As an employee, you can apply the leave types available to you. This help page demonstrates steps to apply for leave as an employee.
Note: In Free Payroll and HR software, only a limited number of leave types are available. Upgrade to a paid version to avail multiple leave types.
Apply for any leave type
To apply leave, you need to:
- Log into the system as an employee.
- Go to Process and scroll down to Leave.
- Click on the Hand icon in front of the leave type that you want to apply in the Leave section.
The Apply for Leave: <Leave Type> page appears, as shown in Figure 2.
The page displays your leave approval work flow at the top of the window. It shows the roles of all the app rovers at each stage of the workflow with their names.
Usually, once you apply for leave, it is submitted to your manager who approves it and submits it to HR manager for updation of your leave records. However, this leave workflow may change according to your company’s specific requirements by your HR Manager.
- Select the start date and end date of the leave from Duration calendar controls. The total number of days you would be on leave appear.
- Provide the reason for leave in the Reason for Leave field and click Apply. The Leave is successfully applied and a message suggesting the same appears.
Apply for a Compensatory Off
An employee is entitled to avail a Compensatory leave against a day, when the employees has worked on a non working day.
1. Login as an Employee.
2. Go to Process tab and scroll down to the Leave section.
3. Look for Compensatory off leave type and apply for it. Click on the Acquire icon to avail the Comp off leave.
Note: Compensatory Leave type and Work From Home can be configured in the Setup leave types. An employee can avail Compensatory off only if this allowed by their employer.
A window Acquire: Comp Off appears as shown below. Input the Day and Reason for leave in the textboxes.
4. Click Apply button. The request is submitted to the Manager (depending upon the leave approval workflow – it may vary for each organization).
Once the leave is accepted by the Manager, there count for Compensatory off leave is increased by 1. The Compensatory leave type is credited with one day as shown in Figure 6.
5. Apply for the leave by clicking on the Hand icon.
6. Select the Day by using calendar controls.
7. Select the date again which you wish to avail the Comp off leave from the Avail against dropdown. All the Comp off that an employee has worked for are listed here.
8. Click Apply button. A message suggesting that the leave application is sent to the Manager appears on the screen.
Click on each of these links to know more about them:
- Setup of Leave Types
- Configure Leave Rules
- Configure the Time period to be used by the module
- Configure Leave Credit / Lapse Rules
- Setup of Weekends and Holiday Calendar
- Upload Leave Credits
- Credit Leave to Employees
- Download Leave Balance
- View Pending / Rejected / Past Leave Records
- View Leave Transactions
- View Leave Policy
- Leave Cancellation
- Approve Leave as Manager
- Manager Dashboard for Leave
- Apply for Leave