File Validation Utility
You can download the file validation utility from NSDL web site using the link given below:
Once you successfully install the File Validation Utility, you need to:
1. Go to directory path where you have installed e-TDS validation utility[e.g. C:\TDS_FVU_3.2] and click on TDS_FVU.bat file.
The File Validation Utility dialog box appears, as shown in Figure 2-19-1.
2. Specify the name and path for Form24Q text file(.txt extension file) generated by Empxtrack system by clicking Browse button of TDS / TCS Input File Name with Path field.
Input filename should not be more than 12 characters (including the .txt extension) and should not contain any special characters e.g. : , \ / etc.,. Extension of Input file should be in small case. For example Filename can be FORM24Q.txt
3. Specify the name and the path of the Challan file (with the .csi extension) downloaded from Challan Status Inquiry for the verification of challan in TDS/TCS statement by clicking Browse button of Challan Input File Name with Path field.
Input filename should not be more than 25 characters (including the .csi extension) and should not contain any special characters e.g.: \ / etc.,. For example Filename can be MUMM11111A040909.csi
4. Specify the path for the error file to be generated by the FVU on completion of validation by clicking the Browse button of Error/ Upload & Statistics Report File Path field. Do not specify any filename, only provide the path.
5. Click Validate.
If any errors found, *.FVU file will not be generated and Report file contains the List of errors in the Text file. The errors in the text file appears, as shown in Figure 2-19-2.
The error has occurred because wrong percentage was mentioned in Annexure -1 (deductee sheet). You might have deducted 1% tds on bill amount, but wrongly shown in Rate at which Tax Deducted (427) 27 in 26Q (percentage column) 2%. On correction of this percentage, above error removes automatically.
If File Validation is successful, FVU generates a Report file with the Statistics of the return and a *.FVU file with Text file converted to a compatible format (With addition of few more details) for the software in TIN FC (SAM [ Statement Acceptance Module].
Deductors furnishing e-TDS/ e-TCS returns are required to furnish a control chart – Form 27A/ 27B in physical form along with the e-TDS/e-TCS return furnished in CD/Pen Drive.
Form 27A is a summary of TDS return (Form 24, 26 or 27), which contains control totals of ‘Amount Paid’ and ‘Income tax deducted at source’
Form 27B is a summary of e-TCS return (Form 27E) which contains ‘Amount Paid’ and ‘Income Tax Collected at Source’. The control totals mentioned on Form 27A/ 27B should match with the corresponding control totals in e-TDS/e-TCS return file.
Form 27A is required to be furnished separately for each TDS return (Form 24, 26 or 27). Form 27B is required to be furnished separately for each TCS return (Form 27E)
After Validating the input file, copy the *.FVU file to a Floppy/CD and enclose it with a covering Letter (Form 27A) duly signed by the responsible person. Both together should be submitted to the TIN FC. TIN FC will upload the *.FVU file through SAM and generate an acknowledgment receipt on the Form 27A furnished.
Click on the following to know more about them
- Initiate Payroll Run
- Calculate Payroll
- Adjust Payroll
- Submit Payroll for Approval
- Finalize Payroll
- Set Payment Mode
- Disburse Payroll
- Manage Challan Info
- Capture Multiple Challan
- Capture Challan TNS 281 Details
- Generate Form 24Q
- File Validation Utility
- Add Acknowledgment Info
- Declare Investments
- View Reports
- Employee data verification and update
- Import number of days employee worked
- Update out of payroll payments
- Calculate deductions and set up disburse date
- Share payslips with employees
- Print reports