The Setup Performance Appraisal Plans functionality allows you to create customized appraisal plans to let different performance appraisal plans to exist simultaneously. Usually, the same appraisal plan is not suitable for all the employees in an organization.
Different performance appraisal plans are required to evaluate different group of employees. The junior level employees cannot be evaluated in the same manner as senior executives of a company. For example, the probationers may have monthly or half-yearly appraisals but a senior executive of a company may have only annual appraisal.
To Setup Performance Appraisal Plans, you need to:
- Log into the system as HR Manager/ HR Admin.
- Go to Settings >> Performance Management >> Appraisal link. The Performance Plans page appears, as shown in Figure 1.
The page displays existing employee appraisal plans in the system and the module allows you to create customized appraisal plans for different employee groups.
- Click Create a New Performance Plan.Figure 1
The Appraisal Settings>Performance Plan>New Plan window appears, as shown in Figure 2.
- Provide the name of the plan in the Plan Name field.
- Select the group if you have already created a group and want to apply the appraisal to that specific group of people from Applicable To dropdown. The Applicable To dropdown displays all the global groups available in the system. To know how to create a group, click Create a new group.
- Provide the description of the plan in the Plan Instructions field.
- Click Save. Figure 2The new appraisal plan is successfully created and a message suggesting the same appears, as shown in Figure 3.
The new employee appraisal plan that you have created appears in the list of performance plans. Figure 3
You can configure the plan that you have created as and when required.
Click on any of the following links to know more about them
- Select Performance Appraisal Forms and Assign Weights
- Setup Visibility Rules for the Appraisal
- Create New Performance Appraisal Form
- Configure Performance Appraisal Forms
- Add/ Modify Ratings