Configure goalsheet rules as a preliminary step before initiating goalsheets for employees. Configuration settings are used to set goalsheet time period, the users who are allowed to initiate goalsheets, the handling of old goalsheet when a new goalsheet is created for the same time period, and other functionalities.
Configure Goalsheet Module according to the specific requirements of your company. Follow the steps:
- Log in to the system as an Admin or HR Manager.
- Go to Performance Management >> Goalsheet, as shown in Figure 1.
A page with multiple goal sheet settings appears, as shown in Figure 2.
- Select the time period that you want to use in Goalsheet module from Time Period field. The available options are:
- Application Time Period: Can be any consecutive 12 months period. Usually used in modules other than payroll.
- Financial Period: Can be any consecutive 12 months period. Mostly used in financial transactions. In India, it starts from 1st April to 31st March.
System provides flexibility to choose from 2 time periods. One can be used for managing applications such as leave, goalsheets and appraisals, and the other for finance and statutory requirements.
- Select the required approval workflow for the goalsheet. Goals are mutually discussed between the manager and the employee and then finalized.
- Select Automatically archive the goal sheet for the selected time period while creating a new one option from Archival of old Goal sheet field, if you want to allow the creation of a new goalsheet even when a goalsheet exists for a same duration by archiving the old goalsheet.
Else select If a Goal sheet exists, for the same time period, when a new one is being created display an error option if you do not want to allow the creation of a new goalsheet and display an error message if a goalsheet already exists for the same duration.
- Select the desired goalsheet creation options with pre-configured goals. The available options are:
- Allow copy of earlier Goal sheet goals while creating a new Goalsheet: Select this option if you want to copy the goals written in previous year’s goalsheet in the new goalsheet.
- Allow copy of organization & department goals while creating new Goalsheet: Select this option if you want to copy the organization and department goals applicable to the employee in the new goalsheet.
- Allow copy of job description goals while creating new Goalsheet: Select this option if you want to copy the goals that are written for your job role in the new goalsheet
- Select Weight checkbox from Goal Attributes if you want to display weight for each goal in the goalsheet. Further specify the minimum and maximum weight a goal can have in the Min weight of goal and Max weight of goal fields respectively, as shown in Figure 3.
The weight of a goal allows you to specify the relative importance of a goal in comparison with other goals. A goal with more weight is more important to achieve for an employee as compared to a goal with less weight.
- Select the Statement checkbox from the Goal Attributes field to display the Statement field in the goalsheet for each goal. The statement is the title or a brief heading for a goal.
- Select the Category checkbox from the Goal Attributes field to display the Category field in the goalsheet for each goal. The category field allows employees to categorize their goals in the available categories.Then click Manage Categories hyperlink (optionally) to add desired categories to the system.
- Select the Description checkbox from the Goal Attributes field to display the Description field in the goalsheet for each goal. The Description field allows employees to provide a detailed description of each goals.
- Select the Target and achievement capture checkbox from the Goal Attributes field to display the Achievements field in the goalsheet for each goal. Thisfield allows employees and / or manager to capture achievement on each goal.
- Select Employee can link to checkbox from the Linkage of Goals field to allow the linking of goals to parent goals while adding new goals. The parent goals can be manager/department/company goals, as shown in Figure 4.
- Select the desired parent goals to which you want to allow linking of goals. The available options are:
- Manager Goals: Select this option if you want to display the manager goals as parent goals to the employee
- Company Goals: Select this option if you want to display the company goals as parent goals to the employee
- Select Send automatic remainder for capture of goal achievements option from Goal sheet options if you want to enable automatic reminders to be sent to employees to fill their achievements in the goalsheets.
- Click Update button to update the configuration settings you have made for goalsheet module.
Click on any of the following links to know more about them:
- Configure Goalsheet Rules
- Initiate Goalsheets
- View / Create Goalsheet
- Manage Goalsheet State
- Manage Company Goals
- View GoalSheet History
- Manager’s Dashboard