As an HR manager, you can change the states of the appraisal of employees. This functionality is typically required when the appraisal is stuck at a state or due to some reason the current appraisal needs to be rejected and a new appraisal form needs to be created for an employee.
To change the state of the appraisal, you need to:
1. Log into the system as HR Manager/ HR Admin.
2. Go to Manage>> Performance management >> Manage processes>> Manage appraisal state link.
The Manage appraisal state page appears, as shown in Figure 1.
The page displays a list of employees whose appraisal is in process. It displays the current status of each appraisal and allows you to specify the new status of the appraisal.
3. Select the workflow name from the Workflow Name dropdown. All the appraisals following the selected workflow are filtered and appear on the page.
4. Select the current state of the appraisal from the Current State dropdown. All the appraisal in the selected state appears.
5. Select the employees whose workflow state you want to change from the list of employees by selecting the checkbox in front of them.
6. Select the state in which you want to put these employees’ workflow from New State dropdown.
The available values for the Current State and New State dropdowns are:
- Initiated: If you select this option, then the employee can edit the appraisal form already created.
- Submitted to Manager: If you select this option then the appraisal form would be submitted to the manager.
- Submitted to HR Manager: If you select this option then the appraisal form would be submitted to the HR Manager.
- Accepted: :If you select this option then the appraisal form is accepted by the employee and signed off.
- Rejected: If you select this option then the appraisal form is rejected by the employee.
- Set Aside: If you select this option then the appraisal form would be set aside and a new appraisal form can be recreated.
7. Click Update State.
The current state of workflow is successfully updated to the new selected state of the selected workflow.
The new states appear for the selected employees, as shown in Figure 2.
9. Click Cancel to leave the page.
Click on each of the following links to know more about them:
- Setup Appraisal Plans
- Initiate Appraisal
- Change Appraisal State
- Configure Performance Potential Settings
- Appraisal-Employee Access
- Manage Team Appraisal – Filter Records
- Print Appraisal
- Manager Appraisal Dashboard