The Relative Grading performance appraisal form allows managers to provide relative grading to their subordinates. HR manager can configure the relative grading form with the help to be displayed to the users, the forced unique rating for each team member, and manager’s comments on each rating.
To configure Relative Grading Form, HR manager or Administrator needs to:
- Follow steps 1 to 4 given on the Configure Performance Appraisal Forms page.
- Click Edit button corresponding to the Relative Grading form. The form appears in the editable mode, as shown in Figure 1.If you don’t find the relevant form, click Add new form button to add Relative Grading form.
- Customize the help instructions in the HELP DISPLAYED TO THE USER text field as per your requirements. This field is useful, especially when you modify certain fields and want to provide help on those fields.By default, HELP DISPLAYED TO THE USER checkbox is marked. If you do not want to show help instructions to the user on the Relative Grading form, uncheck this checkbox.
- Select Force a unique rank for each team member under the manager option from RULES FOR RELATIVE GRADING FORM field to force the managers to select a relative rank for their subordinates (refer Figure 2).
- Select Expect manager to enter comments against the rank option to allow managers to add their comments (refer Figure 2).
- Select Enable auto save of appraisal form after every 5 minutes option to allow saving of the form after every five minutes.
- Click Save.The configurations on the Relative Grading form is successfully saved and a message suggesting the same appears on the top, as shown in Figure 3.
Click the respective links to learn about configuring the below given forms: