Empxtrack allows configuration of multiple leave types to map company requirements. Once the leave types are defined in the system, leave rules can be configured as required by the organization.
Note: In Free Payroll and HR software, only a limited number of leave types are available. Upgrade to a paid version to avail configuration of multiple leave types.
To configure leave rules, you need to:
- Log into the system as HR manager/ HR admin.
- Go to Settings page and scroll down to Employee Self Services Settings. Click Setup Leave Types. The page appears, as shown in Figure 1.Click the corresponding Edit icon for a specific leave type to configure its rules.
The page allows you to configure leave rules for the selected leave type through the Leave Rules section on the page.
- Specify whether the half day leave is allowed or not for the leave type by selecting the Yes / No option from the Partial Days Allowed field, as shown in Figure 3.
- Specify the minimum and maximum days allowed for the leave in the Min Days and Max days text boxes respectively in the Days field.
- Specify whether the leave balance is required to avail the leave or not by selecting the Yes / No option from the Balance Required field, as shown in Figure 3.
- Specify whether the weekends that fall during the leave period should be counted while counting the leave for the leave type or not by selecting the Yes / No option from the Count weekends field.
- Specify whether the holidays that fall during the leave period should be counted while counting the leave or not by selecting the Yes / No option from the Count holidays field.
- Specify whether the cancellation is allowed for the leave or not by selecting the Yes / No option from the Cancellation Allowed after approval field, as shown in Figure 4.
- Specify whether the clubbing with other leave types is allowed for the leave or not by selecting the Yes / No option from the Clubbing allowed with other leave types field.
- Specify whether the salary would be paid to the employee while the employee is on this leave type or not by selecting the Yes / No option from the Is the leave payable (re-imbursable) in payroll field.
- Select Yes if leaves can be encashed by the employees, else choose No from
- Specify whether the reliever details need to be provided when this leave is applied or not by selecting the Yes / No option from the Reliever details to be provided during application field, as shown in Figure 5.
- Specify whether the Passport Release workflow is required for this leave or not by selecting the Yes / No option from the Passport Release workflow required field.
- Specify whether LTA (Leave Travel Allowance) needs to be integrated for this leave or not by selecting the Yes / No option from the LTA integration required during leave application field.
- Specify whether a leave related document is required to avail this leave for or not by selecting the Yes / No option from the Document required during leave application field.
- Select Yes if employees are allowed to change the date of leave after approval, else choose No from Is date change allowed from approval field.
- To Enable proxy manager, select Yes from the Yes/No options. This option allows a manager to designate another employee (as a manager) who would approve the leave requests during the leave period of the manager.
- Click Save to save the leave rules.You can now configure the Leave Credit Rules for the leave type.Configure Leave Rules for Compensatory OffNote: The option to configure rules for Compensatory Off leave type appears only when the leave defined/ selected leave type is Compensatory Off.
To configure rules for Compensatory Off leave type, follow the steps:
1. Follow steps 1 to 4 mentioned above.
2. In the Applies while avail the Compensatory Off section, select the checkbox Apply validation for availing comp off against acquired comp off. Number of days post which acquired comp off can not be used. Usually, it is the the start date of the acquired comp off for the rule.
3. Follow steps 6 to 17 to further configure rules. These rules are similar to the configuration of any other leave type.
4. Click Save button after making all the changes.
Now configure credit and lapse rules.
Click on each of these links to know more about them
- Setup of Leave Types
- Configure the Time period to be used by the module
- Configure Leave Credit / Lapse Rules
- Setup of Weekends and Holiday Calendar
- Upload Leave Credits
- Credit Leave to Employees
- Download Leave Balance
- View Pending / Rejected / Past Leave Records
- View Leave Transactions
- View Leave Policy
- Leave Cancellation
- Apply for Leave
- Approve Leave as Manager
- Manager Dashboard for Leave
- Configure Leave Rules