Employees may need to view previous year’s investment declarations to find out the tax benefit schemes in which they have invested earlier.
Note: Employees can’t declare investments in Empxtrack Free Payroll and HR software. Only HR can make investments update on behalf of employees. Upgrade to a paid version to avail this feature. Watch a short video on how to upgrade Empxtrack Free Payroll software in just a few clicks
To view previous year’s declarations, you need to:
- Log into the system as an employee.
- On the Homepage, click on the Salary records tab.
Note: My declarations functionality is not available in Free Payroll and HR software. An HR manager can setup investment declaration on behalf of employees. To get My Declarations functionality in Free Payroll, upgrade your product to the advanced version.
- Under Salary shortcuts, click My declarations tab. The page allows you to view the past investment details that you have already made in the View past declarations section. The page also allows you to provide the new investment declarations.
- Click the corresponding View report button for an year for which you want to view the investment declarations in the View past declarations section.
The declaration details of the selected year appears in a new browser window, as shown in Figure 3.
View Previous Year’s Investment Declarations in Free Payroll
Note: In Free Payroll and HR software, employees cannot setup their investment declarations and view previous year’s declarations. HR manager can do all of this on behalf of an employee.
To learn steps on how HR can view previous year’s declarations of an employee, follow the steps:
1. Login to the system as an HR Manager/ HR Admin.
2. On the Homepage, click on the Payroll tab. Under Payroll shortcuts, click Manage Declarations as shown in the Figure 4.
3. The Manage Declarations page appears as shown in Figure 5. HR can view the declarations for all employees (section wise) for the selected FY and download data report for actual/ declared values.
4. To edit employee declarations, scroll to the right and click on View icon or click on any row to view details. This will display the employee declarations in a new window. Click View report to generate investment declaration report for any of the previous years.
Note: If you want to see previous year’s declaration of multiple employees at a time, then go to Payroll section, click More and then click View statutory reports link. On the View Statutory Reports page, click Investment declaration for employees link.
Generate Multiple Investment Declaration page appears as shown in Figure 6. Select the Employees and Select the Financial Period to select a year for which you want to check investment declarations. Click Generate Investment Declaration button to generate the report.
Click on each of these links to know more about them