It is important to set the reporting structure of employees by setting relationships between employees . This is because managers approve requests for their subordinates. Setting managers will help this task be done easily.
To set employee relationship, you need to:
1. Log into the system.
2. Go to Manage -> Team
The Team Dashboard page appears, as shown in Figure 1.
3. Click on the Options button for the employee whose reporting structure you want to modify.
4. Select the View / Edit Employee option from the menu that appears.
The View / Edit Employee page appears, as shown in Figure 2.
Scroll down to Reporting Structure section, as shown in Figure 3.
5. Click Change Reports To to change the manager and reviewer of the employee.
The My Relationship->Change Reports To window appears, as shown in Figure 4.
6. Select corresponding Change checkbox for a relationship type to change that relationship type for the employee.
For example, if you wish to change the manager of the employee click Change checkbox corresponding to Manager Relationship type.
7. Provide the name of the new manager/ reviewer in the corresponding New Manager/ Reviewer textbox.
If you don’t remember the name of the new manager / reviewer, you can click on the Advanced Search icon to search the employee.
8. Click Submit.
The relationship is successfully updated and a message suggesting the same appears, as shown in Figure 5.
Similarly, you can change the Reportees relationship of the employee to modify the employees who report to the employee.
9. Click Change Reportees button in the Reporting Structure section.
The My Relationship->Change Reportees window appears, as shown in Figure 6.
The window displays a list of subordinates that the employee already has and allows you to add more subordinates.
10. Select the corresponding Not My Subordinate checkbox for a subordinate to remove that subordinate from the subordinates list.
11. Enter the name of the new subordinate in the Add New Subordinate field and then click the (+) icon to add that subordinate to the selected employees list.
Click Advanced Search icon to search the employee, if you don’t remember the name of the subordinate employee to be added for the employee.
12. Click Submit.
The relationship is successfully updated and a message suggesting the same appears, as shown in Figure 7.
Click on each of these links to know more about them
- Configure HRIS Fields
- Setup Access and Update Rights
- Setup Employee Number Generation Rules
- Add New Employee
- Set Employee Relationships
- Edit Employee Details