The masquerade functionality, just as the name suggests, allows you to change role as another employee and perform all the tasks that the employee can perform with the permissions as assigned to him/ her.
Empxtrack Masquerade functionality allows HR to login as an employee to train employees, resolve their problems, address queries and in rare cases make approvals when a manager is not available.
HR doesn’t need to do this by asking the employee for their password but instead can login by using the masquerade functionality.
To masquerade as an employee, you need to
1. Log into the system as HR Manager.
2. Go to Process tab and scroll to the Manage Employees section.
Note: The application displays tabs depending on the Empxtrack product version that you are using. In Empxtrack Free Payroll, the payroll section appears on the landing page of the application.
3. Under View Edit Employee, select an option from either of the drop down options- First name or last name or Employee no. or any other option.
4. In the text field appearing next to drop down, type the employee name or employee no. or last name or any other option that you had selected above as shown in Figure 1. The employee is selected.
5. Click on the masquerade icon to change your role to that of the selected employee.
The employee is successfully masqueraded and the homepage of the employee appears, as shown in Figure 2.
Note : The application displays the homepage depending on the Empxtrack product version that you are using. Figure 2 shows the homepage of Enterprise version.
At the top of the page, the Masqueraded By : <HRManager name> appears.
You can now perform all the tasks that the employee who you have masqueraded can perform. You have actually logged in as the employee without entering the employee’s user name and the password. Once, you have performed all the tasks, you can cancel the masquerade and go back to your Admin Login account.
6. Click x on the Masqueraded by <HRManager name> to cancel masquerade.
The masquerade is canceled and you come back to your own login account with the permissions that are assigned to you without reentering your password.
Click on each of these links to know more about them:
- Setup Password Policy
- Send password to employees
- Masquerade functionality
- Setup Global Groups
- Forget Password
- Reset Password