Once a salary structure is created, it needs to be assigned to employees. Empxtrack allows creation of multiple salary structures in the system. However, each time a change is made to them, it needs to be reassigned to the employees, or edited for the employee to reflect the changes. The system provides a default salary structure which is non editable and used for the employees (by default) if a custom salary structure is not defined.
Watch the video on how to assign salary structure to employees
Note: By default, Empxtrack Free Payroll and HR software has only one salary structure. Upgrade your product to avail multiple salary structures. Watch a short video on how to upgrade Empxtrack Free Payroll software and get additional licenses, advanced features and free trials of additional products.
To assign a salary structure to employees, you need to:
- Log into the system as an HR Manager/ HR Admin.
- On the Homepage, click on the View your team tab. All the employees in your current span appears on the screen.
- Click on the profile image of an employee whom you want to assign salary. The menu appears where you can click the View employee data link.Note: By default, the text menu appears on the screen, but it can be changed to Icon based menu. If you are using Empxtrack Free Payroll and HR software, upgrade to the paid edition to avail this feature.
View/ Edit Employee page appears with Profile Shortcuts on the left side. Go to Employment history section and click Assign salary link.
Alternatively, you can go to Process tab. In the Payroll section, click Setup salary structures as shown in Figure 3.
Note: The application displays tabs depending on the product version that you are using. In Empxtrack Free Payroll and HR software, the payroll section appears on the landing page of the application.
The page displays the current salary structures for employees and also show employees whose salary structure is not assigned (see Figure 4).
- Click Assign structure to employee icon to assign salary structure to a specific employee whose CTC and Effective Data fields have no value.Note: Empxtrack Free Payroll and HR software has only one default salary structure and salaries are defined annually. Upgrade to the paid version to get multiple salary structures and the option to setup monthly salaries.
- Select any salary structure from Salary structure name dropdown. For this employee, Salary Structure 1 is selected from the dropdown as shown in Figure 5.
The window displays a default salary structure, which is non editable and is used for the employees by default, if a custom salary structure is not defined in the system and assigned to employees. Custom salary structures can only be added in paid version.
- The values in all the salary heads appear automatically when a specific salary structure is selected (as shown in Figure 6).You can modify the values later, if required. Mention the recommended amount in CTC and it divides the salary into various heads. Balancing head is given to put the remaining amount if it is not mentioned in any of the salary heads.
Note: In Empxtrack Free Payroll and HR software, CTC and Balancig head is not shown. Only salary heads like Basic, HRA, Special allowance and Conveyance allowance is given.
- Mention the Effective date, Recommendation Notes and Attach a document (if required). Recommendation Notes and option to Attach a document is available in paid version. Click Submit button.
- A confirmation window appears to ask if you wish to save the changes and send for approval. Click OK.
The salary structure is successfully assigned to the selected employee and you can view the values of CTC and effective date, as shown in Figure 8.
Upload Salary Structure
- Perform Payroll Configurations
- Setup Payroll Variables
- Setup Variables for Payroll Reports
- Setup Salary Structures
- Add Salary Heads to a Salary Structure
- Assign Salary Structure to Employees
- Upload Salary Structure
- Upload Past Salaries for Employee
- Download Employee Salaries
- Setup Investment Declaration
- Perform Company Settings for Payroll
- Design Pay Slip
- Setup Claim Variables