The Configure Timesheet functionality allows you to configure timesheet settings according to the specific requirements of your company.You can configure the mode of time sheet entry, the maximum number of hours for which time sheet can be filled in a day, and whether the timesheet entry should be allowed on weekends and holidays or not.
To configure timesheet module, you need to:
- Log into the system as an HR Manager/ HR Admin.
- Go to Settings >> Employee Self Services Settings >> Timesheet.
- Click Timesheet Configuration link on the Timesheet page that appears, as shown in Figure 1.
The Configure Timesheet page appears, as shown in Figure 2.
- Select the mode of timesheet entry from Mode of Timesheet Entry field.
Select Hours option to allow timesheet entry to users in number of hours spent on each activity or select Time option to allows users to fill the start time and end time for an activity.
- Select the time period that you want to use for the Timesheet module from Parent TimePeriod of Timesheet TimePeriod. The options available are
- Application TimePeriod: Select this option if you want use the Application Time Period in the timesheet module. The Application Time Period is defined in the time settings configurations.
- Calendar Year: Select this option if you want to use the calendar year for the timesheet module.
- Select Yes from Allow timesheet entry for Holidays field if you want to allow the employees of your company to fill timesheet entries on holidays if they have worked on holidays.
- Select Yes from Allow timesheet entry for Leave field if you want to allow the employees of your company to fill timesheet entries for the days when they were on leave if they have worked while they were on leave .
- Select Yes from Allow timesheet entry for Weekends field if you want to allow the employees of your company to fill timesheet entries for weekends if they have worked on weekends.
- Select Yes from Check for Maximum time against day field if you want to put a check on the maximum number of hours allowed to be filled in the timesheet.
The Maximum allowed time for a day field appears and allows you to enter the maximum number of hours that employees should be allowed to fill.
- Enter the maximum number of hours you want to allow to be filled in the Maximum allowed time for a day field.
- Select Do not allow excess hours option if you don’t want to allow more than the specified number of hours to be filled else select Allow excess hours option if you want to notify users that (s)he is filling excess hours but allow the user to do so.
- Click Update to update the settings that you have made.
The timesheet settings are successfully configured and a message suggesting the same appears, as shown in Figure 3.
Click on each of these links to know more about them:
- Configure timesheet settings
- Configure Timesheet time periods
- Configure Clients
- Configure Projects
- Configure Activities
- Fill timesheet
- View timesheet
- View timsheet entries as consolidated reports / views as manager