For Timesheet entries you need to find out the project on which the employees have spent their time. The Manage Projects functionality allows you to create projects, add activities to it, and assign project mangers to the projects.
To manage projects, you need to:
- Log into the system as an HR Manager/ HR Admin.
- Go to Settings >> Employee Self Services Settings >> Timesheet.
- Click Manage Projects link on the Timesheet page that appears, as shown in Figure 1.
The Manage Projects page appears, as shown in Figure 2.
The page displays a list of projects available in the system. The projects can be viewed on the basis of their assignment to project managers or on the basis of clients.
- Click By Client button from View Projects by field to view projects on the basis of the clients of the company.
The project on the basis of clients appear as shown in Figure 3.
- Click Show Inactive Projects checkbox to view the projects that are not in use and are inactive.
- Click Add New Project to add a new project.
The Manage Projects >> Add Projects page appears, as shown in Figure 4.
- Provide the name of the project in the Project Name field and then select the name of the client associated with the project from the Client dropdown.
If the client name is not added to the system as yet click Manage Clients button appearing next to Client field to add a new client. To know how to add a client, click here.
- Provide a unique id for the project in the PO No field.
- Provide the name of the project manager of the project in the Project Manager field and the name of other project managers associated with the project in the Other Managers field.
After providing the name of the project manager, click + sign to move the name of the project manager in the selected list. There can be multiple other managers for a project.
The Other Managers field can contain the name of other managers such as the manager of the testing team, who is responsible for the testing the product or the manager of the sales team, who is responsible for the sales of the product, or any other project managers who are associated with the development of the product.
- Provide the name of the employee an the Assign Employees field and the click + sign to move the name of the employee in the selected list, as shown in Figure 5.
- Select Based On Dates checkbox if the project has a start date and an end date.
The related date fields appear.
- Provide the start date of the project in the Start Date field and the end date of the project in the End Date field.
- Select Allow entry outside dates checkbox, if you want to allow the users to fill timesheet entries about this project beyond the project start and end dates.
- Select the costing of the project from the Costing field. Select Fixed Cost option if the project has a fixed cost or select Billing By hour option if the client will be billed for the project on hourly basis.
- Select Mark Inactive checkbox to mark the project inactive.
You should mark the project as inactive if the work is not yet started on the project or the project is finished and no more work is being done on the project. The inactive projects will not be shown to the users while they fill timesheets.
- Click Add Activity button to associate the activities that are applicable to the project with the project.
The Add an activity to project window appears, as shown in Figure 6.
- Select the activity that you want to associate with the project from the Select Activity dropdown.
- Click Add to add the activity to the project.
- Repeat steps 16-18 to keep adding desired activities to the project.
The activities that you have added appear on the Manage Projects >> Add Projects page, as shown in Figure 7.
- Click Save to save the project.
The project is successfully saved and a message suggesting the same appears, as shown in Figure 8.
The project that you have added appears under the name of the project manager that you have chosen for the project, as shown in Figure 9.
You can click on a project to modify the project and click Add button corresponding to a project manager to add a new project for the project manager.
Click Reassign All to assign all the projects of a project manager to another project manager.
The By field appears and allows you to select the name of another project manager to whom you want to assign all the projects of this project manager, as shown in Figure 10.
You may need this functionality if the project manager is exiting from the company or is going on leave.
If you want to assign individual projects to different project managers then you can modify the project and change the project manager of the project.
Click on each of these links to know more about them:
- Configure Timesheet settings
- Configure Timesheet time periods
- Configure Clients
- Configure Projects
- Configure Activities
- Fill Timesheet
- View Timesheet
- View timsheet entries as consolidated reports / views as manager