The Setup Expense Types functionality allows you to add expense types and sub types to the expense sub-module. All the expense types that you add here are available to the users while creating their expense request.
Companies have day-to-day business expenses, which are incurred in order to earn profits. Expenses in a company can be categorized into different types such as travel, entertainment, team, project, food, and lodging. Each category of expense can be sub categorized. For example, the category travel can be sub categorized in to air travel, train travel, and road travel.
Each expense item can be customized to be associated with limits on the basis of employment types and designations. For example, you can limit air travel to permanent employees, who are managers. In addition, other customizations such as claiming expenses in multiple currencies can also be done.
To setup expense types, you need to:
- Log in as HR Manager/ HR Admin.
- Go to Settings >> Employee Self Services Settings >> Travel & Expenses, as shown in Figure 1.
- Click Setup Expense Types link from the Travel & Expenses page that appears.
The Expense Types page appears, as shown in Figure 2.
The page displays the existing expense types and their sub types and allows you to add more expense types and their sub types.
- Click Add Expense Type button to add a new expense types.
The Add An Expense Type window appears, as shown in Figure 3.
- Provide the name of the expense type that you want to add in the Expense Type field and then click Save.
The expense type is successfully added and a message suggesting the same appears, as shown in Figure 4.
You can now add sub-categories for the expense type that you had added.
- Roll on the mouse on the category to which you want to add sub-categories and then click on the (+) icon from the pop up icons that appear, as shown in Figure 5.
The Expense Type : <Expense name> window appears, as shown in Figure 6.
- Provide the name of the category that you want to add in the Category field and then click Save.
The sub-category is successfully added to the expense type and a message suggesting the same appears, as shown in Figure 7.
Click on each of the following links to know more about them:
- Configure Travel
- Configure Expense
- Setup Expense Types
- Setup Travel Modes
- Create a Travel Request
- Create Expense Sheet
- Approve a Travel / Expense Request