Empxtrack gives an option to employees to cancel their leave request at any point of time. Leave request can also be cancelled post approval. This help page demonstrates step wise instructions to cancel a pending or approved leave.
Note: Cancellation of a leave request depends upon the workflow. While defining a workflow in the application, setup a rule to allow employees to cancel leave even if it is approved by the Manager. In Free Payroll and HR software, the leave configuration options are limited. Upgrade to a paid version to avail more functionalities.
To cancel the leave applied, you need to:
- Log into the system as an Employee.
- Go to Process tab and scroll down to Leave section. In the Leave requests section, click View icon associated with the request you want to cancel as shown in Figure 1.
Alternatively, you can go to the Message Center and click on the View icon of message suggesting leave approval.
The Leave Requests page appears, as shown in Figure 2.
- Click Send Cancellation link to cancel the leave request.
The cancellation request is sent and a message suggesting the same appears on the screen.
The leave that you have cancelled appears with Pending status in Actions column till the cancellation request is approved by the approver(s). Once the cancellation request is approved, the leave displays Cancelled status.
Click on each of these links to know more about them:
- Setup of Leave Types
- Configure Leave Rules
- Configure Leave Credit / Lapse Rules
- Setup of Weekends and Holiday Calendar
- Upload Leave Credits
- Credit Leave to Employees
- Download Leave Balance
- View Pending / Rejected / Past Leave Records
- View Leave Transactions
- View Leave Policy
- Apply for Leave
- Approve Leave as Manager
- Manager Dashboard for Leave
- Leave Cancellation