This topic discusses the configuration of goalsheet rules as a preliminary step before initiating goalsheets in your company. It discusses about goalsheet time period to be used, the users; who will be allowed to initiate goalsheets, the handling of old goalsheet when a new goalsheet is created for the same time period etc.
You can configure Goalsheet Module according to the specific requirements of your company. To configure goalsheet module, you need to:
- Log in to the system as an HR Admin/HR Manager.
- Go to Settings >> Performance management >> Goalsheet, as shown in Figure 1.
- Click Configure goalsheet rules link on the Goalsheet page that appears.
The Configure goalsheet rules page appears, as shown in Figure 2.
- Select the time period that you want to use in Goalsheet module from Time Period field. The available options are:
- Application Time Period: Can be any consecutive 12 months period. Usually used in modules other than payroll.
- Financial Period: Can be any consecutive 12 months period. Mostly used in financial transactions. In India it starts from 1sr April to 31st March.
System provides you flexibility to choose from two time periods. One can be used for managing applications such as leave, goalsheets, and appraisals and other for finance and statutory requirements.
- Select the workflow that you want to use in goalsheet module from User Workflow dropdown.
- Select Goal sheet initiated when HR sends message option if you want goalsheets to be initiated by the HR Manager by sending a message to employees whose goalsheets need to be initiated.
Else select Goal sheet Created by the employee/manager(based on workflow selected) option if you want the goalsheet to be initiated by either Employee or Manager based on the workflow that you have selected.
- Select Automatically archive goal sheet while creation of new one option from Archival of old Goal sheet field if you want to allow the creation of a new goalsheet even when a goalsheet exists for a same duration by archiving the old goalsheet, as shown in Figure 3.
Else select If a Goal sheet exist when a new one is being created display an error option if you do not want to allow the creation of a new goalsheet and display an error message if a goalsheet already exists for the same duration.
- Select the desired goalsheet creation options with pre-configured goals. The available options are:
- Allow copy of earlier Goal sheet while creating new one: Select this option if you want to copy the goals written in previous year’s goalsheet in the new goalsheet.
- Allow copy of organization & department goals while creating new one: Select this option if you want to copy the organization and department goals applicable to the employee in the new goalsheet.
- Allow copy of job description goals while creating new one: Select this option if you want to copy the goals that are written for your job role in the new goalsheet
- Select Weight checkbox from Goal Options if you want to display weight for each goal in the goalsheet. Further specify the minimum and maximum weight a goal can have in the Min weight of goal and Max weight of goal fields respectively, as shown in Figure 4.
The weight of a goal allows you to specify the relative importance of a goal in comparison with other goals. A goal with more weight is more important to achieve for an employee as compared to a goal with less weight.
- Select the Statement checkbox from the Goal Options field to display the Statement field in the goalsheet for each goal. The statement is the title or a brief heading for a goal.
- Select the Category checkbox from the Goal Options field to display the Category field in the goalsheet for each goal. The category field allows employees to categorize their goals in the available categories.
Then click Manage Categories link (optionally) to add desired categories to the system.
- Select the Description checkbox from the Goal Options field to display the Description field in the goalsheet for each goal. The Description field allows employees to provide a detailed description of each goals.
- Select the Achievements checkbox from the Goal Options field to display the Achievements field in the goalsheet for each goal. The Achievements field allows employees and / or manager to write the achievements of the employee on each goal.
Then select Can be entered by employee option to allow employees to enter their achievements on goals and select Can be entered by manager option to allow managers to enter the achievements on goals for their team members.
- Select Employee can link to checkbox from the Linkage of Goals field to allow the linking of goals to parent goals while adding new goals. The parent goals can be manager/department/company goals, as shown in Figure 5.
Select the desired parent goals to which you want to allow linking of goals. The available options are:
- Manager Goals: Select this option if you want to display the manager goals as parent goals to the employee
- Department Goals: Select this option if you want to display the department goals as parent goals to the employee
- Company Goals: Select this option if you want to display the company goals as parent goals to the employee
- Select Goals can be modified post goal sheet signOff option from Goal sheet Options if you want to allow goalsheets to be reopened for modifications after they are signed off.
- Select Send automatic remainder for capture of goal achievements option from Goal sheet Options if you want to enable automatic reminders to be sent to employees to fill their achievements in the goalsheets.
- Click Update to update the configuration settings you have made for goalsheet module.