As an HR manager or a training coordinator, you can initiate the training needs identification process for employees by selecting the managers who should nominate their team members for the trainings. Once the training is initiated the managers of the employees can identify the training needs of their team members. The training needs can also be identified on the basis of a development plan created for the employee during the appraisal process. A message is sent to employee’s manager to identify the training needs of an employee.
To initiate the training need process for an employee, you need to:
1. Log in to the system as HR Manager.
2. Go to Manage>> Manage processes.
The Initiate training need process page appears, as shown in Figure 2.
3. Select the course selection mode from the Select Mode field. The field provides two options:
- All Active Courses: This option allows you to accept nominations for all the active courses.
- Select Course Manually: This option allows you to select the courses for which you want to seek nominations, as shown in Figure 3. The selected courses appear on the Initiate training need process page, as shown in Figure 4.
4. Select the time period for which the training needs to be initiated from Time Period dropdown.
5. Select the managers who you want to nominate their team members for the trainings from the Employee name field.
6. Click Submit.
If you select Select Course Manually option from the Initiate training need process page then the Select Courses page appears with a list of available courses from which you can select the courses on which you want to accept nominations for the training, as shown in Figure 3.
After selecting the desired courses, you need to click Submit to select the course and go back to the previous page.
The selected courses appear in Selected Courses field on the Initiate training need process as shown in Figure 4.
The training process is successfully initiated and a message suggesting the same appears with the list of managers who are selected to nominate their team members for the trainings, as shown in Figure 5.
Click on each of the following links to know more about them: