Empxtrack provides a functionality to setup claim variables. This functionality allows employees to claim for their allowances that they receive as a part of their CTC.
Note: Inactive variables needed to setup claim variables are not available in Empxtrack Free Payroll and HR software. Upgrade your free product to a paid version to avail more features to setup claim variables. Watch a short video on how to upgrade Empxtrack Free Payroll software and get additional licenses, advanced features and free trials of additional products.
To setup claim variables, you need to:
1. Log in as an HR Admin/HR Manager.
2. On the Homepage, click on the Product configurations page. Click Configure Payroll link under Payroll Settings. Click on the Payroll Variables tab. The Variables type page appears.
3. Select Salary/Earnings variables by clicking on the Salary/Earnings links under Variable type section.
4. By default, the Salary/Earnings section displays the Active variables as shown in Figure 1.
5. Click Inactive link to view the Salary/Earning variables that are Inactive .
A list of Inactive Salary/Earning variables appears, as shown in Figure 2.
You can select from a range of variables from:
a. Non taxable accrual 1 (out_sal_non_taxable_accrual1) to Non taxable accrual 5 (out_sal_non_taxable_accrual5): For claims that get accrued over a period of time.
b. Non taxable allow 1 (out_sal_non_taxable_allow1) to Non taxable allow 15 (out_sal_non_taxable_allow15): For claims that do not get accrued and need to be claimed immediately.
6. Select Non Taxable Accrual variable from the list. The edit section for the variable appears as shown in Figure 2.
7. Modify the Label name of the variable to the desired claim variable name, as shown in Figure 3.
8. Select Active checkbox to make the variable active.
9. Select Check to make payment for this through claims workflow checkbox to allow the claim workflow to be used for the variable.
The related options appear. In this case the Payment/Accrual options section appears. The section displays two options:
- Full monthly payment of applicable amount
- Payment of claimed amount only
10. Click Update to update the variable settings that you have made.
The claim variable is now active and is available to be added to the salary structure in which you want to use it.
Perform Payroll Configurations
Click on the following links to know more about them:
- Perform Payroll Configurations
- Setup Payroll Variables
- Setup Variables for Payroll Reports
- Setup Salary Structures
- Add Salary Heads to a Salary Structure
- Assign a Salary Structure to Employees
- Upload Salary Structure
- Upload Past Salaries for Employee
- Download Employee Salaries
- Setup Investment Declaration
- Perform Company Settings for Payroll
- Design Pay Slip
- Setup Claim Variables