Add New Employee functionality allows you to add a new employee to the Empxtrack system. It also allows you to modify the desired masters from the same page.
For example, consider you hire an employee in IT department to train the employees with the upcoming new technologies. For this you need the training sub-department, which does not exist in the system. In such a scenario, you may need to update the sub-department master to add a new sub-department called Training to it. Instead to going to HRIS to update the sub-department master, you can update the sub-department master from this page only. You can click on the “+” sign to add new fields for Masters such as Department.
To add a new employee, you need to:
1. Log into the system as HR Manager.
2. Go to Process tab. In Manage Employees section, click Add New Employee button as shown in Figure 1.
The Add new employee form appears as shown in Figure 2. This page allows you to fill personal and employment details of a new employee.
3. Input all the mandatory fields that are marked with an asterisk (*) and other fields relevant to the employee profile.
4. Provide the e-mail address of the employee in the E-Mail field. Check the box against E-Mail if this email id is to be ignored while sending email from the system.
5. The Status field displays the status of employment as Current as shown in Figure 2. This is because any new employee that you add to the system, becomes a current employee. You cannot add a new employee with any other status.
6. You can fill the rest of the Personal and Employment details later. You can click on the “+” sign to add new fields for Masters such as Department.
Note: Certain fields like Username, Retirement date, Job description, Cost center, Grade, Experience are available only in Empxtrack advanced paid versions.
7. Check on the box Send a welcome email to employee once the record is added such that they can update the rest of their information as shown in Figure 2, if you want to send the employee a welcome mail.
8. Click Save.
9. The employee is successfully added and a message suggesting the same appears as shown in Figure 3.
10. The new employee is added to the list of your team members on My Team Dashboard page.
Note: Since you will be clearing the Trial Data, Add employee functionality is disabled in the Free trial mode but available in Free Payroll. You can not add a new employee in Empxtrack Free Trial.
Click on each of these links to know more about them
- Configure HRIS Fields
- Setup Access and Update Rights
- Setup Employee Number Generation Rules
- Add New Employee
- View and Update Employee Data
- Set Employee Relationships
- Edit Employee Details