A manager needs to approve leave requests sent by his/ her subordinates (depending upon the approval workflow).
Note: In Free Payroll and HR software, leave requests are sent to HR manager for approval. Upgrade to a paid version to avail functionalities for Manager role.
To approve the leave requests submitted to you, you need to:
1. Log in to the system as a manager.
2. Go to Manage >> Activities List >> Received
The page displays the messages that are sent to you. The messages are color coded as per their module, as shown in Figure 1.
2. Click on the View link of the Leave message to approve the leave request / cancellation.
The Leave Requests window appears, as shown in Figure 2.
The window displays the approval workflow at the top. You can see the current state of the approval with “you” mentioned in the workflow.
3. Click View Availability Calendar button to view the calendar days of the leave.
The calendar for the leave days appear, as shown in Figure 3.
The calendar is displayed for the entire week on which the leave is requested. It displays the available as well as closed days. In addition it displays the leave requested by other team members, which allows you to view the leave status of other team members before approving the leave request.
4. Click Accept button to accept the leave request or Reject button to reject the leave request.
The leave request is successfully accepted / rejected / forwarded to the next approver and a message suggesting the same appears on the home page, as shown in Figure 4.
Click on each of these links to know more about them:
- Setup of Leave Types
- Configure Leave Rules
- Configure the Time period to be used by the module
- Configure Leave Credit / Lapse Rules
- Setup of Weekends and Holiday Calendar
- Upload Leave Credits
- Credit Leave to Employees
- Download Leave Balance
- View Pending / Rejected / Past Leave Records
- View Leave Transactions
- View Leave Policy
- Leave Cancellation
- Apply for Leave
- Manager Dashboard for Leave
- Approve Leave as Manager