This functionality is applicable to Indian companies. Challans are used by Indian companies to deposit Advance tax, Self Assessment tax, Tax on Regular Assessment, Surtax, Tax on Distributed Profits of Domestic Company and Tax on Distributed income to unit holders.
Challans can be captured for all / selected employees in Empxtrack, each time the salary is calculated. This topic discusses how the challans can be captured for multiple employees.
To capture the challans, you need to:
1. Log into the system as HR Manager / HR Admin.
2. Go to Manage >> Manage Payroll >> Manage Challan Info.
The Manage Challans for India Payroll page appears, as shown in Figure 1.
3. Click Capture Multiple Challan link.
The Capture Multiple Challan page appears, as shown in Figure 2.
4. Enter the name of the employees for whom you want to capture challans. If you remember the names of employees, you can type their names in Enter Name field and click (+) sign to select them.
Alternatively, you can click on the Advanced search icon to select employees. To know more about performing advanced search, click Advanced Search.
5. Select the pay period for which you are capturing challans from Pay Period dropdown.
6. Click Verify Challan.
A new browser window displaying the TDS amount deducted from the salaries of the selected employees for the selected pay period appears, as shown in Figure 3.
7. Close the window after verifying the TDS deduction of selected employees.
8. Provide the bank and the branch name where you are submitting the challan in the Drawn On field.
9. Provide the BSR code of the bank branch in the BSR Code field.
The Online Tax Accounting System (OLTAS) allows collection, accounting, and reporting of the receipts and payments of Direct Taxes on-line through a network of bank branches.
BSR Code is a 7 digit code of the bank branch where tax is deposited.
10. Provide the date on which challan was deposited in the Date field.
11. Provide the Challan Number, Challan Name and the Voucher Number in their respective fields.
12. Click Capture Multiple Challan, as shown in Figure 4.
The details of the challan are saved and a message about the challan records update appears, as shown in Figure 5.