As soon as you purchase the system, you will get the screen, as shown in Figure 1:
Note: The Purchase Details box may not show you the purchase details, if your purchase date does not fall between the Time Period dates set already on the system. This may happen because the Trial account has already set the time period as April 2012 –March 2013.
Before you start using the system, you need to follow the high level steps given in Things you must do box. Unless you perform the mandatory high level steps, you will not be allowed to continue using the system. The high level steps that you need to perform are:
- Clear data
The Empxtrack system has demonstration data uploaded into it so that you can test its functionality. Once you purchase the system, you may need to remove all the demo data and add you company’s data.Important:
The first thing that you should after you purchase the system is to clear the demo data. The most important among them are clearing employees and clearing Time periods. This is because:
- If you don’t clear the demo employees from the system, the number of licenses you are using will increase because the demo employees will also be counted as actual employees using the system.
- If you don’t clear the Time periods, you will not be able to change dates in the system.
To clear the demo data, you need to click Clear for each individual data type in the Current Statistics box, as explained below:
- Number of Demo Employees: The demo employees will be cleared. You have an option to clear all employees or clearing all employees except HR Manager. If you don’t clear HR manager employee data then you can update your data and remove existing data from HR Manager role.
- Number of Transactions in System: All the transactions data is cleared. Shows you different types of transaction data that would be cleared.
- Number of Groups Defined: All the global and local groups will be cleared
- Number of Time Periods Defined: The time periods defined in the system will be cleared. Allows you to select the groups that you want to clear.
- Number of Financial Periods Defined: The financial periods defined in the system will be cleared.
- Update Company Details (Must Perform)The Update company details link allows you to customize the Empxtrack system for your company. This is a mandatory step to use the system and cannot be skipped. You would be able view the company logo and information in various reports and sections after configuring this section.
To set company details, you need to click Update Company Details link in the Things you must do box under Initial Setup section, as shown in Figure 2.
The Company Details page appears. Click Update Company Details to know more about updating company details.
- Update Time Settings (Conditionally perform, if already set Time Period is not current)If you don’t get the Purchase details on your first page, then you can start by first setting the correct time period. To set the time period, you need to:
Click Update Time Settings link in the Things you must do box under Initial Setup section, as shown in Figure
The Time Settings page appears, as shown in Figure 3.
- Select the Date Format, Week Starts On day, and Time zone that you want to use from their respective dropdowns.
- Click View existing Financial Periods link to set the financial year that would be used for payroll module or any other finance related activities.
- Click View existing Time Periods link to set the time period that would be used for modules other than payroll module. For example, goal sheet, appraisal, leave modules etc.
Note: Remember, you will be able to set your Time Period and Financial Period dates only once through your first screen after purchasing the system. The Time Period and Financial Period dates would appear disabled once you start using the system after performing the high level steps. However, you can add a new year anytime you want.
Click Update Time Settings to know more about updating Time Settings.
- Upload Employee (Conditionally perform, If you have cleared all the employees)
Upload data becomes a mandatory step if you clear the Number of Demo Employees data from the system.To upload employees, you need to:
- Click Upload Employee link in the Things you must do box under Initial Setup section, as shown in Figure 2.The Upload Employee Data page appears, as shown in Figure 4. The page allows you to upload all the employees in the system through CSV file.
- Click Browse button to select the employee data file from your system and then click Upload.
- Follow the instructions on screens as they appear to proceed.
- Setup HR Manager and other roles (Conditionally perform, If you have cleared all the employees)
Setup HR Manager and other roles step becomes a mandatory step if you clear the Number of Demo Employees data from the system including HR Manager data.To setup HR Manager and other roles, you need to:
a. Click Setup HR Manager and other roles link in the Things you must do box under Initial Setup section, as shown in Figure 2.
The Setup Roles For Employees page appears, as shown in Figure 5.
b. Click Add New Permission button to assign an employee to the roles.
Click Setup HR Manager and other roles to know more about setting up roles.
Click on each of these links to know more about them:
- Setup Company Information
- Configure Time Settings
- Uploads of employee data
- Upload Relationship data
- Update/ map HR Manager Information with already existing HR Manager role
- Setup of HR Managers and other senior managers
- Migrate from Free Trial to Purchased Version
- Migrate from Free Payroll to Paid Version