Once a salary structure is created, it needs to be assigned to employees. You can have multiple salary structures in the system. However, each time a change is made to them, it needs to be reassigned to the employees, or edited for the employee to reflect the changes. The system provides a default salary structure, which is non editable and is used for the employees by default, if a custom salary structure is not defined in the system.
To assign a salary structure to employees, you need to:
1. Log into the system as an HR Manager.
2. Go to Settings >> Payroll settings >> Setup salary structures
The Setup salary structures page appears, as shown in Figure 1.
The page displays the already existing salary structures and allows you to create new salary structures and assign salary structures to employees. In addition, it allows you to deactivate a salary structure, if it is no longer used.
The page displays a default salary structure, which is non editable and is used for the employees by default, if a custom salary structure is not defined in the system and assigned to employees.
3. Click on the corresponding Action icon for a salary structure that you want to assign to employees.
4. Select Assign Employee option from the menu that appears, as shown in Figure 2.
The Assign Salary Structure To Employees >><Salary Structure name> page appears, as shown in Figure 3.
5. Click Assign Structure To Employee.
The Select Employee > <Salary structure name > window appears, as shown in Figure 4.
6. Select the employee by providing a few letters of the name of the employee in the name box and then clicking Go.
You can select the employees on the basis of their employee number. first name, last name, email and exit status if desired by selecting the desired option from the Options field. Alternatively, you can click on the Advanced search link to search the employees on many other different parameters such as department, location, grade etc.
The Employee Salary Details page appears, as shown in Figure 5.
7. Modify the salary structure, if required.
8. Click Save and Close to save the salary structure for the employee and close the window.
The salary structure is successfully assigned to employees and a message suggesting the same appears, as shown in Figure 6