As an employee, you can apply the leave types available to you. This topic discusses how you can apply for leave as an employee.
To apply leave, you need to:
- Log into the system as an employee.
- Go to My Profile >> My Leave
The My Leave page appears, as shown in Figure 1.
- Click on the Apply button of the leave type that you want to apply in the Leave this Year subtab under My Leave tab.
The Apply for <Leave Type> page appears, as shown in Figure 2.
The page displays your leave approval work flow at the top of the window. It shows the roles of all the approvers at each stage of the workflow with their names.
Usually, once you apply for leave, it is submitted to your manager who approves it and submits it to HR manager for updation of your leave records. However, this leave workflow may change according to your company’s specific requirements by your HR Manager.
- Select the start date and end date of the leave from Leave Duration calendar controls.
The total number of days you would be on leave appear just before View Calendar button.
- Click View Calendar .
A calendar displaying the working and off days from the start date and end date specified in Leave Duration field appears, as shown in Figure 3.
- Provide the reason for leave in the Reason for Leave field and click Apply.
The Leave is successfully applied and a message suggesting the same appears, as shown in Figure 4.