The self-appraisal (introspection) form encourages employees to evaluate and appraise themselves. Managers encourage employees to monitor their progress and provide honest feedback on their performance. It also suggests that appraisal is a team effort and not something that manager does to the employee.
The employees at Supervisory or Executive level also look forward to an opportunity to express their achievements, problem areas, and aspirations. A structured self-appraisal form makes it easy for an employee to provide the relevant information. It also helps the management to understand employees’ perspective improve the organizational culture.
To fill Self-Appraisal form, you need to:
- Log in to the system as an Employee.
- Open the appraisal form. To know how to initiate filling process of the Appraisal form, click Fill Appraisal Form.
Click Self-Appraisal tab (if you are on some other tab).
The Self Appraisal page appears, as shown in Figure 1.
The page allows you to provide your comments on various parameters that affected your performance.
- Write about your seniors/ subordinates/ peers who helped you achieve your tasks in People Who Helped Me Achieve My Task field.
Self-appraisal enables you to develop the spirit of gratitude to your managers and peers.
- Write about your aspirations in life, career growth, promotions, special interest in some job position, need for a special training and so on in My Aspirations field.
Write about the achievements for self-assigned goals/ tasks in Achievement Out of Your Job Role field.
These could include self-development goals, team improvement initiatives, community or social service roles and similar other own time tasks which are not assigned to an employee by his/ her manager.
- Write about the resources that helped you in improving your performance in Factors Which Helped Your Performance field, as shown in Figure 2.
You can consider writing about the resources provided by the management such as better work stations, captive power, new plant and machinery, latest tools, moral support, well-defined processes, planning and various types of technical and managerial training.
- Write about your suggestions about specific improvements in the infrastructure and facilities that may help you in improving your performance in Factors Which Hindered Your Performance field
The appraisal form is saved and a message suggesting the same appears, as shown in Figure 3.
Click on each of these links to know more about them: