Setup Payroll Variables for payroll reports functionality allows you to setup payroll heads used in your company to generate reports. This page discusses how you can customize variables by activating or deactivating them, modifying their labels, and setting their order of appearance.
To setup payroll variables for payroll reports, you need to:
- Log into the system as HR Admin/ HR Manager.
- Go to Settings >> Payroll Settings >> Configure Payroll
The Configure Payroll window appears with Global settings tab opened by default.
- Go to Report variables tab.The page appears with a list of reports, as shown in Figure 1. Each report has a list of variables that can be customized according to the specific requirements of your company.Figure 1
- Click on the report that you want to configure. For this example, click Consolidated Earnings Report.
- A list of variables for the selected payroll report appears on the right side of the Report list, as shown in Figure 2.In this case, the variables of Consolidated Earnings Report appear.The variable type list displays two types of variables – Active and Inactive. The Active variables are the selected variables for the selected report. These variables will be used while showing payroll reports. The Inactive variables are the variables that are not used by the system in payroll reports.
- Activate inactive variables that you want to use in the payroll reports by clicking Inactive button.A list of Inactive variables for the selected data type appears, as shown in Figure 3.
- Click on the variable that you want to activate. The edit screen for the selected variable appears on the extreme right section of the page.
- Modify the label of the variable by providing a new variable label in the Variable Label text box, if required.
- Select the Active checkbox to activate the variable.
- Click Update.The variable is successfully modified and a message suggesting the same appears.
- Click Active link to see the variable successfully added to Active variables list, as shown in Figure 4.Figure 4
- Deactivate the active variables that are not required and modify the labels of the Active variables by following the same steps (7-10) that you followed to activate and modify labels of the Inactive variables.
- Click on up and down arrows ( ) to modify the order of appearance of variables on the payroll reports.You can now follow the same steps mentioned above to customize the variables of each payroll report.
Click on the following links to know more about them: