Masquerade functionality allows HR to login to Empxtrack portal as another employee and perform the necessary tasks. HR can login as an employee to train employees, resolve their problems, address queries and make approvals when a manager is not available.
To masquerade as an employee, you need to:
1. Log into the system as HR Manager.
2. Go to Process tab and scroll to the Manage Employees section.
Note: The application displays tabs depending on the Empxtrack product version that you are using. In Empxtrack Free Payroll and HR software, the Manage employees section appears on the landing page of the application.
3. Under View Edit Employee, select an option from the dropdown and select Employee name or first name or last name or any other option. For instance, select Employee name from the dropdown.
4. In the text field appearing next to the dropdown, type the name of the employee as shown in Figure 1.
5. Click on the Masquerade button to change your role to that of the selected employee.
6. A confirmation message appears on the screen, select OK.
The employee is successfully masqueraded and the homepage of the employee appears, as shown in Figure 2.
Note : The application displays the homepage depending on the Empxtrack product version that you are using. Figure 2 shows the homepage of Enterprise version.
At the top of the page, the Masqueraded By : <HRManager name> appears.
You can now perform all the tasks that the employee who you have masqueraded can perform. You have actually logged in as the employee without entering the employee’s user name and the password. Once, you have performed all the tasks, you can cancel the masquerade and go back to your Admin Login account.
7. Click x on the Masqueraded by <HRManager name> to cancel masquerade.
The masquerade functionality gets over and HR comes back to their login account without reentering your password.
Click on each of these links to know more about them: