A payslip is a well formatted document that shows the salary breakup into various components along with deductions, taxes, accrual, PF and ESI details. The design and format of a payslip can be customized to map company requirements. This help page demonstrates steps to modify and design a payslip format.
Note: The option to design payslip is not available in Empxtrack Free Payroll and HR software. The system provides a standard format for generating payslips. Upgrade to a paid version to get 3 predefined templates and customize payslip design. Watch a short video on how to upgrade Empxtrack Free Payroll software and get additional licenses, advanced features and free trials of additional products.
To design the payslip, you need to:
- Log into the system as HR Admin/ HR Manager.
- On the Homepage, click on the Product configurations tab. Under Payroll Settings section, click the Design Payslip link. The Pay Slip page appears as shown in Figure 1.
The page displays a default payslip template. Modify the template as per your company requirement. Modify the heading, sections, labels and field values of the template. In addition, you can insert or delete section/ rows in the payslip template.
Once the template is modified, you can view how the customized payslip will look with the sample data.
- Type a new name for the payslip in the Title field.
- Use Bold, Italics, alignment, and font size styles for the title from the Style field, if desired and then click Save.
The title of the salary slip is successfully modified and a message suggesting the same appears on the screen.
Modify Field Label
- Click on any field label to modify it. The Edit Cell Properties window appears as shown in Figure 3.
- Select the type for the field from the Type field. Keep the Label option selected, if you want to modify the label else select Variable option.
- Select the preferred Variable type when if you have selected Label in the Type option. Also select the name of the Variables from the drop down.
- Modify the style from Style options, modify the column span by combining columns for the cell, if the name is long from Number of columns spanned field.
- Click Save.
The label is successfully modified and a message suggesting the same appears.
Modify a Variable
- Click on a variable to edit it.The Edit Cell Properties window appears as shown in Figure 4.
- Select the type for the field from the Type field. Keep the Variable option selected, if you want to modify the variable.
- Select a different payslip variable from the Variables dropdown.
- Select the type of the variable from Data Type dropdown.
- Modify the style from Style options, modify the column span by combining columns for the cell, if the value of the variable is long from Number of columns spanned field, and then click Save.
The variable is successfully modified and a message suggesting the same appears on the screen.
Add a row and add field to it
- Click on the Action icon given for each row where you want to add a row, as shown in Figure 5.
- Select Insert row above option to insert a row above the current row or click Insert row below option to insert a row below the current row.
Note: For each heading in the payslip, you will get the option to insert or delete a section. Insertion and deletion of rows is given for fields between each section.
A new row is added below/ above the current row as shown in Figure 6. The new row displays four columns with Value keyword.
- Click on Value 1 field to modify the Value 1 label with a new label for the field that you want to add. Click on Value 2 field to add a value for the field.
- Click Value 3 and Value 4 labels one by one, and input new names and change the properties as required.
- Click Delete to delete the cells if these cells are not required. The extra cells are successfully deleted.
Click on the following links to know more about them:
- Perform Payroll Configurations
- Setup Payroll Variables
- Setup Variables for Payroll Reports
- Setup Salary Structures
- Add Salary Heads to a Salary Structure
- Assign a Salary Structure to Employees
- Upload Salary Structure
- Upload Past Salaries for Employee
- Download Employee Salaries
- Setup Investment Declaration
- Perform Company Settings for Payroll
- Design Pay Slip
- Setup Claim Variables