As an HR manager, you need to set up the claim variables, if you want the employees of your company to claim for the allowances they get as a part of their CTC through the system.
To setup claim variables, you need to:
1. Log in as an HR Admin/HR Manager.
2. Go to Settings >> Payroll settings >> Variables for payroll run.
The Variables for payroll run page appears.
3. Select Salary/Earnings variables by clicking on the Salary/Earnings links under Variable type section.
4. The Salary/Earnings section displaying the Active variables list appears, as shown in Figure 1
5. Click Inactive link to view the Salary/Earning variables that are Inactive .
A list of Inactive Salary/Earning variables appears, as shown in Figure 2.
You can select from a range of variables from:
a. out_sal_non_taxable_accrual1 to out_sal_non_taxable_accrual5: For claims that get accrued over a period of time.
b. out_sal_non_taxable_allow1 to out_sal_non_taxable_allow15: For claims that do not get accrued and need to be claimed immediately.
6. Select Non Taxable Accrual variable from the list.
The edit section for the variable appears, as shown in Figure 2.
7. Modify the label name of the variable to the desired claim variable name, as shown in Figure 3.
8. Select Active checkbox to make the variable active.
9. Select Check to make payment for this through claims workflow checkbox to allow the claim workflow to be used for the variable.
The related options appear. In this case the Payment/Accrual options section appears. The section displays two options:
- Full monthly payment of applicable amount:
- Payment of claimed amount only:
10. Click Update to update the variable settings that you have made.
The claim variable is now active and is available to be added to the salary structure in which you want to use it.