As an employee, you can apply the leave types available to you. This topic discusses how you can apply for leave as an employee.
To apply leave, you need to:
- Log into the system as an employee.
- Go to Process and scroll down to Leave.
- Click on the finger icon in front of the leave type that you want to apply in the Leave
The Apply for <Leave Type> page appears, as shown in Figure 2.
The page displays your leave approval work flow at the top of the window. It shows the roles of all the app rovers at each stage of the workflow with their names.
Usually, once you apply for leave, it is submitted to your manager who approves it and submits it to HR manager for updation of your leave records. However, this leave workflow may change according to your company’s specific requirements by your HR Manager.
- Select the start date and end date of the leave from Leave Duration calendar controls.The total number of days you would be on leave appear just before View Calendar button.
- Provide the reason for leave in the Reason for Leave field and click Apply.The Leave is successfully applied and a message suggesting the same appears, as shown in Figure 4.
Click on each of these links to know more about them:
- Setup of Leave Types
- Configure Leave Rules
- Configure the Time period to be used by the module
- Configure Leave Credit / Lapse Rules
- Setup of Weekends and Holiday Calendar
- Upload Leave Credits
- Credit Leave to Employees
- Download Leave Balance
- View Pending / Rejected / Past Leave Records
- View Leave Transactions
- View Leave Policy
- Leave Cancellation
- Approve Leave as Manager
- Manager Dashboard for Leave
- Apply for Leave