The Goal Sheet form allows goalsheet to be imported from Goal Settings module to the Appraisal module. This also allows setting up goals during the appraisal. The goals in the form can be entered by the employees and their managers. The employees can rate themselves on their goals. When the Appraisal form is submitted to the manager, the manager can also provide ratings on the goals of the employee. The overall score on the form can be automatically calculated.
To configure the Goal Sheet Form, HR manager needs to:
- Follow steps 1-4 given on the Configure Performance Appraisal Forms page.
- Click Edit button corresponding to the Goal Sheet form.The form appears in the editable mode, as shown in Figure 1.
If you don’t find the relevant form, click Add new form button to add the Goal Sheet form.
- Customize help instructions for the Goal Sheet form in the HELP DISPLAYED TO THE USER text field as per your requirements. This field is useful, especially when you modify certain fields and want to provide help on those fields.By default, HELP DISPLAYED TO THE USER checkbox is marked. If you do not want to show help instructions to the user on Employee Profile form, uncheck this checkbox.
- Select the method that you want to use to populate the goal sheet from the EDIT RULES FOR GOAL, as shown in Figure 2.Figure 2
- Specify the weight for the Goal Sheet form and click Manage Rating to add a new rating if you don’t find the appropriate rating type. To know how to add/ modify a new rating click Modify Rating.
- In the Goals import mode, select Allow goal creation in appraisal option if you want to allow the users to enter goals in the Goal Sheet form manually. Else if you want to populate the goalsheet of an employee from an existing goalsheet then select Import goals from an existing goal sheet option.The related options pop up after you choose Allow goal creation in appraisal option, as shown in Figure 2.
a. Select Can employee add goals in appraisal? option if you want to allow employees to enter goals in the Goal Sheet form of appraisal.
b. Select Can manager add/edit goals in appraisal? option if you want to allow manager to enter goals in the Goal Sheet form of appraisal.
c. Select Can others (HR, Head of Department) add or edit goals in appraisal? option if you want to allow others, such as an HR and HOD, to enter goals in the Goal Sheet form.
d. Set the goal sheet rules related to goal weight from Set rules on goal weight fields. Under Set rules on goal weight specify the minimum, maximum and total weights for goals.
If you have selected Import goals from an existing goal sheet option, then provide details for the related fields that appear, as shown in Figure 3.
a. Select the time period of the goal sheet from which you want to import the goals by using Specific time period dropdown.
b. Select Do not create appraisal when a goal sheet does not exist for the selected time period option if you want to deny the creation of appraisal form in the absence of goalsheet.
c. Select Do not create appraisal when the goal sheet is not signed off option if you want to deny the creation of appraisal form if the goalsheet is not signed off.
Similarly, specify other details in the Goal attribute display options section including weight, description, goal achievements, category and who can add goals during appraisal process.
You can now configure the rating settings for the form.
- Configure Ratings Settings on the Form
a.Select the Override automatic score calculation by a rating checkbox and then choose the rating that you want to override from the Rating dropdown (refer Figure 4).Figure 4You can click Manage Rating to add a new rating if you don’t find the appropriate rating in the Rating dropdown. To know how to add/ modify a new rating click Modify Rating.
b. Select the Employee can enter above rating? option if you want to allow the selected rating to be overridden by the employee’s ratings and select Manager can enter above rating? option if you want the selected rating to be overridden by the manager’s ratings.
- Click Save to save the configurations on the Goal Sheet form.The changes are saved and the message suggesting the same appears on the top.
Click the respective links to learn about configuring the below given forms: