The self appraisal (introspection) form encourages employees to self evaluate and self appraise themselves. This is most desired because most managers want that employees, while doing their jobs, monitor their own progress, and self-correct themselves all year long. It also suggests that appraisal is a team effort and not something that manager does to the employee.
Also the employees at Supervisory or Executive level, looks forward to an opportunity to express their achievements, problem areas, and aspirations. A structured self- appraisal form makes it easy for an employee to provide the relevant information. Also it helps the management to gather the pulse of people and improve the organizational climate.
To fill Self Appraisal form, you need to:
- Log into the system as an employee.
- Open the appraisal form. To know how to initiate the Appraisal form, click Fill Appraisal Form.
- Click Self Appraisal tab (if you are on some other tab).
The Self Appraisal page appears, as shown in Figure 1.
The page allows you to provide your comments on various parameters that affected your performance in the Employee field of each parameter on the page.
- Write about your seniors/ subordinates/ peers who helped you achieve your tasks in Mention all the team members ………… the way he/she helped you field.
Self appraisal enables you to develop the spirit of gratitude to your managers and peers.
- Write about your aspirations in life, your career growth, promotions, special interest in some job position, need for a special training and so on in Please specify your career goals ……. even task you correctly field.
- Write about the achievements for self assigned goals/ tasks in Specify any achievement…………directly related to your job field.
These could include self development goals, team improvement initiatives, community/ social service roles and similar other own time tasks which are not assigned to an employee by his/ her Manager.
- Write about the resources that helped you in improving your performance in Specify any factors …….. facilities, policy changes, trainings etc field, as shown in Figure 2.
You can consider writing about the resources provided by the management such as better work stations, captive power, new plant and machinery, latest tools and gauges, systems, processes, plannings and various types of technical and managerial training.
- Write about your suggestions about specific improvements in the infrastructure and facilities that may help you in improving your performance in You may describe all factors that prevented….. problems next year. field
- Click Save to save the form while you fill it so that you may not loose the content.
Click on each of these links to know more about them: