Calculate payroll is the first step of Run Payroll process. This step automatically picks the monthly sheet uploaded for the pay period and calculate payroll for the selected employees.
To calculate payroll, you need to:
- Initiate Payroll Run. To know more about initiating payroll run, click Initiate Payroll Run.The Run Payroll page now displays the list of employee for which you can run the payroll for the selected pay period.
- Select the employees for whom you want to run the payroll calculation by selecting the corresponding check box for the employees. To select all the employees, select All check box near Emp No column.
- Click Run Payroll link on the left side of the page, as shown in Figure 1.The system will automatically integrate monthly sheet data that is either picked by the system automatically or uploaded by you as per your settings.Note:Monthly sheet picks the monthly data from leave, attendance, and travel and expense modules that changed in the selected payroll period. It also includes any arrears that need to be paid to employees and any deductions that include leave without pay, loan repayments or any advance payments that need to be adjusted in the current month’s payroll of employees.
The payroll calculation starts for the selected employees, as shown in Figure 2.
The payroll is successfully calculated and the status message for the payroll calculation appears for each employee in the Status column, as shown in Figure 3.
- Click Done.Figure 3
The Run Payroll page now displays the records for only the employees whose salaries are calculated, as shown in Figure 4.The calculated payroll amount is displayed in the Net Pay Amount field and payroll calculation status in the Status column for each employee. In addition, the Action column displays the icons to adjust payroll, delete payroll and view payroll respectively.
The Calculated button is now highlighted and displays the number of employees whose salaries have been calculated.
You may want to delete the payroll calculation for employees. For example, if you have calculated salary for an exit employee, you may need to delete it because you need to perform full and final calculation for the employee instead of calculating the salary for the employee.
- (Optionally) Select the employees whose salary calculation need to be erased and then click Erase Multiple Payroll to delete the payroll for the selected employees. Alternatively, click on the corresponding delete icon for an employee whose salary record you want to delete to delete the salary calculation record for the employee. The salaries for the selected candidates will be deleted. Figure 4
Once the salaries are calculated, you can adjust the salaries of employees, if required. To know how to adjust salaries, click Adjust Payroll.
Click on the following to know more about them
- Initiate Payroll Run
- Calculate Payroll
- Adjust Payroll
- Submit Payroll for Approval
- Clear Payroll
- Finalize Payroll
- Set Payment Mode
- Disburse Payroll
- Manage Challan Info
- Capture Multiple Challan
- Capture Challan TNS 281 Details
- Generate Form 24Q
- File Validation Utility
- Add Acknowledgment Info
- Declare Investments
- View Reports