The Configure Employee Record Access Rules functionality allows you to set access and update rights for the employee information, its update rights, and approval process.
You need this functionality when you want to hide certain sections of employee information from managers and restrict the update process of employee records.
To set Access and Update Rights on employees’ information, you need to:
- Log into the system as an HR Admin/HR Manager.
- Go to Settings >> Employee records settings >> Employee data view-update rules.The Configure employee record access rules page appears, as shown in Figure 1.The page displays a list of modules under Record Features section that can be enabled or disabled. When a module is enabled the permissions can be set for all the actors in the system such as Employee, Manager/ Reviewer, HR Manager, and HOD/CEO.To view only required modules on which you want to act, you can filter the modules on the basis of Enabled, Disabled, and All filters by clicking on the desired filter in Show Module field.The Enabled filter allows you to view the modules that are enabled in the system, Disabled filter allows you to view the modules that are disabled in the system and All filter allows you to view all the modules.
- Figure 1
- Deselect a module to disable or hide the entire module from the system, as shown in Figure 2.The View checkboxes and Edit Options dropdown disappear from the disabled modules. Figure 2You can set the access rights and workflow for each role to allow edits on the module
- Select View checkbox for each role to which you want to allow view permission for the role on that module, as shown in Figure 3.For example, to allow view permission on Relationship with other employees module to Employee, HR Manager and HOD/CEO, select View checkbox under Employee and HRManager, and HOD/CEO.The view permissions are granted to Employee, HR Manager and HOD/CEO but not to Manager and Reviewer, for whom the View checkbox is deselected.You can click Check All View Permissions link to select view permissions for all the modules for all the roles and click UnCheck All View Permissions link to deselect view permissions for all the modules for all the roles.Figure 3
The Edit permissions can be granted to roles that have View permissions.
To allow edit permissions, you need to select a workflow that needs to be followed to finalize the changes.
For example, if an employee uploads his/her photograph, then the uploaded photograph needs to be approved by the employee’s manager and then the change would be finally accepted by the HR Manager and the database will be updated with the employee’s photograph. Thus, in such a scenario, you need to select the Emp To Mgr To HRM workflow for the employee.
- Select the desired workflow for each role that needs to be followed to allow changes, as shown in Figure 4.The available options are:
- Direct Lite: Allows direct approval or self approval. This option can be selected for the HOD, CEO or other senior executives of the company.
- Emp To HRM: Allows the employee to make changes and then send it to HR manager for approval.
- Emp To Mgr To HRM: Allows employee’s changes to be approved by the manager and then by HR.
- Manager To HRM: Allows the manager to make changes for a subordinate and then send it to HR manager for approval.
- Emp To Mgr: Allows employee’s changes to be approved by the manager.
- No: Changes not allowed.
- Select: Workflow not set.
- Click Save Changes to save the configurations you have made on the page.Figure 4The configurations are successfully saved and a message suggesting the same appears, as shown in Figure 5. Figure 5
Click on each of these links to know more about them
- Configure HRIS Fields
- Setup Access and Update Rights
- Setup Employee Number Generation Rules
- Add New Employee
- Set Employee Relationships
- Edit Employee Details