The Employee Development Plan form allows HR manager to configure development needs, training needs, and career plans fields.
To configure Employee Development Plan Form, HR manager needs to:
- Follow steps 1-4 give on the Configure Performance Appraisal Forms page.
- Click Edit button corresponding to the Employee Development Plan form. The form appears in the editable mode, as shown in Figure 1.
If you don’t find a relevant form, click Add new form button to add Employee Development Plan form.Figure 1
- Customize help instructions in the HELP DISPLAYED TO THE USER text field as per your requirements. This field is useful, especially when you modify few fields and want to provide help on those fields.
By default, HELP DISPLAYED TO THE USER checkbox is marked. If you do not want to show help instructions to the user on Employee Profile form, uncheck this checkbox.
- In VIEW AND EDIT RULES FOR EMPLOYEE DEVELOPMENT PLAN FORM section, select Employees can setup their development plan checkbox to allow employees to set their development plan, as shown in Figure 2.Figure 2
- Select Managers can setup or update the development plan for their subordinates checkbox to allow managers to set the development plan for their subordinates.
- Select Development areas checkbox to configure the rules related to development area. The related fields appears (refer Figure 2). Select the number of development areas that user can specify from Number of areas where inputs may be provided (recommended: 2 – 3) dropdown. In the inputs on section, select the Area, Timeline and Plan options if inputs are required by the user for each development area.
- Select Competency Development checkbox to configure the rules related to competency development. The related fields appear as shown in Figure 3.Figure 3
- Select the number of competencies that user can specify from Number of competencies to be developed (recommended: 1) dropdown. Select the Timeline and /or Plan options if inputs are required by the user for each competency.
- Select Training Programs checkbox to configure the number of training programs allowed. The related fields appear (refer Figure 3). Select the number of training programs you want to allow from Number of programs (recommended 1) dropdown.
- Select Career Plan checkbox to configure the career plan options. The related fields appear (refer Figure 3). Select Job role, Timeline and Development plan options if these fields need to be specified by the user.
- Click Save.
The Employee Development Plan form is successfully updated and a message suggesting the same appears on the top as shown in Figure 4.Figure 4
Click the respective links to learn about configuring the below given forms: