Any employee, who has been assigned the role of an approver by the HR Admin , while configuring payroll settings, can approve payroll. As an approver, you can verify the payroll, approve it or reject it (for correction) and submit it to HR Manager for further processing.
To verify and approve the payroll, you need to:
1. Log into the system as an employee, who has been assigned the Approver role .
2. Click View on the payroll message that suggests you to verify/ approve payroll for the current pay period, as shown in Figure 1.
The Run Payroll page appears, as shown in Figure 2.
The page allows you to view various reports to verify the payroll and check if the salaries of the employees are calculated correctly.
3. Select the employees whose salary calculations you want to check and then click on the desired report under the Reports section to view its details for salary calculations.
4. Provide your comments for about the salary calculations optionally and click Finalize payroll icon to finalize the payroll or click icon to send the payroll back to HR Manager to perform payroll calculation again for the employee.
If you reject a payroll and send it back to HR Manager for correction then you must provide your comments before rejecting a payroll.
You can select all the employees together and approve the payroll for all of them by selecting the All check box in the header and then clicking Approve Payroll link on the left side of the page.
A confirmation message for the approval of payroll appears, as shown in Figure 3.
5. Click OK.
The payroll is successfully approved and all the selected records (approved/ disapproved) disappears from the page, as shown in Figure 4.
The payroll is now sent to HR Manager for Finalization or Recalculation.
Click on the following to know more about them
- Initiate Payroll Run
- Calculate Payroll
- Adjust Payroll
- Submit Payroll for Approval
- Clear Payroll
- Finalize Payroll
- Set Payment Mode
- Disburse Payroll
- Manage Challan Info
- Capture Multiple Challan
- Capture Challan TNS 281 Details
- Generate Form 24Q
- File Validation Utility
- Add Acknowledgment Info
- Declare Investments
- View Reports