The Upload employee salaries functionality allows you to upload the past salary data of all the employees in one go through CSV file. This is especially useful, if you use some other system to calculate salaries and want to use Empxtrack system to generate payslips.
To upload employee salaries structures, you need to:
- Log into the system as HR Admin/ HR Manager.
- Go to Settings >> Payroll Settings >> Upload Employee Salaries
- The Upload Salary Data page appears, as shown in Figure 1.
- Click icon from the step one mentioned on the page as Download Sample Sheet in csv format…
The download window that allows you to save the salary structure format file on your computer appears, as shown in Figure 2.
- Click OK.
The file will be downloaded on your computer.
The Opening <import master> page may or may not appear in your browser because its appearance depends on your browser version and your browser settings. If you do not see this dialog box appearing, you can save the target file on your computer and then change the extension of the file to .csv. To know more about saving the import file on your computer, click Save .CSV File.
You can now open the file in MS Excel. To know how to open the file in MS Excel, click Open .CSV File.
Once the .csv file is downloaded, you have the format in which the data needs to be put. You can now put the salary structure information in the file, as shown in Figure 3.
- Ensure that dates that you provide, appear in the format mentioned in the .csv file.
If dates do not appear in desired format then right-click the date cell(s) in which you are providing dates and then select the correct date format so that date appears in <MM/DD/YYYY> format, as shown in Figure 4.
Upload the CSV File
Once you have added the data of all the employees in the csv file, you can upload the file to Empxtrack system.
To upload the file, you need to:
- Browse the .CSV file from your computer in which you have put data.
- Click Upload button appearing next to Upload the same file here text box, as shown in Figure 5.
Click on the following links to know more about them:
Setup Payroll VariablesSetup Variables for Payroll ReportsSetup Salary Structures