Empxtrack allows addition of employees in two ways – upload employee data using a spreadsheet or add one employee at a time. This help page demonstrates steps to add employees one at a time. To upload employee data using a spreadsheet, visit the help page Upload Employee Data.
Watch the video demonstrating 2 quick methods to add employees in Empxtrack
Note: The number of fields to add employee data depends upon the Empxtrack product that you are using. Paid version of Empxtrack provides more fields for adding employee data. You can upgrade the free application to purchase additional employee licenses.
Follow the steps to add a new employee:
- Log into the system as HR Admin.
- On the Homepage, click the Add an employee or edit employee information tab. A page appears as shown in Figure 1.
Click the Add an Employee link. The Add new employee form appears (as shown in Figure 2) where you can fill personal and employment details.
- Input data in all the mandatory fields that are marked with an asterisk (*) and other fields relevant to the employee profile. Add employee details in the specified format to avoid errors.
- Provide the email address of the employee in the EMail field. Check the box against EMail if this email id is to be ignored while sending email from the system.
- Check on the box Send a welcome email to employee once the record is added such that they can update the rest of their information as shown in Figure 2, if you want to send the employee a welcome mail.
- You (or the employee) can fill in the remaining information later too.
- Click on Next to fill in the employment details of the employee. Input data in all the mandatory fields that are marked with an asterisk (*) and other fields relevant to the employee profile.
- The Status field displays the status of employment as Current as shown in Figure 2. Any new employee that you add to the system, becomes a current employee. You cannot add a new employee with any other status.Note: Click on the “+” sign to add new fields for Masters such as Department Grade etc. Empxtrack allows the addition of new masters to map profile fields as per company needs.
- While using Empxtrack Free Payroll, employee payroll related data (salary breakup, statutory data, employee preferences for ESI and PF, and leave balance) can be updated at the time of adding the new employee, as shown in Figure 3. This is needed for processing accurate payroll. Similarly, you can add basic salary information in the Employee portal application.
The steps to do that are as follows:
a. Provide the Salary breakup of the employee. You can store monthly or yearly values but the system internally converts this to yearly values.
b. Under the Statutory Ids section, enter details of all the mandatory statutory documents like Aadhar, PAN, UAN, Bank account and ESI number.
c. Provide employee payroll preferences to confirm eligibility of employees for PF and ESI, and select the contribution criteria too.
d. Under the Leave credit section, input the opening leave balance for the applicable leave types. You can change the balance rules and visibility by following the path: Product configurations >> Employee self services >> Leave configurations
- Click Confirm.
- The employee is successfully added and a message suggesting the same appears on the screen.
- The new employee that is added can be viewed under the View employees tab given on the HR Admin homepage.
Click on each of these links to know more about them
- Configure HRIS Fields
- Setup Access and Update Rights
- Setup Employee Number Generation Rules
- Add New Employee
- Upload Employee Data
- Upload Relationship Data
- Masquerade as another Employee
- Set Employee Relationships
- Edit Employee Details
- View the Entire Team
- Mark Employee Exited from Empxtrack System
- Multiple Upgrade Options in Empxtrack