HR manger can set appraisal timeline and configure notifications for an appraisal plan. The appraisal timeline allows you to define the appraisal validity period. For example, if you have two appraisals in your company half-yearly and annual performance appraisal, then you can create two appraisals, one from January to July and other from January to December.
Setting notifications allow to set automated reminders to initiate the appraisal two-three days before the date of appraisal.
To setup performance appraisal timelines and notifications, you need to:
- Log into the system as an HR Manager/ HR Admin.
- Go to Settings >>Performance Management >>Appraisal link.
The Performance Plans page appears, as shown in Figure 1.
The page displays the already existing appraisal plans in the system and allows you to create customized appraisal plans as per your requirements.
- Click the corresponding Edit button for the Performance Plan that you want to modify to configure its timelines and notifications.The <Appraisal Plan Name> window appears with Plan Introduction tab opened by default, as shown in Figure 2.
The page displays the plan details that you want to configure.
- Click Time & Notifications tab.The Time & Notifications tab appears, as shown in Figure 3.Figure 3
- Select the type of the plan from Type field. The options available are Annual, Half yearly, Quarterly, and Monthly.
- Select the plan start date and end date from the From and To calendar controls respectively of Plan Start field.
- Select the initiation option for the workflow from Can be initiated by field (refer to Figure 4). The available options are:
- Auto Initiated: Select this option if you want the appraisal to be initiated on the start date mentioned for the approval.
- Select initiators and associated workflows: Select this option if you want to select appraisal initiators and workflows depending upon the role.
- Select the workflow that you want to use for the appraisal from the Workflow dropdown.The available Workflow options are:
- Employee to HR: Allows employees to fill the appraisal and directly send to HR for final rating and sign off.
- Employee to Manager to HR: Allows employees to fill the appraisal, send it to manager for his/ her comments and then send to HR for final rating and sign off.
- Manager to HR: Allows Managers to fill the appraisal of subordinates and directly send it to HR for final rating and sign off.
- Employee to Manager: Allows employees to fill the appraisal and directly send it to Manager for final rating and sign off.
More options for appraisal workflow can be customized depending upon the requirements of the organization.
- If you select Auto option in Can be initiated by field, Appraisal Start Notification field appears below workflow dropdown (as shown in the Figure 4).Figure 4
Specify the number of days before which you want to be reminded about initiating the appraisal in the Appraisal Start Notification field.
- In Select initiators and associated workflows option, the Notifications on workflow movement section appears on the page as soon as you select a workflow (as shown in Figure 5).
You can now configure the notifications/ reminder for all the stakeholders involved in the workflow at each stage.
- Select frequency of reminders in days in Send Reminder every _days field for the creator of the appraisal from Step 1 Creator/ Submitter section, as shown in Figure 6.
- Select the number of reminders in the Auto move to next step after _reminders field after which you want to move on to the next stage of the workflow.For example, if you want to remind Employees (creator) to fill the appraisal form after every three days till three reminders before automatically moving on to the next actor in the workflow then you can set 3 in Send Reminder every _days and set 3 in Auto move to next step after _reminders fields.Similarly, set the reminders and the auto move on to next step frequencies for the Approver and the Verifier, if required.
- Click Save to save your settings and then click Next to set Forms and Settings.
Click on any of the following links to know more about them