles and many employees can have the same role assigned to them.
To setup roles, you need to:
- Log into the system as HR Admin/HR Manager.
- Go to Settings >> General Settings >> Setup Roles
The Setup Role For Employees page appears, as shown in Figure 1.
The page displays the roles already assigned to employees in the system.
- Click Add New Permission to assign a new role.
The Assign Group To Employee window appears, as shown in Figure 2.
- Type the name of the employee to whom you want to assign a role in the Assign To field.
- Select the global group to which you want to assign the employee from Applies To Groups dropdown.
The global group must be preexisting or created before you assign roles to employees. For example, if you want to assign HOD of IT department role to an employee then a role specific global filter for IT department HOD must exist before assigning this role.
- Click Save.
The role is successfully assigned and a message suggesting the same appears, as shown in Figure 3.
- Click icon to delete a role (if required).
Click on each of these links to know more about them:
- Setup Company Information
- Configure Time Settings
- Uploads of employee data
- Upload Relationship data
- Update/ map HR Manager Information with already existing HR Manager role
- Setup of HR Managers and other senior managers
- Migrate from Free Trial to Purchased Version