The generate TDS advice functionality allows you to calculate annual payroll and generate TDS advice for the financial year either on the declared investment amount or the actual investment amount.
To generate TDS advice, you need to:
- Log into the system as an employee.
- Go to My profile tab and then select My salary details option, as shown in Figure 1.The My salary details page appears.By default, the Pay related tab and Pay slips sub tab are selected.
- Click Seek TDS advice sub tab under Pay related tab.The TDS Advice Detail page appears, as shown in Figure 1.
- Select the investment type for which you want to calculate tax for TDS advice generation from TDS Advice Based On field. The available options are:
- Declared Investment: If this option is selected the TDS would be calculated on the investment declarations that you have provided to the company and the TDS advice would be generated on the calculated amount.
- Actual Investment: If this option is selected the TDS would be calculated on the actual investment proof that you have submitted to the company and the TDS advice would be generated on the calculated amount.
The TDS Advice will be automatically generated according to the selected option.
The page displays the salary amounts Paid Till Date, Projected Amount, Exemption and the Taxable Amount. The page further details the investments that the employee has made and the exemptions that (s)he can get on that amount, as shown in Figures 2.
The page also displays exemptions that you get on the House Rent Receipts that you have provided, Location, and HRA component of the salary, as shown in Figure 3 and 4
- Click on Print icon to print the TDS advice, as shown in Figure 4.
Click on each of these links to know more about them
- View Payslip and Salary Details
- View Salary Structure
- Seek TDS Advice
- View Year to Date Details
- Declare Investments
- View Previous Year’s Declarations