The Development Plan form of an employee is about further development of the employees and to make them competent in their current role. It is also required to aspire the employee to go beyond the current role and job expectations. A development plan needs to be agreed upon by the manager and the employee to make the performance process complete.
To fill the Development Plan form, you need to:
- Log into the system as an employee.
- Open the appraisal form. To know how to initiate the Appraisal form, click Fill Appraisal Form.
- Click Employee Development Plan tab (if you are on some other tab).
The Employee Development Plan page appears, as shown in Figure 1.
The page allows you to specify the skills that you want to develop and the time frame for its development.
- Provide the skills that you want to develop in the Development areas column and their descriptions in the corresponding Plan column
- Provide the time frame in which you plan to achieve the skill in the Timeline column of the corresponding skill.
- Select the competency that you want to develop in the next review period from the Competency dropdown in the Competency development section, as shown in Figure 2.
- Provide the description of the competency in the Plan field time frame in which you plan to achieve the competency in the Timeline column of the corresponding competency.
- Specify the training program that you want to undergo during this period in the Training programs section.
- Provide the job description that you are looking to accomplish in the Job role field of Career plan section and then provide the time line by which you want to acquire that job role in the Timeline column.
- Provide the description of the job role that you have specified in the Development plan section.
- Click Save. The form is successfully saved and a message suggesting the same appears, as shown in Figure 3
Click on each of these links to know more about them: