You need to configure time settings to configure the system for the time zone you use, the date format you use and other such parameters. You need to set time settings because various activities and views such as payroll, timesheet, leave, appraisal and schedulers are based on these settings.
To configure time settings, you need to:
- Log into the system as Administrator.
- Go to Settings -> General Settings -> Time Settings.
The Time Settings page appears, as shown in Figure 1.
- Select the date format that you want to use from the Date Format dropdown.
- Select the time zone of your country (where your office is located) from the Time Zone (Head Office) field.
- Configure the financial year by selecting Calendar year if you want to use the calendar year as financial year or selecting Other and then specifying the Start Date and Start Month of the financial year in their respective fields.
- Click View Existing Financial Year link to view/ set the current financial year.
A window displaying a list of financial years already created in the system appears. The window allows you to add a new financial year or mark any of the existing financial year as current.
- Click Mark Current link for a financial year to mark the financial year as current financial year, as shown in Figure 2.
The current financial year displays a check mark contrary to other time periods that display cross sign.
- Click on the corresponding modify icon of a financial period to modify the financial year dates.
A window displaying the financial period details appear, as shown in Figure 3.
- Modify the Financial period’s start date or end date as desired and then click Save.
The financial period is successfully modified and a message suggesting the same appears, as shown in Figure 4.
- Click Add to add a new financial year, as shown in Figure 5.
The new financial year is successfully created and a message suggesting the same appears, as shown in Figure 6.
You can delete a financial year, if it has not been used and there is no dependency exist for the financial year by clicking the delete icon.
- Select the time period that you want to use in the application from Time Period field, as shown in Figure 7.
The system provides you the flexibility of using two types of time periods, Financial and the Time Period. Usually the financial period is used for financial transactions and it does not necessarily start in January. In India, the financial period starts with 1st April.
The time periods are also required by other modules such as Goal settings, Appraisal, and Training. These applications generally follow the calendar year. So for other applications you can set the Time Period.
The flexibility of setting two time periods allows you to use different time periods for different modules.
To view the existing time periods in the system click View Existing Time Period link.
The existing time periods appear, as shown in Figure 8.
You can set one of the time periods as default time period. The system treats the default time period as current time period and uses it by default in all the modules.
You can also set time periods active or inactive. The active time periods appear in dropdowns wherever you have an option to select a time period.
- Click the corresponding icon for a time period to set the time period a default time period. There can be only one default time period.
- Click the corresponding icon for a time period to set the time period inactive and click the corresponding icon for a time period to set the time period active.
- Click on Modify icon to modify the start date and end date of the time period and click delete icon for a the time period to delete that time period.
The time period can only be deleted if it is not being used as yet and has no dependencies.
- Click Add to add a new time period.
The Generate Time Period From window appears, as shown in Figure 9.
- Provide the start and end year in the Start Year and End Year fields and then click Generate.
The time period is successfully generated and a message suggesting the same appears, as shown in Figure 10.
- Close the window and then click Update.
The time settings are successfully updated and a message suggesting the same appears, as shown in Figure 11.
Select the start day of the week in your company according to your country from Week Starts On dropdown.
Click on each of these links to know more about them:
- Setup Company Information
- Configure Time Settings
- Uploads of employee data
- Upload Relationship data
- Update/ map HR Manager Information with already existing HR Manager role
- Setup of HR Managers and other senior managers
- Migrate from Free Trial to Purchased Version