The masquerade functionality, just as the name suggests, allows you to disguise as another employee and perform all the tasks that the employee can perform with the permissions as assigned to him/ her.
As an HR manager, you may need to log into employee’s account to resolve their problems. Masquerade functionality allows you to resolve employees’ problem with the Empxtrack system by logging into their accounts without the hassle of knowing their passwords and without logging out from your own account.
When you masquerade as an employee, you log into employee’s account without typing the employee’s user name and password on his / her login page.
To masquerade as an employee, you need to
1. Log into the system as HR Manager.
2. Go to Settings >>Employee management >>Masquerade as an employee. The Masquerade as an employee page appears, as shown in Figure 1.
3. Select Employee Name or Employee Number from By dropdown,
4. Type the name or the employee number of employee in the text field appearing next to By dropdown after and then click Go.
The employee is selected. Alternatively, click on the Advanced Search icon to search and select the employee.
The employee is successfully masqueraded and the homepage of the employee appears, as shown in Figure 2. at the top of the page, the Masqueraded By : <HRM name> appears.
You can now perform all the tasks that the employee who you have masqueraded can perform. You have actually logged in as the employee without entering the employee’s user name and the password. Once, you have performed all the tasks, you can cancel the masquerade and go back to your Admin Login account.
5. Click x on the Masqueraded by <HRM name> to cancel masquerade.
The masquerade is canceled and you come back to your own login account with the permissions that are assigned to you without reentering your password.The date and time displayed in the message is the date and time when you last logged into your own admin account, as shown in Figure 3.
Click on each of these links to know more about them:
- Setup Password Policy
- Send password to employees
- Masquerade functionality
- Setup Global Groups
- Forget Password
- Reset Password