A salary structure comprises of multiple heads, like Basic, HRA, Special Allowance, PF, Conveyance Allowance and more. An employer may require to add more heads in a specific salary structure. This help page gives instructions to add new heads in the existing salary structure to map your company requirements.
To add new heads to an existing salary structure, you need to:
1. Log into the system as an HR Admin/ HR Manager.
2. Click on the Payroll tab on the Homepage. Process payroll page appears on the screen where you can see the Payroll shortcuts. Click on the Setup salaries for employees tab.
3. The Setup salaries for employees page appears. Scroll down to the bottom of the page where Edit salary structure link is given (see Figure 2).
Note: Edit and Add salary structures functionalities are available only in paid edition.
4. A list of salary structures available in the system is given in the Select Structure dropdown. Select the preferred salary structure from the dropdown in which you want to add the salary heads (as shown in Figure 3). Click Edit button.
5. Click Add Heads button to add new heads to the salary structure as shown in Figure 4.
6. Select the salary heads that you want to add to the salary structure by clicking on the corresponding Select checkbox for that salary head (see Figure 5). Then click Add.
Note: The Active variables are available as salary heads.
The selected heads are successfully added to the salary structure and a message suggesting the same appears, as shown in Figure 6.
The salary heads appear with zero value. You need to assign the amount to the salary heads that you have added.
7. Add value to the new salary heads by reassigning values to the other salary heads or by increasing the CTC value of the salary structure, as shown in Figure 7.
8. Click Update And Close. The salary structure with new salary heads is updated successfully.
Once the salary structure is revised, you need to reassign it to employees so that the new salary heads can be seen by the employees.
Click on the following links to know more about them:
- Perform Payroll Configurations
- Setup Payroll Variables
- Setup Variables for Payroll Reports
- Setup Salary Structures
- Add Salary Heads to a Salary Structure
- Assign Salary Structure to Employees
- Upload Salary Structure
- Upload Past Salaries for Employee
- Download Employee Salaries
- Setup Investment Declaration
- Perform Company Settings for Payroll
- Design Pay Slip
- Setup Claim Variables