The configure HRIS fields functionality allows you to add, remove, and rename fields as desired to customize Empxtrack system according to your specific requirements.
Before you configure HRIS fields, you must:
- Identify fields that are not required in the system
- Identify fields where you need label changes
- Identify additional fields that may be required to capture employee data
To Configure HRIS fields, you need to:
- Log into the system as an HR Manager/ HR Admin.
- Go to Settings >> Employee Records Settings >> Configure HRIS Fields.
The Configure HRIS fields page appears, as shown in Figure 1.
The page displays Employee Data variable type under Employee field types column and a list of variables for Employee Data variable type. Each variable in the list of variables can be customized according to the specific requirements of your company.
The variable type list displays two types of variables, Active and Inactive, with the number of variables each of them have. The Active variables are the selected variables for the variable type Employee Data. These variables will be used capturing/ displaying employee data. The Inactive variables are the variables that are not used by the system.
- Activate inactive variables that you want to use in your company by clicking Inactive button.
A list of Inactive variables for the selected data type appears, as shown in Figure 2.
- Click on the variable that you want to activate.
The edit screen for the selected variable appears on the extreme right section of the page, as shown in Figure 2.
- Modify the label of the variable by providing a new variable label in the Label text box, if required.
- Select the Visible checkbox to activate the variable .
- Click Save.
The variable is successfully activated and a message suggesting the same appears, as shown in Figure 3.
- Click Active button to see the variable successfully added to Active variables list, as shown in Figure 4.
- Deactivate the active variables that are not required and modify the labels of the Active variables by following the same steps (4-7) that you followed to activate and modify labels of the Inactive variables, if required.
- Click Add new custom field button to add a new custom field to HRIS database.
- The Configure HRIS fields > Add new custom field section appears in extreme right side of the page, as shown in Figure 5.
- Select the section of HRIS database under which you want to add the field from Section dropdown.
- Provide the name of the field in the Label textbox.
- Select the desired attributes of the field by selecting Mandatory, Visible, and Visible to employee? checkboxes.
- Select the type of field from Type dropdown and the maximum length allowed in the field from Maximum length field.
- Click Save.
The new field is successfully added to the HRIS database and is visible on the My Profile>>Overview page in My Personal details section, as shown in Figure 6.
Click on each of these links to know more about them
- Configure HRIS Fields
- Setup Access and Update Rights
- Setup Employee Number Generation Rules
- Add New Employee
- Set Employee Relationships
- Edit Employee Details