You can add categories and subcategories to the ticket types that you have created to allow more specific tickets to be generated.
To add a category to a ticket type, you need to:
- Log in as an HR Admin/ HR Manager.
- Go to Settings >> Employee self services >> HR Help Desk.
- Click on the Action icon for the ticket type for which you want to add a category and then select Add Categories option from the menu that appears, as shown in Figure 1.
The Add Category window appears, as shown in Figure 2.
- Provide the category name in the Category field.
- Select Allow to add Categories and Show priority checkboxes to allow subcategories to be added to the ticket type and priority to be set for the ticket type respectively.
- Select Show expectedDate checkbox, if you want the user of this category to specify the expected date by when the issue must be resolved.
- Select Is returnable checkbox, if you want the users to specify the Is returnable field when the ticket for this type is created.
This field is typically required for hardware request category types that require the allotted hardware to be returned back to the company when it is no longer required by the employee.
- Select Is allocation required checkbox if you want the ticket created under this category to be allocated to an expert (employee).
- Click Add.
The category is successfully created and a message suggesting the same appears, as shown in Figure 3
You can now add sub categories to the category, if required, by following the same steps that you had followed to add a category to the Ticket type.
- Click on the Action icon for the category to which you want to add a subcategory and then select Add Sub Categories from the menu that appears, as shown in Figure 4.
- Provide the sub-category details in the Add Sub-category window that appears and then click Add, as shown in Figure 5.
The sub category is successfully added and a message suggesting the same appears, as shown in Figure 6.
The HR Help Desk module allows you to: