The Setup of employee number generation rules functionality provides you an employee number generation mechanism and allows you to configure the way employees can log on to the system.
To setup employee number generation rules, you need to:
1. Log into the system as HR Manager
2. Go to Settings->Employee Records Settings->Add New Employee Settings.
The Add New Employee Rules page appears, as shown in Figure 1.
The provides you two options to generate employee numbers. These two options are:
- System automatically generates employee numbers based on the order of insert of employees: Allows you to set rules for the automatic employee number generation by the system.
- Employee Numbers are generated by the HR Manager: Allows HR manager to generate employee numbers.
The System automatically generates employee numbers based on the order of insert of employees option is automatically selected.
3. Select the desired employee number generation option. For this example, select System automatically generates employee numbers based on the order of insert of employees (if not already selected).
The related fields appear.
a. Specify the prefix that you want to use in the employee number in the Prefix field and suffix in the Suffix field, if required.
An example of the employee code with suffix and prefix appear in the View this will look like field.
b. Specify the starting number for the employee number generation in the Start Numbering field.
4. Select Employee numbers cannot be updated after the employee has been added checkbox, if you don’t want employee numbers to be updated once the employee is added to the system, as shown in Figure 2.
Yes is selected by default in the Employee Numbers are unique field and the field is uneditable so that the system has unique employee number for each employee.
5. Select Yes in User names are same as employee numbers field if you want to keep the employee number as a user name else select No, if you want to keep some other user name for employees.
The user names are used by the employees to log into the system.
Yes is already selected in Employee Emails are unique field and the field is uneditable to allow a unique email id to be added to the system.
6. Select the field using which the users can log into the system. Select Email option if you want to allow users to use their email id to log into the system or select User Name option to allow users to use their user name to log into the system.
7. Select Save to save the configurations you made on the page.
The configurations you made are saved successfully and a message suggesting the same appears, as shown in Figure 4.
Click on each of these links to know more about them
- Configure HRIS Fields
- Setup Access and Update Rights
- Setup Employee Number Generation Rules
- Add New Employee
- Set Employee Relationships
- Edit Employee Details