The Add New Employee functionality allows you to add a new employee to the Empxtrack system. In addition, it allows you to modify the desired masters from the same page, so that you do not have to leave this page again and again whenever there is a requirement to update the master to accommodate the employee details.
For example, consider, you hire an employee in IT department to train the employees with the upcoming new technologies. For this you need the training sub-department, which does not exist in the system. In such a scenario, you may need to update the sub-department master to add a new sub-department called Training to it.
Instead to going to HRIS to update the sub-department master, you can update the sub-department master from this page only. It is also useful for you, if you do not have access to HRIS module of Empxtrack.
To add a new employee, you need to:
1. Log into the system as HR Admin/HR Manager.
2. Go to Manage >> HR Manager Services >> Add New Employee.
The Add new employee page appears, as shown in Figure 1.
The page allows you to fill the details of a new employee.
3. Provide the Employee No and User Name fields for the employee.
The page displays the system-generated Employee No. and User Name information in their respective fields if the system is configured with auto generation of Employee No. and User Name information.
4. Provide the e-mail address of the employee in the E-Mail field.
5. Select the salutation for the employee from Salutation dropdown in the Employee Name fields. The available options are Dr, Mr, and Ms.
If you do not find the desired salutation option in the Salutation field, then you can add the desired options by clicking icon. To know how to add salutation, click Add Salutation.
6. Enter the name of the employee in the Employee Name fields. Enter the first name, middle name and the second name in the First Name, Middle Name and Second Name fields respectively.
The next section displays the Custom Fields that you have added to the system. You can now add details to your customized fields. If you have not added or removed any fields then you do not see any fields in Custom Fields section.
7. Select the date of birth of the employee from the Date of Birth calendar controls and select the gender of the employee from Gender dropdown in Personal Details section, as shown in Figure 2.
8. Select the date of joining and the employment type of the employee from the Date of Hire calendar control and Employment Type fields, as shown in Figure 2.
The Status field displays the status of employment as Current. This is because any new employee that you add to the system, becomes a current employee. You cannot add a new employee with any other status.
9. Select the job description, job category and the designation of the employee from Job Description, Job Category, and Designation dropdowns respectively.
If you do not find the desired employment type, job description, job category, designation, grade name options from their respective fields, then you can add the desired options by clicking icons just next to their respective fields. To know how to add their respective masters, click Add Employment Type, Add Job Description, Add Job Category, Add Designation, and Add Grade Name.
10. Select the function , sub-unit (SBU), department, location, region, and the company of the employee from Function, SBU, Department, Sub Department, Location, Region and Company fields respectively, as shown in Figure 3.
If you do not find the desired options from their respective fields, then you can add the desired options by clicking icons just next to their respective fields.
Click Add Function, Add SBU, Add Department, Add Region Name, Add Location Name, Add Region and Add Company Name to know how to add values to their respective masters.
11. Select Send a welcome email to employee once the record is added such that they can update the rest of their information check box, if you want to send the employee a welcome mail then
12. Click Save.
The employee is successfully added and a message suggesting the same appears, as shown in Figure 4.
The new employee is added to the list of your team members on the Team Dashboard page, as shown in Figure 5.
Click on each of these links to know more about them
- Configure HRIS Fields
- Setup Access and Update Rights
- Setup Employee Number Generation Rules
- Add New Employee
- Set Employee Relationships
- Edit Employee Details