Timesheet helps to identify employees’ time spent on each project. By using Manage Projects functionality, you can create projects, add activities and assign project managers.
Note: Timesheet is not available in Free Payroll. Upgrade to a paid version to avail this feature.
To manage projects, you need to:
- Log into the system as an HR Manager/ HR Admin.
- Go to Process tab and scroll down to Timesheet section. Click Manage Projects link as shown in Figure 1.
- Manage Projects page appears as shown in Figure 2. The page displays a list of Active and Inactive projects available in the system.
- Click on any project below to edit its attributes. Each project is associated with a Client and some Activities.
- Modify name of the project and its description in the Project name and Description fields.
- Provide a unique id for the project in the PO No field.
- Select the name of the client associated with the project from the Client dropdown. If the client name is not added to the system yet, click Manage Clients button appearing next to Client field to add a new client. To know how to add a client, click here.
- Assign the name of a manager in the Project Manager field as shown in Figure 3.
- Assign name of the employees who you think should work a specific project by clicking Add multiple employees button.
- Select Based On Dates checkbox if the project has a start date and an end date. The related date fields appear.
- Provide the start date of the project in the Start Date field and the end date of the project in the End Date field.
- Select Allow entry outside dates checkbox, if you want to allow the users to fill timesheet entries about this project beyond the project start and end dates
- Select the costing of the project from the Costing field. Select Fixed Cost option if the project has a fixed cost or select Billing By hour option if the client will be billed for the project on hourly basis.
- Select checkbox associated with Mark inactive to mark a project as Inactive. Employees cannot capture time for inactive projects. You should mark the project as inactive if the work is not yet started on the project or the project is finished and no more work is being done on the project. The inactive projects will not be shown to the users while they fill timesheet.
- Click Add activity to add more activities in the project. Use the dropdown to add more activities.
- Add a project goal by clicking Add button associated with Project goals.
- Setup project skills and competencies that would require to accomplish tasks for a project by clicking Add button.
- Click Save to save the project details. The project is successfully saved and a message suggesting the same appears.
Click on each of these links to know more about them:
- Configure Timesheet settings
- Configure Timesheet time periods
- Manage Clients
- Manage Projects
- Configure Activities
- Fill Timesheet
- View Timesheet
- View timsheet entries as consolidated reports / view as manager