Empxtrack Leave Management System is configured with commonly used leave types (Paid time off, sick leave, family medical leave, etc.). Configuration option allows creation of new leave types as per company leave policy. A user can create Compensatory Off and Work From Home leave to map their company requirements.
Note: The steps mentioned below are of Empxtrack Enterprise product.
To setup a leave type, you need to:
- Log into the system as HR manager / HR admin.
- On the Homepage, click on the Product configurations tab. In the Employee Self Services section, click on the Setup Leave Types link. A page appears as shown in Figure 1. The page displays the types of leave available in the system, their applicability and their workflows for each user in the system. The page also allows you to add a new leave type and modify the leave rules of existing leave types.
- Click Add Leave Type button appearing at the bottom right corner of the page, as shown in Figure 1.
The Add Leave Type page appears, as shown in Figure 2.
- Select a category from Leave categories dropdown. Provide the abbreviation for the leave type in the Short Name field and the name of the leave in the Label field.
- Select the applicability of the leave from the Applicability options. If the leave is applicable to all the employees of the company, select All employees option, else select Group option and then select the group to which the leave is applicable.For example, the Maternity leave is applicable only to female executives, so the Female Employees group is selected.
Note: The groups are not built-in in the system, you need to create the desired groups. To know how to create groups, click Setup Global Groups.
- Click Save button to save the details of new leave type. Now scroll to the top of the page.You need to now select the workflow for each user of the leave module to specify how each user can take action on this leave type.
- Select the workflow that is applicable to each user for this leave type on Add/ Edit Leave Workflow page. Multiple user roles are listed in Select role dropdown. Choose any role and select a suitable workflow from Select workflow dropdown. The available options for workflow are:
- No: No approval workflow required
- Employee to manager: Leave approval is sent to Manager from employee.
- Employee to HR: Allow employee leave to be approved by HR directly.
- Employee to manager to HR: Allows employee’s leave request to be approved by the manager and then by HR.
- Manager to HR: Allows the manager to create a leave request for a subordinate and then send it to HR manager for approval.
- Direct approval: Allows direct approval or self approval. This option can be selected for the HOD, CEO or other senior executives of the company.
- P-D-Update- Employee-HR: Employee’s personal data update approval from HR.
- Direct approve-HR: Direct approval for HR leave request.
- Direct-approve-leave: Leave request is directly approved.
- E-M-H-Leave-Custom-WF: Custom leave workflow is created in which employee leave request goes to manager and then HR.
- M-H-Leave-Custom-WF: Custom leave workflow is created in which manager’s leave request goes to HR for approval.
Similarly, you can setup leave approval workflow for multiple roles.
- Click Save button at the end of the page.The leave is successfully created and leave workflow is defined. 3. Now the new leave type appears in the list of leave on the Setup Leave Types page.You can now configure the leave rules for the leave type. To learn about configuring leave rules for a leave, click Configure Leave Rules.
Add a Compensatory Off/ Work From Home Leave Type
1. Follow steps 1 to 3 mentioned above.
2. Select Compensatory Off from the Leave category dropdown as shown in Figure 3.
3. Select the applicability of the leave from the Applicability options.
4. Setup approval workflow for multiple user roles from the Leave approval workflow while adding a leave application section.
5. Set rules in the Applies while avail the compensatory Off section. Each rule name has a render tip (question mark) against its name which gives a brief about the rule. You can choose the suitable option for each rule to configure the application to map your company requirements. Learn how to configure rules for Compensatory Off leave type.
Note: Compensatory Off and Work from Home options are not available in the free offerings. Upgrade the application to avail these features.
6. Click Save button. The Comp Off Leave type is created successfully and now employees can acquire it.
Click on each of these links to know more about them
- Setup of Leave Types
- Configure Leave Rules
- Configure the Time period to be used by the module
- Configure Leave Credit / Lapse Rules
- Setup of Weekends and Holiday Calendar
- Upload Leave Credits
- Credit Leave to Employees
- Download Leave Balance
- View Pending / Rejected / Past Leave Records
- View Leave Transactions
- View Leave Policy
- Leave Cancellation
- Apply for Leave
- Approve Leave as Manager
- Manager Dashboard for Leave
- Multiple Upgrade Options in Empxtrack