Introduction to Payroll Management System
Empxtrack payroll management system is an easy-to-use, highly functional and configurable cloud-based software designed to manage payroll processes for businesses of all sizes.
Empxtrack is offering a Payroll and HR software for free that calculates payroll for 75 employees at absolutely no cost. Purchase options available for more employee licenses, advanced configurations and additional features such as Appraisal, Exit, 360 feedback, HRIS and many more.
To know more, click on the following links:
- FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Setup Empxtrack Free Payroll for Your Company
- Moving from Free Payroll to Paid Version
Watch the video for step by step instructions to process and run Empxtrack Free Payroll in just a few clicks
Empxtrack Payroll processing system enables businesses to stay statutory compliant by considering all the taxation rules as per government norms. It captures employee investment declaration for tax benefits and deducts tax according to government laws. It supports multiple salary structures for different salary grades and provides flexibility to modify the salary head amounts for employees in the same grade.
Integration of payroll management system with employee timesheets simplifies payment calculations to be done on different frequencies (weekly, fortnightly, and monthly basis) for multiple salary structures. Empxtrack also takes into account the overtime pay and performance incentives to calculate payroll.
Paid versions of empxtrack allow different configuration and customization options. The users can configure the application on their own to meet specific requirements of the company in the paid version of Empxtrack.
To get started with payroll module, click Getting Started with payroll module.
The users of payroll module are: Employee and the HR Manager. The functionalities available to them are as follows:
Employee: An employee in the payroll management system can perform following tasks:
- View Payslip and Salary Details
- View Salary Structure
- Seek TDS Advice
- View Year to Date Details
- Declare Investments
- View Previous Year’s Declarations
As an Approver, an employee can verify the payroll calculations and approve the payroll so that salaries can be disbursed to the employees. The approver can Verify and Approve Payroll.
HR Manager/ Admin: The HR Manager/ Admin is responsible for configuring payroll management system according to the company’s policies. The payroll configuration is a one-time activity. To configure payroll, the HR Manager/ Admin can perform the following tasks:
- Perform Payroll Configurations
- Setup Payroll Variables
- Setup Variables for Payroll Reports
- Setup Salary Structures
- Add Salary Heads to a Salary Structure
- Assign a Salary Structure to Employees
- Upload Salary Structure
- Upload Past Salaries for Employee
- Download Employee Salaries
- Setup Investment Declaration
- Perform Company Settings for Payroll
- Design Pay Slip
- Setup Claim Variables
Once the payroll is configured, the HR Manager /Admin is responsible for running payroll at the end of each pay period and calculate and distribute salaries of employees. In addition, (s)he is responsible for challan management. The HR Manager/ Admin can perform the following tasks:
- Initiate Payroll Run
- Calculate Payroll
- Adjust Payroll
- Submit Payroll for Approval
- Finalize Payroll
- Set Payment Mode
- Disburse Payroll
- Manage Challan Info
- Capture Multiple Challan
- Capture Challan TNS 281 Details
- Generate Form 24Q
- File Validation Utility
- Add Acknowledgment Info
- Declare Investments
- Employee data verification and update
- Import number of days employee worked
- Update out of payroll payments
- Calculate deductions and set up disburse date
- Share payslips with employees
- View Payroll Reports
- View and download statutory reports and challans