The Upload Employee Salaries functionality allows upload of past salary data of prior pay periods in one go. This functionality is useful for employers that use another system to calculate salaries and use Empxtrack for generating payslips.
Note: If you are using Free Payroll and HR software, upgrade to a paid version to use this functionality. Watch a short video on how to upgrade Empxtrack Free Payroll software and get additional licenses, advanced features and free trials of additional products.
To upload employee past salaries in one go, you need to:
- Log into the system as HR Admin/ HR Manager.
- Click on the Product configurations tab on the Homepage.
- Under the Uploads section, click Upload salary details for employees as shown in Figure 1.
Upload Salary Details
- The Upload Salary Details for Employees page opens in the new tab, as shown in Figure 2.
- Click Download Sample Sheet in csv format icon on the page.
- Save the salary details format file on your computer. Select Save file option and click OK. The file will be downloaded on your computer.Note: The Opening <import master> page may or may not appear in your browser because its appearance depends on your browser version and your browser settings. If you do not see this dialog box appearing, you can save the target file on your computer and then change the extension of the file to .csv. To know how to open the file in MS Excel, click Open .CSV File.
- Once the .csv file is downloaded, you have the format in which the data needs to be put. You can now put the salary information in the file. The start and end date of pay period (Fields denoted as ‘Pay period start date’ and ‘Pay period end date’) indicates that the salary details will be uploaded for the specific pay period.
8. Ensure that dates that you provide, appear in the format mentioned in the .csv file. If dates do not appear in desired format then right-click the date cell(s) in which you are providing dates and then select the correct date format so that date appears in <MM/DD/YYYY> format.
Upload the CSV File
9. Once you have added the data of all the employees in the csv file, you can upload the file to Empxtrack system by clicking Browse button and uploading the file from your computer.
10. Click Upload button appearing next to Upload the same file here text box.
Click on the following links to know more about them:
- Perform Payroll Configurations
- Setup Payroll Variables
- Setup Variables for Payroll Reports
- Setup Salary Structures
- Add Salary Heads to a Salary Structure
- Assign a Salary Structure to Employees
- Upload Salary Structure
- Upload Past Salaries for Employee
- Download Employee Salaries
- Setup Investment Declaration
- Perform Company Settings for Payroll
- Design Pay Slip
- Setup Claim Variables