You can add the new variables used in your company to the existing salary structures.
To add new heads to an existing salary structure, you need to:
1. Log into the system as an HR Admin/HR Manager.
2. Add the desired salary heads in the system by activating and configuring the Salary and Earning variables through Setup variables for payroll run functionality.
The variables added will be available as salary heads ready to be added.
3. Go to Manage >> Manage Payroll and then select Setup salary structures.
A list of salary structures available in the system appears, as shown in Figure 2.
4. Click on the Actions icon for the salary structure to which you want to add the salary heads.
5. Select Edit from the menu that appears, as shown in Figure 3.
The Add structure page displaying the details of the salary structure appears, as shown in Figure 4.
6. Click Add Heads button appearing at the end of the page.
The Add head page appears, as shown in Figure 5.
7. Select the salary heads that you want to add to the salary structure by clicking on the corresponding Select checkbox for that salary head.
8. Click Add.
The selected heads are successfully added to the salary structure and a message suggesting the same appears, as shown in Figure 6.
The salary heads appear with value 0, you need to assign the amount to the salary heads that you have added.
9. Add value to the new salary heads by reassigning values to the other salary heads or by increasing the CTC value of the salary structure, as shown in Figure 7.
10. Click Update And Close.
The salary structure is successfully updated with the new heads and a message suggesting the same appears, as shown in Figure 7.
Once the salary structure is revised, you need to reassign it to employees so that the new salary heads can be seen by the employees.