Once the tickets are created, they are submitted to the HR manager, who needs to assign the ticket to someone else or resolve the issue himself/herself.
To manage a ticket, you need to:
- Log in as an HR Manager.
- Go to Manage >> Manage help desk.
The Manage help desk page appears, as shown in Figure 1.
The page displays the tickets submitted to you in Open tab, tickets closed in Closed tab and tickets assigned to you in Assigned to me tab. Each ticket displays a status. As soon as a ticket is created, it is assigned the Open status by default.
- Click on the Actions button corresponding to the ticket on which you want to take an action.
- Select the desired action from the pop up that appears, as shown in Figure 2.
The available options are:
- View Details: Select this to view the ticket details and take appropriate actions, such as Assign to me, Assign, or Reply. These actions are also available on the popup menu that appears on clicking the Action button for a ticket.
- Reply: Select this option to reply the ticket request with a comment and status change, as shown in Figure 3.
You can ask for any further information about the request from the employee, assign the request to some other employee, or choose to close the request. You can provide your comments in the Comments textbox, attach a supporting file, and change the status of the request. The status options that you have are:
- Open: Select this status if the request needs to be kept open. This status is selected by default to every new ticket.
- Assigned: Select this status if the request needs to be assigned to some other employee.
- Further Details Required: Select this status if you need more information on the request.
- Resolved: Select this status if the request is resolved.
- Closed: Select this status if the request is taken care of and you want to close the request.
- Responded: Select this status if the response is provided for the request. This option is typically selected if the request is an information required request.
- View Resource Allocation: Select this option to allocate the resource to the employee who created the request and capture the resource details, as shown in Figure 5.
This option requires you to provide the employee’s name who provided the resource in the Issued By field, resource id in the Resource Identification No field, date of issue, current status of the resource, and the description of the resource in the Issued On, Resource status, and Description fields respectively.
- Assign to me: Select this option to assign the ticket to yourself. You may want to do this take any further action on the ticket yourself and suggest the employee, who raised the ticket, that his/her request is being taken care of. As soon as you select the Assign to me option, the ticket is assigned to you and a message suggesting the same appears, as shown in Figure 6.
- Assign: Select this to assign the ticket to an employee who is an expert and take care of the ticket in a better way. As soon as you select this option, the Assign Ticket window appears, as shown in Figure 6. You can now provide the employee’s name in the Assign to field and click Submit button to assign the ticket to that employee.
Once a ticket is assigned to you or to some other employee, a message is sent to suggest that a ticket is assigned to you.
The employee to whom the ticket is assigned can see the message in the My HR >> Activities list >> Received tab, as shown in Figure 8.
Alternatively, you can go to My Profile >> My HR help desk and click on the Assigned to me tab
You can click on the View button to view the ticket and follow the instructions given in the step 4 to manage it.
The HR Help Desk module allows you to: