Configuration of HRIS fields allows addition, removal and renaming of fields. This helps in customizing Empxtrack system to meet company requirements.
Before configuring HRIS fields, you must:
- Identify fields that are not required in the system
- Identify fields where label changes are required
- Identify additional fields that may be required to capture employee data
Note: Configuration of HRIS fields functionality is only available in paid versions of Empxtrack.
To configure HRIS fields, you need to:
- Log into the system as an HR Manager/ Admin.
- Go to Settings page. Scroll down to Employee Records Settings section and click Configure HRIS fields.
The Configure HRIS fields page appears, as shown in Figure 2. This page allows you to update labels, setup visibility rules, formats, data types and validation rules for employee data fields fields for different sections of the employee database. You can configure the existing fields and add new fields as per your specific requirements.The variable type list displays two types of variables, Active and Inactive (see Figure 2), with the number of variables each of them have. The Active variables are the selected variables for the variable type Employee Data. These variables will be used capturing/ displaying employee data. The Inactive variables are the variables that are not used by the system.
Click on the Inactive fields to add a new fields to the section. The activated fields automatically show up in reports, employee profile and upload/download formats and API with the labels that have been setup here.
Activate inactive variables
- Activate inactive variables that you want to use in your company by clicking Inactive button. A list of Inactive variables for the selected data type appears, as shown in Figure 3.
- Click on the variable that you want to activate. The edit screen for the selected variable appears on the extreme right section of the page, as shown in Figure 3.
- Modify the label of the variable by providing a new variable label in the Label text box, if required.
- Select the Visible checkbox to activate the variable.
- Click Save.
The variable is successfully activated and a message suggesting the same appears, as shown in Figure 4.
- Click Active button to see the newly added variable added to Active variables list.
Deactivate the active variables
- Deactivate the active variables that are not required. Click Active button and go to the field that you want to make Inactive. For instance, we want to make Middle name as an Inactive field.
- Click Middle name and Configure HRIS fields > Edit section appears in extreme right side of the page, as shown in Figure 5.
- Uncheck the Visible checkbox and click Save button.
- Now click Inactive tab and see the Inactive field in this section.
Click on each of these links to know more about them
- Configure HRIS Fields
- Setup Access and Update Rights
- Setup Employee Number Generation Rules
- Add New Employee
- Set Employee Relationships
- Edit Employee Details