Once the leave types are declared and leave rules are defined, HR can credit leave to employee(s) account manually. This help page demonstrates manual credit of a leave type to selected/ all employees’ leave account.
Note: In Free Payroll and HR software, only manual way to credit leave to employees is available. Upgrade the software to avail functionality to upload leave credits by using CSV file for multiple employees at once.
To credit leave to employees’ leave account, you need to:
- Log into the system as HR manager.
- Go to Process tab and scroll down to Leave section. Browse More options and click Credit Leave to Employee(s) link as show below.
The Credit Leave to Employee(s) page appears, as shown in Figure 1.
The page displays the leave types that are set as creditable in leave rules and allows you to select the employees and the leave types that you want to credit.
- Select the employees to whom you want to credit the leave from Select Employee field by writing their name and them clicking (+) sign to transfer them to selected list.You can also click Advanced Search icon to search/ select all the employees together.
- Select the leave types that you want to credit from the Leave Type field, as shown in Figure 2.Note
: Compensatory Off is a leave type that cannot be credited. It is added automatically in an employee leave account when he/ she works on a non working day and submits its request on the portal. To avail a Comp Off, an employee has to acquire it against the days when Compensatory Off is approved by the manager (or HR, depending upon the approval workflow).
- Provide the number of days to be credited for each type in their respective fields.
- Click Next.
Verify the leave you have credited to the employees on the screen that appears, as shown in Figure 3.
- Modify the leave credit for a leave type for employee(s), if required.
- Click Credit.
The leave are successfully credited for all the selected employee and the leave details that include leave credit and previous leave balance appear, as shown in Figure 4.
- Click Done to leave the page.
Click on each of these links to know more about them:
- Setup of Leave Types
- Configure Leave Rules
- Configure the Time period to be used by the module
- Configure Leave Credit / Lapse Rules
- Setup of Weekends and Holiday Calendar
- Upload Leave Credits
- Download Leave Balance
- View Pending / Rejected / Past Leave Records
- View Leave Transactions
- View Leave Policy
- Leave Cancellation
- Apply for Leave
- Approve Leave as Manager
- Manager Dashboard for Leave
- Credit Leave to Employees