Manage Timesheet Activities functionality allows creation of new activities for the Timesheet.
Note: Timesheet is not available in Free Payroll. Upgrade to a paid version to avail this feature.
To add activities, you need to:
- Log into the system as an HR Manager/ HR Admin.
- Go to Settings and scroll down to the Employee self services section. Click Manage timesheet activities as shown in Figure 1.
- The Manage Timesheet Activities page appears where you can define billable and non-billable activities and associate them with projects (as shown in Figure 2). The activities will be used by employees to capture time.
The page displays the activities that already exist in the system and allows you to add more activities.
Edit an activity
- Click on an activity to edit its details. Activities can be associated with a billing rate and many other attributes. For instance, click Interaction with Team Members under Billable. A new window Activity details > Modify appears on the page as shown in Figure 3.
- Provide the activity name in the Activity Name field and the activity description in the Activity Description field.
- Select Non Billable checkbox if the employee working on the activity will not be billed for his/ her number of hours spent on this activity.
- Provide the billing rate in the Billing Rate box if the activity is billable and you have not selected the Non Billable checkbox.
- Select Show for all Projects checkbox to make this activity available for all the projects available in the system.
- Click Save. The project activity is successfully added and a message suggesting the same appears on the screen.
Add new activity
To add a new activity, click Add New Activity button as shown in Figure 2. Follow the steps 5 to 9 given above.
Click on each of these links to know more about them: