Leave requests raised by employees go through an approval process. Managers are responsible for approval or rejection of a subordinate’s leave request (depending upon the company’s workflow). With Empxtrack, managers can manage subordinate’s leave requests even on the move.
Note: In Free Payroll and HR software, leave requests are sent to HR manager for approval. Upgrade to a paid version to avail functionalities for Manager role.
To approve the leave requests, follow the steps:
1. Log in to the system as a Manager.
2. Go to Process tab and scroll down to Leave section.
3. Click on the Leave link. A page Leave details appear that displays a leave dashboard and monthly leave summary. Scroll towards the bottom of the page to view all leave records.
4. The system displays all the leave records for the selected month. Make sure that you change the Financial Year by using Data Filter given in Icon bar to view leave records for a specific time span.
For example: If the leave records are displayed for another year, you can click on the Data Filter icon to change the Financial Year and select the required time span from the dropdown.
5. Click on Pending tab to view records that are yet to be approved. Make sure the required time period is selected that shows Pending requests. Click View icon to approve the leave request.
Note: Alternatively, manager can also follow this path to view and approve pending requests: Login as Manager >> Go to Message Center >> Click View icon in the corresponding message
6. Click Submit button to accept the leave request or Reject button to reject the leave request.
The leave request is successfully accepted, rejected, forwarded to the next approver and a message suggesting the same appears on the home page.
Click on each of these links to know more about them:
- Setup of Leave Types
- Configure Leave Rules
- Configure the Time period to be used by the module
- Configure Leave Credit / Lapse Rules
- Setup of Weekends and Holiday Calendar
- Upload Leave Credits
- Credit Leave to Employees
- Download Leave Balance
- View Pending / Rejected / Past Leave Records
- View Leave Transactions
- View Leave Policy
- Leave Cancellation
- Apply for Leave
- Manager Dashboard for Leave
- Approve Leave as Manager