The Initiate appraisal functionality allows HR Manager to initiate the appraisal manually. Select the appraisal plan and the employees for whom the appraisal needs to be initiated.
To initiate appraisal form, you need to:
- Log into the system as HR Manager.
- Go to MEASURE >> Performance Appraisals >> Initiate new appraisals link.
The Initiate new appraisals page appears, as shown in Figure 1.
- Select the appraisal plan that you want to initiate from the Select a plan for initiation of Appraisal dropdown.
The related fields displaying the appraisal plan details appear.
The Employees applicable field is already populated with a list of senior manager group that was selected in the appraisal plan.
If you have not selected any group in the Applies to dropdown while creating a new plan, the list will be blank.
Specify the reporting period for which the appraisal is conducted.
- Select the Time Period since this will allow you to filter the appraisals.
- Specify a unique appraisal tag (which may be the same tag as the plan name- if you have annual appraisals only. If you have appraisals with higher frequency – say quarterly, you may specify a tag -q1, -q2 etc.
- Add more employees to the selected list by specifying the name of the employee in the Select Employees field and the clicking (+) icon or remove employees from the selected list by selecting an employee and clicking (-) icon.
You can use advanced search to select all the employees together or find the names of the employees. To know more about using Advanced Search, click Advanced Search.
- Click Initiate.
A confirmation message to initiate the appraisal for the selected list of employees appear, as shown in Figure 3.
- Click OK.
The appraisal is initiated for a list of employees appearing in the selected list and the status message for each employee’s appraisal initiation in front of each employee’s name. If the signed off goalsheet does not exist for certain employees then the appraisal will not be initiated for those employees and the status message suggesting the same appears, as shown in Figure 4.
Click on each of the following links to know more about them:
- Setup Appraisal Plans
- Initiate Appraisal
- Change Appraisal State
- Configure Performance Potential Settings
- Appraisal-Employee Access
- Manage Team Appraisal – Filter Records
- Print Appraisal
- Manager Appraisal Dashboard